test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paladin Question

evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I didn't get to see the twitch preview of Paladin so I was wondering if anyone saw what the weapon damage was for Paladin.

Is it 200 dmg (or thereabouts) less than the other classes like the GF long sword, or do they get to use full powered weapons and a shield too?
Post edited by evalira on

Comments

• Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I just wish they'd give them a different weapon type than we've seen before. Holy Avenger swords are "The Paladin" weapon, and the image showed him holding a mace, so one of those seems most likely, but we've had NO PCs with spears yet, or axes for that matter. I'd love to see a class that was spear and shield, and maybe had some kind of mounted combat thing; maybe an Daily power that you trigger while still on horseback where you charge in & deal a bunch of extra damage in one hit before retreating behind your shield on foot.

I know it's too late for the Oathbound Paladin, it's just something that would have been cool & different. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bardaaron wrote: »
    I just wish they'd give them a different weapon type than we've seen before. Holy Avenger swords are "The Paladin" weapon, and the image showed him holding a mace, so one of those seems most likely, but we've had NO PCs with spears yet, or axes for that matter. I'd love to see a class that was spear and shield, and maybe had some kind of mounted combat thing; maybe an Daily power that you trigger while still on horseback where you charge in & deal a bunch of extra damage in one hit before retreating behind your shield on foot.

I know it's too late for the Oathbound Paladin, it's just something that would have been cool & different. Oh well.

That would necessitate a complete rework of the mount system. Zero chance of that anywhere in the near future. As far as axes and the like go, there are axes in the game that you can reskin your weapon to if you feel so inclined. Personally, I would have anticipated the more classic hammer for the Paladin.
  • Options
    tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bardaaron wrote: »

You can get Spears for GF's through Transmutes.
    All Melee Classes (except possibly TR's) get Axes as Transmutes. The HR Melee Weapon is USUALLY a matched pair of Axes.
    Some DC Powers take the form of a Spear.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They did mention that there are other options, of which sword would be one but they did also mention transmutes.... should be maces, axes and swords, but some you'd have to transmute to get.
  • Options
    quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    All Melee Classes (except possibly TR's) get Axes as Transmutes.

There are at least 2 TR axe transmutes. The ones I got dropped off the low level spellscarred.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    HR Booster pack comes with axes.

I'm all for the Mace.
    And I'll get a freebie Cleric.
    When he says "Could you fight with a big stick?"
    I'll chat softly "Why yes. Yes I can in fact."

Neverwinter Paladins: Speaking softly and carrying a big stick since Mod 6.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    quoll wrote: »
    There are at least 2 TR axe transmutes. The ones I got dropped off the low level spellscarred.

Forgot about those!
    Don't you get an Ork Axe at one point, too?
    Been a while.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time