test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Icewind Major Heroic drops

thunderincaravanthunderincaravan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
So, my GWF had roughly about 150-200 MH runs without ever getting the arm drops. My Guildmates, feeling bad for me, stepped up and got the AD to allow me to buy the Black Ice Booster pack that gave a Black Ice armor piece of your choice (limited time offer).
Here's my problem with all of this, the drop rate has never been really consistent for most players to win the item and the probability is so low that it can frustrate the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of all of us. So, I thought that instead of having a flat rate percentage for the whole time, the probability would increase after a certain number of Major Heroics were reached.

So when a player reaches 100 MH, increase the drop rate from the current rate (1%-5%) up to (5%-10%). If the drop still hasn't been reached, after 250 MH, increase that rate again from (5%-10%) up to (15%-25%). That way, after working that much, the drop should happen.

Also, bring back that dang Black Ice Booster Pack! Give the players a chance to get the BI armor set if they want. Does anyone else have any other suggestions to allow more players to complete the Black Ice set?
Post edited by thunderincaravan on

Comments

• Options
    skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes. My suggestion would be to let the player get Icewind Pass/Dwarven Valley seals/coins with every successful HE. For a great success, you get 5 coins, otherwise 3 or a minimum of 1 coin for passing through (rough figures). Then, if you get lucky, you get the drop directly and otherwise you can buy the bracers for some gold, AD, black ice, and a certain number of coins, say 200.

In this manner, there is an upper limit to the number of HEs you need to do before you get the drop. The situation is a lot less frustrating and the player can see how much progress he has made till he can get a bracer.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yes. My suggestion would be to let the player get Icewind Pass/Dwarven Valley seals/coins with every successful HE. For a great success, you get 5 coins, otherwise 3 or a minimum of 1 coin for passing through (rough figures). Then, if you get lucky, you get the drop directly and otherwise you can buy the bracers for some gold, AD, black ice, and a certain number of coins, say 200.

In this manner, there is an upper limit to the number of HEs you need to do before you get the drop. The situation is a lot less frustrating and the player can see how much progress he has made till he can get a bracer.

This is also a viable option and I can agree with that one as well. I just want everyone to get the chance to have the armor of their choice. All T1 and T2 sets are completely easy to get after a while in the beginning. Why should this set be any different?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I already have T2 sets for all toons with my DC having 2 sets (High Prophet and Miracle Healer) and one of my GFs has two sets as well. That not a big deal but I do like the Purified set for the DC. With all the issues I went through for my GWF, the DC stands no chance. So, I figured we should see if Cryptic (a dev suggested that I bring this conversation to the forum, BTW) can change this somehow.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No one else has issues with the drop rate in IWD?
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most of us have the issue, but it is useless and effortless to discuss as new BIS level 70 gear coming. Even they improve the RNG system or giving a new token system, people will just ignore and go for new gears, with the exception devs open a T4 level for BI gears.
  • Options
    odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah..endless people have vented their frustration about this. The special booster pack was a great bandaid but I assume it's gone. I ended up buying it after doing god knows how many HEs on my DC. Even have guildies follow me around just to die so I can res them for extra credits but still no Bueno. Wish they have a system like the books or artifact items. Grind like crazy to get linu favor/cult secrets/sigils and buy the arms after a gazzilion runs. Or even let people sell it in the AH. Anyway, the special booster pack was a great bandaid solution and I am glad I have my purified set now. Good luck to everyone else and can't wait for the drow set.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, my GWF had roughly about 150-200 MH runs without ever getting the arm drops. My Guildmates, feeling bad for me, stepped up and got the AD to allow me to buy the Black Ice Booster pack that gave a Black Ice armor piece of your choice (limited time offer).
    Here's my problem with all of this, the drop rate has never been really consistent for most players to win the item and the probability is so low that it can frustrate the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of all of us. So, I thought that instead of having a flat rate percentage for the whole time, the probability would increase after a certain number of Major Heroics were reached.

So when a player reaches 100 MH, increase the drop rate from the current rate (1%-5%) up to (5%-10%). If the drop still hasn't been reached, after 250 MH, increase that rate again from (5%-10%) up to (15%-25%). That way, after working that much, the drop should happen.

Also, bring back that dang Black Ice Booster Pack! Give the players a chance to get the BI armor set if they want. Does anyone else have any other suggestions to allow more players to complete the Black Ice set?
    Theres a lot of suggestion before with this issues since from the start of IWD with no result. still hunting for it since last year and still I have a very very bad luck having that arm piece.
  • Options
    tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2015
    Best solution is to avoid encounters with many people or cws and sws.

My TR back in mod 3-4 looked for encounters he could solo and got both bracers and mainhand allready while in Icewind Pass, both from soloing the He's in back area and in a matter of 2-3 weeks spending about an hour a day.

Its (was pre mod 5 for TR) so flawed, that I have experienced that my TR soloed two big groups of mobs in a barbarian HE in icewind pass, then a single gwf and cw showed up after that and my tr did not earn great succes. So avoid doing HEs with other people - unless they are weak.

My CW never had problems getting the stuff and got atleast 10 bracers and mainhands - due to the op nature of cw. She too would solo HE's for the enchant drops until drops got nerfed.

Also tried helping some guildies by using my CW but found out there was no point. Even if we were 2-3 only. My CW would always earn the great success and the other(s) often not.

It such a flawed mechanic - the dps dealers takes it all.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Most of us have the issue, but it is useless and effortless to discuss as new BIS level 70 gear coming. Even they improve the RNG system or giving a new token system, people will just ignore and go for new gears, with the exception devs open a T4 level for BI gears.

True and I thought of that but even with that in mind, I think the BI set can still be used over say the regular T2 sets to get to the new sets. Plus, those PvPers may be able to use it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Not here, i did try, but gave up on it and got the profession pack when you were able to pick which one you wanted, only have 2 pieces atm. Only to do kessell's, but yes it is annoying as hell.

Magenubbie - Has a very valid point
    Skyvalker64 - That would be awesome, sounds somewhat like the Dragon HE's with the dragon coins, a much better way to do it, you are still grinding, but not killing yourself hoping RNG throws you a bone.

In fact, to expand on Skyvalker64's point, I got the full Templar set for my DC atm. I still like the Purified BI set for her though. I think it would work very well. And again, it could be a moot point with the new sets coming out in Mod 6
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    odnnauq wrote: »
    Yeah..endless people have vented their frustration about this. The special booster pack was a great bandaid but I assume it's gone. I ended up buying it after doing god knows how many HEs on my DC. Even have guildies follow me around just to die so I can res them for extra credits but still no Bueno. Wish they have a system like the books or artifact items. Grind like crazy to get linu favor/cult secrets/sigils and buy the arms after a gazzilion runs. Or even let people sell it in the AH. Anyway, the special booster pack was a great bandaid solution and I am glad I have my purified set now. Good luck to everyone else and can't wait for the drow set.

Yeah, that special booster pack is still being sold but the BI piece of your choice inside was a limited time. And the system of being able to work for coinage to buy the item like WoD/ToD is very valid and an easy fix IMHO.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tbhdk2 wrote: »
    Best solution is to avoid encounters with many people or cws and sws.

My TR back in mod 3-4 looked for encounters he could solo and got both bracers and mainhand allready while in Icewind Pass, both from soloing the He's in back area and in a matter of 2-3 weeks spending about an hour a day.

Its (was pre mod 5 for TR) so flawed, that I have experienced that my TR soloed two big groups of mobs in a barbarian HE in icewind pass, then a single gwf and cw showed up after that and my tr did not earn great succes. So avoid doing HEs with other people - unless they are weak.

My CW never had problems getting the stuff and got atleast 10 bracers and mainhands - due to the op nature of cw. She too would solo HE's for the enchant drops until drops got nerfed.

Also tried helping some guildies by using my CW but found out there was no point. Even if we were 2-3 only. My CW would always earn the great success and the other(s) often not.

Normally, I would agree with that but the first toon I have that won that was my hybrid GF. He wasn't really high in DPS nor too high in tankiness. Nevertheless, he got the drop from the Remo fight after doing only 5 MH. My CW got the drop after doing under 50 (at that point, I didn't really count. Then, my DPS machine GWF never got the drop, even after 200 MH, nothing. So, I agree but disagree. I think there is a flaw in the system that is causing this. I think it was a mistake Cryptic overlooked and probably should fix it. I know it's not a major issue and totally not needed because of how many types of armor there are out there but for those who want it, should be able to get it within reason. At least WoD gave people that option. I'm hoping to generate enough interest to get Cryptic to change the system a tiny bit and fix this.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I guess this isn't really a hot topic. Aside from going with the normal T2 armor, do you think the Templar armor is worth going with over the Black Ice armor. I'm a fan for the three toons I have with splits on others but I'd rather 4 piece sets. Thoughts? (since this post isn't really garnering much attention)
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tbhdk2 wrote: »

I agree! Pre GWF nerf I would get BI bracers about 30% of the time I did the remo HE. After that, nothing, until just recently when I got my main hand from the BI Beholder. I did it with just 2 GF, a DC, and me. About 100 BI beholder kills total before I got main hand and it was with a low dps party.

I had given up on it for the most part. Only went to IWD out of boredom when I got it and I had been playing IDW since it launched. Also no yeti yet. I couldnt even put a number on how much meat that little jerk has turned his nose up at, mountains of yeti treats at this point.

I would like them to put the drop rate back up for them. Shortly after launch of IWD they significantly dropped the drop rate for BI items.
    Until something happens though the only reason my alts are setting foot in that god forsaken hole is to get the arti quest. I have a fully refined set on my main and I would rather nutcheck myself into a flagpole than go through that again.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People have been begging to replace the ****ty RNG with a token system. But as others noted, Mod 3 might be obsolete soon anyway and devs already have moved on. I mean, we still have bugged Open World PVP Dominations. That kinda tells you everything you need to know.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a fully refined set on my main and I would rather nutcheck myself into a flagpole than go through that again.

ouch but I agree - don't want to go thru that again. I'd love to see a token-turn-in for the gloves or, since Mod 6 will be out soon, just drop the HE requirement and make us grind more BI for the gloves from the armorer, just like the rest of the stuff.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am so, so sad that I missed that event, I would of bought 3 packs right away to get the gear pieces I need. QQ
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I got lucky only once and if it weren't for my guildies, I wouldn't have gotten the arms for my GWF. All my other toons have 3/4 of the set and waiting. One thing I noticed about the BI sets is how they worked as good in PvE and PvP. I'm not a big PvP but sometimes I like to dabble (and obviously get my butt handed to me) but in terms of PvE, the set still works well. I guess that's the trouble with this. I simply like the BI set for it's total ability and there hasn't been a match to it.
    I still kept all the T2 sets I had (AoW, for instance). Just for that offbeat chance I may need it. I was kind of hoping that there was word on the new set in mod 6 so I know if I'm going to have to continue grinding it out or stop and wait.
    Still hoping something comes up, somewhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, I never really thought about the coin system for the armorer until it was brought up here. It's still a viable option BUT makes it totally doable. I guess that's the biggest issue here. No one knows if they will get the drop and the drop rate is so ridiculous that you want to slam your head against a wall.
    Some are just all that lucky but I haven't been and noticing some of the comments, some others haven't been either. I have been on the preview shard but haven't looked at anything except the Paladin and I'm hoping that it doesn't come down to still needing the BI set for that class too. :(