test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback thread for new Professions levels

mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
First, thank you for correcting issues with the preview server.

Second, I really enjoy doing professions and would like to preview the upcoming set of raised prof levels. However, when I got into the preview server my profession screen would not show me what the higher than level 20 tasks are. The Alchemy in particular does not have a task to gain experience points.

Is this something that will not be turned on during the preview? I understand that it is low priority and combat, new zones, character level cap, etc.... are what your focusing on. I also understand if your not going to release them to stop a run on the AH, which is pretty smart.

If you are going to turn this on at a later date, I'm sure you will add a sticky here for feedback.

Thank you.

=RV=
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    That is correct. Leatherworking is the only profession updated at this time. Alchemy and Weaponsmithing should be done before the next patch (I hope).
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I saw the new major armor kits, I like that, but since rare tasks don't always pop up, can anyone tell em if there are new shirts/pants that have an enchantment slot?

For those that haven't seen major kits add +200 of any given stat, except for HP which will most likely be +800
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    I saw the new major armor kits, I like that, but since rare tasks don't always pop up, can anyone tell em if there are new shirts/pants that have an enchantment slot?

Yes. :D
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Yes. :D

I don't suppose you can tell me if we are going to have upgraded versions of the old VT/MC weapon sets too?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited January 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Or add overload slots to older armor sets?

Nah, that's not as important, I'd actually rather not, I want the power creep to remain minimal. And that's not even profession related, which is the focus of this thread.

Maybe this thread should be pinned, as there is no pinned thread for the plethora of professions changes, all of which are rather large.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    we get new pants and shirt .. seen some green pants and shirt.. so at acertain hour we might get to do the purple ones..
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    the power creep is real! moar reinforce kits omg
  • raptoahraptoah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On the Quest you get a green shirt. It is way better than the old crappy once.

I guess there will be some blue and purple too.
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nah, that's not as important, I'd actually rather not, I want the power creep to remain minimal. And that's not even profession related, which is the focus of this thread.

Maybe this thread should be pinned, as there is no pinned thread for the plethora of professions changes, all of which are rather large.

I agree on the pin ;)

Some other questions and thoughts rattling around my head are:

1. I'm interested in knowing if there are new items in leadership as well. Maybe even a 2k AD task or higher (would help if the refinement cap were lifted but that is another thread), and something worth more than MoG, maybe Marks of Heroism that come with AD....
    Maybe something a bit more useful than AD, something used in game/combat. My suggestion is a valorous type item that grants Defense or Critical Strike when in Dungeons or Skirmishes, or whenever in a party, to the whole group. The reason I say only in group play settings, is that the Leadership profession should grant those that play in a group "leadership" style rewards. It doesn't exclude those that play PvE, it just promotes team play when doing it, which is what I thought Mod6 was driving for.

2. Also, new tasks are going to require new raw materials. With as much raw materials as I have I was hoping for a revamp of the professions in that we could upgrade, through Alchemy, our raw materials to better quality. I.e 15 Barusk wood for 5 Phandar, similar to the way Alchemy already does Arcane Crystals and Shards.

3. Will there be a higher raw material than the Dragon Egg? Maybe some "Elemental" stone or Rune? Higher levels should either require multiple copies of assets and/or resources (like level 19 tasks that require 2 level 3 craftsmen) or harder to come by items. Although, an item harder to come by than the Dragon Egg....

4. What profession will Paladin benefit from? The DC comes from Mailsmithing, which is overloaded already with GWF, but the Paladin would benefit from such gear.

I'm sure I will think of others and feel free to chime in and/or add to the list.

=RV=
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited January 2015

4. What profession will Paladin benefit from? The DC comes from Mailsmithing, which is overloaded already with GWF, but the Paladin would benefit from such gear.

I would expect paladins to use Platesmithing.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015

If they don't I'd honestly be upset, as it wouldn't be a paladin at that point.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015

its leatherworking bro, check it in preview
  • lawu79lawu79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just wanna share my screenies from last night, I saw someone asked for it.

10496989_1041704742513677_3690010510751150696_o.jpg

10954542_1041704405847044_7637562372978210710_n.jpg?oh=806afeeb70d09cbb2ad636a854ba67d8&oe=5555E9CD&__gda__=1428614557_7d3d90be689ace303f36e35e50f1a51c
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For Leatherworking, Trousers n Pants:

2dhv2g3.jpg
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.