test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

any gwf tips?

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Militia Barracks
so i got my hr to 60. now i am working on my other classes. got any tips for my gwf? im pretty terrible. any tips would be apreciated.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Leveling as a gwf isn't bad still imo. Just go IV sent. It's only at 60 I feel the mod4 nerfs really make them unviable unless you are in full BiS. If you're just going to unlock the artifact you shouldn't have any real problems just going sent.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Leveling as a gwf isn't bad still imo. Just go IV sent. It's only at 60 I feel the mod4 nerfs really make them unviable unless you are in full BiS. If you're just going to unlock the artifact you shouldn't have any real problems just going sent.

thanks a ton.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For PVE play, for a GWF, I would suggest Swordmaster Destroyer. When soloing things, you kill things relatively fast.

If you take the Staying Power feat (which is pretty good), then be sure to always debuff the mobs first with a swing or two of Weapon Master's Strike before applying your encounters.

The hard part about GWF that I have found is tuning your DR - you need enough so that you aren't constantly dying to mobs, but you can't have too much, otherwise you'll never be able to get the benefit of the Unstoppable buff.

PVE soloing with an IV Sentinel is pretty awful, I have found. You can't kill things very fast. It is one step above a GF, but not a big step.

For PVP, it appears the current FOTM build is IV Sentinel and abusing the heck out of the Intimidation feat. But to be effective there, you need a *lot* of power (over 10k or so) and that is hard to do. But if you are just getting started in PVP, it doesn't matter very much, you can play almost any build and be reasonably successful (well, as successful as any non-TR class that is - they will still one-shot you, but they will one-shot anyone at a beginning gear level).

And you likely won't find a lot of builds here on the forums, unfortunately, because what has happened in the past is: (1) someone posts a build (2) it becomes popular (3) people abuse the heck out of it in PVP (4) people cry on the forums demanding it be nerfed (5) devs acquiesce to the complaints and begin the nerfs. So people are more hesitant to post builds because they don't want them copied. I would suggest joining a good guild, and asking among your guildmates more detailed questions.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    put it in a corner and run
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kabinoles wrote: »
    put it in a corner and run

This. Level a gwf alt to get the Sigil and hurry back to your main. For the levelling, what I did with my own gwf was to play the foundry BIll Taver again and again because he was too weak for the regular quests, and never welcome in dungeons parties of course. Bill Tavern should still be completable by your mod5 gwf, despite being weaker than my mod1 gwf. For the fight when the widow summons twice an elite, gain time by running aroiund the table. Same tactics also works for the final boss. The fight in the lower basement against the elite that drains your vitality is the hardest, there is no real way to handle it. But by all means if you wish to reach lvl 60, do it before mod6 comes.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • cheezewezzelcheezewezzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    This. Level a gwf alt to get the Sigil and hurry back to your main. For the levelling, what I did with my own gwf was to play the foundry BIll Taver again and again because he was too weak for the regular quests, and never welcome in dungeons parties of course. Bill Tavern should still be completable by your mod5 gwf, despite being weaker than my mod1 gwf. For the fight when the widow summons twice an elite, gain time by running aroiund the table. Same tactics also works for the final boss. The fight in the lower basement against the elite that drains your vitality is the hardest, there is no real way to handle it. But by all means if you wish to reach lvl 60, do it before mod6 comes.

I really don't understand this. I easily levelled my GWF and have no trouble with any of the level 60 solo quests. Of course, I have a female half-orc GWF, not one of those weak boys.