test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild ideas !!, Lets expand PVE

cetaceta Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
As we know that there is a form of guild option coming out. "guild strongholds". This wordage scares me. Im scared they are going to try to make guilds do pvp. This would get me to disband my active guild. So to avoid this i am doing my best to push ideas to the developers... This idea I have I want you guys to tell me what you think.

~ Drum rolls ~
When we get our awsome guild hall. Have upgrades and updates. Appearance changes.. Like start with a peice of land with nothing on it and have there be options for us to buy as add ons for our guild. Like a shack or a Castle, a moot for the castle. And maybe have statues that we can upgrade. Maybe one for each color of items so that we think twice on leaving that loot on the ground. With these statues have them give a form of a buff or awsome look for the guild for braging rights. We can also have a statue for donations of gold,astrodiamonds,ZEN. And have them give diffferent stuff. Maybe the lvl of these can adjust what you get when you pray every hour. Hence the addiction we allready have praying. What if we have a chance to get more ? Creating a form of charecter enhancement from guilds will give guilds more pull. As we sit right now half of us dont even like guilds for our own reason. People join guilds just because. Lets give them a reason.
Post edited by ceta on

Comments

• Options
    sweetpwnysweetpwny Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2015
    PVE and PVP belong in the game. If pvpers get something new...it's something we've waited a year for. PVE content is released each and everytime so you guys are never left out. Why act as though if pvpers get a little something it's bad for pve'ers when clearly it's not?

PVPers are forced to run Tiamat for updated weapons. Are PVE'ers forced to do pvp to upgrade their gear?
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sweetpwny wrote: »
    PVE and PVP belong in the game. If pvpers get something new...it's something we've waited a year for. PVE content is released each and everytime so you guys are never left out. Why act as though if pvpers get a little something it's bad for pve'ers when clearly it's not?

PVPers are forced to run Tiamat for updated weapons. Are PVE'ers forced to do pvp to upgrade their gear?

This x a million. The pve players always want to say how horrible and toxic the pvp players are yet pvp players NEVER say pve should be done with.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This x a million. The pve players always want to say how horrible and toxic the pvp players are yet pvp players NEVER say pve should be done with.

Funny thing is, there are plenty of toxic pve'ers too. The ones that exploit dungeons, kick people before they can loot. I know, join a guild but right now people just want to farm Tiamat 24-7. Not everyone in a guild is on the same page as everyone else. I feel that PVE'ers try a little too hard to make themselves out to be saints while putting down people that enjoy pvp.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Most the time there is a ton of pvp stuff in every patch. Almost every single patch has something for pvp in it.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This is a PVE-focused game with PVP tacked on to the side. Why shouldn't there be way more PVE things to do?

Of course it's overdue to have more PVP maps. But in no way should the two be regarded as on an equal footing.

And actually, you are not 'forced' to do Tiamat. You can buy all the Linu favors you want and totally avoid Tiamat if you so choose.

And the main issue here, as far as this thread is concerned, is a de facto requirement that 'guild strongholds' means forced guild vs. guild PVP. I also fear that this might be the case and I would prefer that the decision whether to PVP or not be left up to individuals, not up to guilds.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    This is a PVE-focused game with PVP tacked on to the side. Why shouldn't there be way more PVE things to do?

Of course it's overdue to have more PVP maps. But in no way should the two be regarded as on an equal footing.

And actually, you are not 'forced' to do Tiamat. You can buy all the Linu favors you want and totally avoid Tiamat if you so choose.

And the main issue here, as far as this thread is concerned, is a de facto requirement that 'guild strongholds' means forced guild vs. guild PVP. I also fear that this might be the case and I would prefer that the decision whether to PVP or not be left up to individuals, not up to guilds.

I'm supposed to just up and buy linu's favors? How would I go about doing that? How much would it cost for all the items? Does anyone ever tell you to throw money at the game to enjoy your content?

If guild strongholds will help with guild vs guild matches I'm all for that. Are you suggesting that would ruin PVE'ers fun?? How so? Shouldn't more group effort be put in? So you would rather people just pug? I don't get why something new for pvpers is frowned on so much by pver'ers. I wish we had more to choose from. I'd be grateful if the devs did this. As I'm sure they are going to add more PVE content too.

If more guild vs guild matches ensue, wouldn't this be good for casual pvpers, pugs and pve'ers that want to try pvp??
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This is a PvE game. If you're here only for the PvP then I feel sorry for you, because that is a side minigame at best here. Sure I'd love to see more pvp stuff added, but I am here for the PvE first and foremost. I should never be forced to do PvP to get anything for PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    This is a PvE game. If you're here only for the PvP then I feel sorry for you, because that is a side minigame at best here. Sure I'd love to see more pvp stuff added, but I am here for the PvE first and foremost. I should never be forced to do PvP to get anything for PvE.

This, 100%
  • Options
    edited January 2015

PVPers are forced to do PVE content for artifact weapons, cloaks and even icewind dale if they want the black ice set. Just because something might be introduced that is cool for pvpers isn't a slap in the face for pve'ers. If you feel that way, maybe you should remember this is a MMO with many different playstyles.

Didn't know this world revolved around you and if PVE'ers are trying to make it just for them...I feel sorry for you.
  • Options
    kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why is there a need to differentiate between PvE and PvP standpoints?
    As it stands and everyone accepts, they co-exist, whether you like it or not.
    Some MMOs do have higher emphasis on either.
    If as per people label, this is more PvE centric, so be it.
    But PvPers asking for a little more content as mentioned, doesn't hurt the PvEers.
    Why do the PvEers twitch upon hearing things that seem for better?

Whether or not they should be on equal basis, I believe PvPers have never really scoff at PvEers to get less in here.
    Like one of the poster suggested, the updates were embraced even when they had to PvE for the gears.
    The "buying Linu" comment blows this out of the equation. Really? Dude.....

From the previous MMOs I've participated, I believe I see a very mild crowd down here.
    (who's patient enough for 5 modules of crappy PvP honestly speaking and not fed any joy)
    Domination the only arena and Gauntlyrm is a joke really.

Once again, stop the differentiation of the 2 factions already.
    It's tiring to hear "This is a PvE game, I feel sorry for you. Get out!"
    The PvPers here doesn't even call PvEers "carebears" like other MMOs... goodness man.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Why is there a need to differentiate between PvE and PvP standpoints?
    As it stands and everyone accepts, they co-exist, whether you like it or not.
    Some MMOs do have higher emphasis on either.
    If as per people label, this is more PvE centric, so be it.
    But PvPers asking for a little more content as mentioned, doesn't hurt the PvEers.
    Why do the PvEers twitch upon hearing things that seem for better?

Whether or not they should be on equal basis, I believe PvPers have never really scoff at PvEers to get less in here.
    Like one of the poster suggested, the updates were embraced even when they had to PvE for the gears.
    The "buying Linu" comment blows this out of the equation. Really? Dude.....

From the previous MMOs I've participated, I believe I see a very mild crowd down here.
    (who's patient enough for 5 modules of crappy PvP honestly speaking and not fed any joy)
    Domination the only arena and Gauntlyrm is a joke really.

Once again, stop the differentiation of the 2 factions already.
    It's tiring to hear "This is a PvE game, I feel sorry for you. Get out!"
    The PvPers here doesn't even call PvEers "carebears" like other MMOs... goodness man.

I honestly could not respond to all of what you have texted in better content. All of you are coming up with Issues that I hope that neverwinter addresses in future updates. As neverwinter still has years to come. I am very interested in what they bring to us. As for PVP, Yes, I do understand that we need more pvp maps. But not pvp content. And we have to stop adjusting these charecters to match for pvp. Its killing us in pve. And its been a few updates allready for pvp players. Im asking for some simple updates for the guild.. As we do these updates for guild, this will help both sides of the coin.

More or less, I see alot of poeple screaming out "MEMEMEME" sounding like there in beeker mode. I can garrentee 6 out of 9 poeple you talk to with a gear score over 20k are stuck up rarely respond to you. I also get alot of poeple wanting to teach me how to scam others and wanting to scam me. All though this is very common in other games. Its not what i am use to from Neverwinter. With this guild option, If built right, I am hopeing it creates more of a group effort. So poeple speak more of the "US" and "We" And "team". Not the Me's and I's.

There is definatly 4 things we need to improve inguild.

1. We need to have a better design in guild to know of activity. When people donate gold, astrodiamonds, there should be a way to grade this. So we can compete with each other though guild donations. Also so we know who donates what. I have over 400 gp in my guild bank. No one to thank. My history doesnt go back that far. Also when i try to cycle the poeple in my guild to drop the poeple whom havnt logged in for 6 months, i have to wait for a 3d box to pop up on each name to catch the time. There should be an extra slot for that for easy flush.

2. The guild compacity set at 500 is very low. I have 10 charecters, my mom, girl, same.. thats 30 charecters for 3 people in guild. As we are active over 100 hours a week combind... ATM. Maybe ore right now. More of what i am saying is. There are generations of game players. We all have different schedules. to max the guild to 500 we are limited to having 10-30 poeple online in guild during peek. As when there are events, maybe a little more. But guild fills fast with our alts. You may want to come up with the idea of only having one charecter in your guild and kicking the alts... Question is. Why should i have to do this ? And in all honestly. Why would i want to ? Maybe give the guild lvls, each lvl past 1 we get an extra 200 poeple to guild ??? 1 out of 4 poeple in guild talk active in ratio. So with 20 poeple online you have only 5 poeple talking and still half of them are in party mode. Making the guilds seem empty.

3. Guild needs a form of goals. Something we have to do together to get a form of points together. Both pvp and pve settings would work. I can hep with the ideas with this if the gms need help.

4. ATM we have a gold donations.....Question.... For what ???? The upgrades are in astrodiamonds...How do they donate Astrodiamonds ?
    So the idea i would say is... Have there be donations for just about every currency we would need for upgrading in the guild... I would have had all my bankslots open if my guildies would have been able to donate. Another thing. LOCK THE CURRENCY DONATIONS SO NO ONE. Not een the guild master can take from it. This will insure that donations to the guild will be spent in the guild. Also will give the members in the guild satisfactory that they helped the guild out. Not the wanna be Master that is using the guild for self purpose.

over all......Im excited that I'm not alone here and you all, both pvp and pve (carebears) get what im saying.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ceta, how is it killing you in pve?

Cw's storm spell does massive damage. How could that hurt in pve?

HR's wild medicine still functions like it used to but only in PVE...no longer as effective in pvp.

Rogues, the damage done is still the same in PVE but players have the wrath of that one shot kill amongst stuns for life.

PVE aspects are still the same if anything it's damaged pvpers with unnecessary boosts that also apply against pvpers and I swear deflect just doesn't work like it used to.

So, seriously...these buffs apply to pve'ers...they don't say "only works in pvp or half the amount of damage or stun in pve." Does anyone bother really reading what their skills do on the feat tree? It clearly states they nerf some things in pvp only...meanwhile some classes get this huge overpowered buff which when applied in pve does no harm but when applied in pvp, is wayyy unbalanced.

So seriously, what do you mean?

They have in fact come up with a way for changes to only apply against other players leaving it in tact for PVE.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    ceta wrote: »
    As we know that there is a form of guild option coming out.

All they said is that will be nothing such in mod6. It's more an acknowledgement that the community wants guild things.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    ceta wrote: »
    2. The guild compacity set at 500 is very low.

Agreed. For an all-around the world guild with players from any timezone, 500 members mechanically means 20 online at a time, way way way not enough for guild activities when one hour of casual play is already filled by all the mandatory grind. And when the main grind, Tiamat, has been specifically designed to not allow guild queueing.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm supposed to just up and buy linu's favors? How would I go about doing that? How much would it cost for all the items? Does anyone ever tell you to throw money at the game to enjoy your content?

Here is a newsflash. From Cryptic's point of view, PVP exists in this game to extract money from PVPers in order to subsidize the PVE mission of this game.

If you don't want to be a part of this, then play another game where PVP is not viewed as a cash cow.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Here is a newsflash. From Cryptic's point of view, PVP exists in this game to extract money from PVPers in order to subsidize the PVE mission of this game.

If you don't want to be a part of this, then play another game where PVP is not viewed as a cash cow.

Newsflash, they need to balance it out so that not only PVP is viewed as the cash cow so that PVE'ers may also get a taste of it as well. Bet you don't like that idea do you? If you don't like it, in the near future you may be given the same speech of going to another game...

Pvpers getting new content is in no way shape or form disruptive towards pve. Why shouldn't we get new content since our mode of playstyle is what keeps the game pouring in the money? I'm sure another game would love my money. Have any suggestions?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Newsflash, they need to balance it out so that not only PVP is viewed as the cash cow so that PVE'ers may also get a taste of it as well. Bet you don't like that idea do you? If you don't like it, in the near future you may be given the same speech of going to another game...

Why do pve'ers always band together and parrot the same things over and over? Sounds almost like a cult type of thinking.

Because we look at needing to spend the amounts that pvp'ers do, to even begin to play as insanity and would leave en masse if that happened. Most of us will spend for somethings, but we will never ever think of spending 1000 on a toon for gear.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This concept was introduced in the former MMO I played for 6-7 years (quit that one about 2 years ago), but the player groups were called clans, not guilds. It was not PvP-based at all. Clanmates could work together to increase the size/attributes of the stronghold by engaging in set activities in the stronghold. As the stronghold grew in power, the members also gained power in various ways. It was ok, but I was not really into it.

I much more preferred the player housing in my former MMO - which was introduced 2 years before clan strongholds. I really would have rather seen that concept first in Neverwinter. My former MMO did player housing perfectly - was pretty amazing! It was a good in-game wealth dump, too, as upgrades could get pretty expensive. The housing was accessed through housing portals in different areas. You could choose to let anyone enter or only people on your friends list. Sigh - I miss my old house - it was pretty boss!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I personally think guild leaders should be able to decide if they are a pvp guild or pve mostly then from there the grind campaign can happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    This concept was introduced in the former MMO I played for 6-7 years (quit that one about 2 years ago), but the player groups were called clans, not guilds. It was not PvP-based at all. Clanmates could work together to increase the size/attributes of the stronghold by engaging in set activities in the stronghold. As the stronghold grew in power, the members also gained power in various ways. It was ok, but I was not really into it.

I much more preferred the player housing in my former MMO - which was introduced 2 years before clan strongholds. I really would have rather seen that concept first in Neverwinter. My former MMO did player housing perfectly - was pretty amazing! It was a good in-game wealth dump, too, as upgrades could get pretty expensive. The housing was accessed through housing portals in different areas. You could choose to let anyone enter or only people on your friends list. Sigh - I miss my old house - it was pretty boss!

Oh My gawd !!! Now thats what im talking about !!! It would be a dream if the gms took you and me together to help them with Guild idea's. There is so much we can influance with guilds. I am stunned that they focused so much in this pvp garbage when its us PVE peoples who spend more... Proven fact. Roleplayers spend more on there appearance items then pvpers as the pvpers only care about stats. roleplayers care about looks. BTW, i spent over 500k astrodiamonds on just my appearance alone on my guardian fighter. Not iincluding the items and colors. LOL......
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can folks stop with the 'handbags at dawn' act! Yes it is a PvE focused game, yes some of the accommodations for PvP are irritating but PvP is here to stay, it has a valid (If smaller than its verbose advocates here on the forums would like everyone to believe) place here and besides which some of the people responsible for putting Neverwinter together are fans of PvP... so regardless of anyones opinion we are only doing ourselves (Whatever 'side' you are on) a dis-service in continuing to snipe at each other... worse, we are doing the game a dis-service in making it less pleasant for all of us with a childish and toxic atmosphere (BOTH sides are guilty of it!).

What is being, or trying to be talked about here would potentially benefit BOTH PvE and PvP by way of extra buffs. Either way guild strongholds are coming (After mod 6 is out) Given that it is coming in what would PvPers want to see come of it.... and no 'we want it to go away' it is announced, no doubt being developed to some extent and it is a done deal.... so how do you make the most off it. If you don't ask you'll likely never get, so ask away!

Are any of the suggestions made of interest in any way to the PvPers? I don't know, I am not a PvPer.... so tell me and add to it with suggestions you would like to see!
  • Options
    omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Many people here talk as if majority of the players would only want to PVP or PVE exclusively. I think that's a misconception. I would think most players would like to do a little bit of both, however the current system strongly discourages that because PVP and PVE builds are very different. So, you have to choose one, and the incentive to do the other drops a lot because you know that you would perform poorly in the other compartment. This is why a dual spec system (including attributes like CON, STR etc) would probably make PVP more popular.
  • Options
    ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dont like pvp but i want to see more for pvp players ingame.We take a lot of things for pve with every update and pvp players still got almost nothing compared to what we get for pve(new zones,dailies,new gear,dungeons,skirmishes etc).And dont forget that the fastest way in every mmo to gear up for endgame pve is through pvp.Unless you have a guild that will boost you through dungeons and pass everything that drops for you(that almost never happens because noone will waste his time for a stranger). :cool:
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Go visit Star Trek Online's and check out the Fleet Base system. The system here will most likely strongly mirror what Cryptic implemented there. I imagine it will be improved a great deal and the UI will be very different of course, but the underlying system will most likely be very very similar.

Player housing, where you can plop down a house somewhere in game will NEVER be implemented here. NEVER EVER EVER. The game's engine simply doesn't support something like that. At best, there will be a single house with a door where everyone's house is, and when you go through that door, you're in YOUR house. That's probably how guild strongholds will be implement, by the way.

That said, the stronghold will not be linked the UGC (aka, the Foundry). Well.. ok, I suppose it's possible but I would rate it extraordinarily unlikely. If it is like the STO version, the design and layout of guild strongholds will be fixed and each guild will be able to upgrade and enhance it with features, vendors, rooms, decorations, etc, over time, but the Guild doesn't control the layout of design.

Anyway - Akro said yesterday that <jazz_hands>Stongholds are a sometime-after-mod-6 thing so there's really nothing more to say</jazz_hands>. Meaning, he threw it out in the blog post as a sort of teaser, but other than clearly having decided to think about doing it, Cryptic hasn't actually committed to DOING IT yet, at the very least not until Mod6 has been deployed...
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015

In other words, pvp players are not really welcome in Neverwinter. The devs and the players themselves could not have made this more clear.

It is always fun to be somewhere you are not welcome and crash the party. "Oh no there goes the neighborhood" right??