test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dual Spec ?

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
Wondering when will we have duel spec to switch (i don't want to constently pay 300 zen every time to change builds/talents) it's too expensive for me so wondering WHEN will you add dual spec (free to change from one build/spec to another without struggle) say for HR (Combat > Trapper/Archery) then back again depends on the situation ....
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But i cannot afford 300 every respec that alot of AD to farm ... and i dont have that time ...
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    But i cannot afford 300 every respec that alot of AD to farm ... and i dont have that time ...

Then better think well before you'll do respec.
    You can repsec on PTR all you want to check builds.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015

thats why they sell stuffs on zen store for money. for people with few patience/time and they do well.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Short answer: never. This isn't a sandbox game.

Well it is an MMO. And usually in MMOs its normal to have dual specc
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    The technology just isn't there
  • twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Build for pvp. A pvp toon can do any of the pve content in this game, but a pve toon won't have a good time in pvp.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Build for pvp. A pvp toon can do any of the pve content in this game.

Only if they massively outgear it. When they don't they don't have the dps to do it.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    jumboyet wrote: »
    Well it is an MMO. And usually in MMOs its normal to have dual specc

I don't think it is a sandbox thing either. I think it is a basic feature that a lot of MMOs have. I'm not really dying for it, but I would still like to have this feature in the future.
    edited January 2015
    I don't think it is a sandbox thing either. I think it is a basic feature that a lot of MMOs have. I'm not really dying for it, but I would still like to have this feature in the future.

Agreed, and since it would make it easier for many to get into pvp more, I think it's something that everyone can agree should be added.
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Only if they massively outgear it. When they don't they don't have the dps to do it.

Fair enough, but I just took my 4k alt, gave it some rank 4's and a couple purple items (to get to 8k requirement) and played through every T2 fine in an all alt friend list group. No armor/weapon enchants. You don't need gear as much as a decent build and knowing how to play.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fair enough, but I just took my 4k alt, gave it some rank 4's and a couple purple items (to get to 8k requirement) and played through every T2 fine in an all alt friend list group. No armor/weapon enchants. You don't need gear as much as a decent build and knowing how to play.

Only valid if all your team also were pvp builded 8k gs chars.
    edited January 2015
    ulviel wrote: »
    Only valid if all your team also were pvp builded 8k gs chars.

*takes a single hair, splits it, gives half to ulviel
    edited January 2015
    *takes a single hair, splits it, gives half to ulviel

No not at all. If all of you were 8kgs pvp builds it's one thing, and proves your point. If they weren't, it's called being carried. That's not hair splitting at all.
    edited January 2015
    No not at all. If all of you were 8kgs pvp builds it's one thing, and proves your point. If they weren't, it's called being carried. That's not hair splitting at all.

My apologies. I forget that some people have a hard time with T2 dungeons in NW. I'll run with you just for fun if you'd like. Only condition is that the whole party must be 8k pvp builds. If we cannot complete, then I'll eat my hat, which is a giant sombrero that I'm wearing right now.

Back to the OP, trapper pvp builds are more than good enough in pve. You'll get your dailies done with ease and never die in dungeons.
    edited January 2015
    My apologies. I forget that some people have a hard time with T2 dungeons in NW. I'll run with you just for fun if you'd like. Only condition is that the whole party must be 8k pvp builds. If we cannot complete, then I'll eat my hat, which is a giant sombrero that I'm wearing right now.

Back to the OP, trapper pvp builds are more than good enough in pve. You'll get your dailies done with ease and never die in dungeons.

Last time I ran with a full group in around 9kgs was back in mod2. While we still completed it was very ugly. When you only have that low of gs, the bosses die much slower, this means more adds, adds that aren't going to be able to be locked down the whole time. While it can be done, going with a pvp build which further lowers dps makes things harder once again. Your proof that it's still a steamroll is false unless it's all people with that low of a gs. This is just basic testing and logic.
    edited January 2015
    Your proof that it's still a steamroll is false unless it's all people with that low of a gs. This is just basic testing and logic.

Steamroll? Perhaps not, but a win is a win. Door to door is not even a problem if people use the right abilities and work together. Our gear has become so strong lately that most don't really need to play that way anymore, but a lot of people remember how to do it. It doesn't even matter if you all have terrible builds if the party is good at buff/debuffing and timing daze skills. Honestly tell me killing that boss you've faced over 100 times can't be done in any scenerio.
  • shyntershynter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wondering when will we have duel spec to switch (i don't want to constently pay 300 zen every time to change builds/talents) it's too expensive for me so wondering WHEN will you add dual spec (free to change from one build/spec to another without struggle) say for HR (Combat > Trapper/Archery) then back again depends on the situation ....

Best answer is probably just have 2 of whatever class you fancy. A onetime fee of... 200 zen? And then set them up for what you want them to do. Not exactly a stellar fix but...
    edited January 2015
    shynter wrote: »
    Best answer is probably just have 2 of whatever class you fancy. A onetime fee of... 200 zen? And then set them up for what you want them to do. Not exactly a stellar fix but...

With the RP costs of having two characters this is even worse. I can't imagine trying to play two or more characters anymore. I used to bounce around from GWF, HR, CW, but when mod4 came there was no more ability to do that so now I only play SW which I loved.
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You only need 67800 AD to respect feats you dont have to respect the entire char.