test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I don't get it.

raptoahraptoah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
I don't really get it.

So there is the new map on wich we can lvl up to lvl 70.

But the green gear is already better than everything i got untill now.

Will all the lvl 60 stuff be useless after the module?
Tons of money spent for nothing at all or will they make the lvl 60 stuff to lvl 70 stuff?

Does anyone know when this will be on the real server?
Post edited by raptoah on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raptoah wrote: »
    Will all the lvl 60 stuff be useless after the module?

Hopefully.
  • Options
    doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not to mention the lifesteal change which makes no sense and will make many of the classes who rely on it to survive, alot harder to survive with.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Just what about this green gear that makes it so much better than current gear?
    The stats are all equal (approximately) to epic arti-equipment if my memory serves. Weapon damage is high etc etc. And that's just the new green gear that I was handed right away in the first quest from Knox. The nice thing is that this resets things and gives us new gear to hopefully farm, which we haven't had since beta.
    Not to mention the lifesteal change which makes no sense and will make many of the classes who rely on it to survive, alot harder to survive with.

Umm that is the point. The point is to make it harder to survive.
  • Options
    doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can. In fact, most of the artifact equitment, and -all- equitment, will be automatically invalidated once the new mod starts.
  • Options
    raptoahraptoah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So there is no need to spend more money on artifact equip. Most stuff you can farm right now won't be worth anything after the update so i guess saving money would be the smartest thing to do right now.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can. In fact, most of the artifact equitment, and -all- equitment, will be automatically invalidated once the new mod starts.

Highly doubtful, since the arti equipment is getting a 20 level boost.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?833991-Artifact-Equipment&p=9985761&viewfull=1#post9985761
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is it getting a 20 level boost, or the cap raised 20 levels. There's a difference there. One costs us a billion more RP, the other doesnt.
  • Options
    geekheinzgeekheinz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm good at guessing. And I guess neverembers cowl and the other equipment the first npc in the new zone gives away are just there to give new players a chance to test the content and give feedback on it. These items will probably not drop on the live server. (BTW, does neverember wear some kind of helmet or hat?)
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Still keeping my original stat belts that raise my crit proc chance by a flat 1% per stat point. Crit proc makes them worth it alone. Very gald for this actually, wont have to grind my 14 toons new gears the silly way.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Level 60 green gear is trash, level 61 green gear is 5 times better. Doesn't make much sense no mater how you look at it.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yah that is just wrong. Greens and blues should not be introduced where its stats exceed rare and hard to get (current) epic sets.
    To me thats just slap in the face. What was the point of all of it in the 1st place?

tnx

This is very common with MMO's. You play the game for a year or two, they put in a new expansion which wipes everything clean. Your old BiS is no longer BiS and you grind for the new level cap and BiS set. Rinse and repeat. That is how MMO's keep players playing, and the thing is that players keep coming back.

NWO is easy compared to raiding with a dedicated team for multiple hours times a few days a week. Imagine spending that kind of time over the course of months, still get gated behind RNG and then throwing your gear away when the next expansion comes out. At least here, you get to play on your own time and fit in what you want to do.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There seems to be quite a bit of confusion on this,both in game and on the forum.Here's something important from the patch notes:
    Known Issues
    Most level 60 Epic Equipment has been updated to have its correct item level. Some of these items however, are still at Item Level 60.
    Combat: Artifact equipment will be increased in power to start at Item Level 90 before this module goes live.

So...Current epic gear has been updated.Some are now higher level items and as a result,got a stat boost.Others are still level 60.
    As for artifact gear,the reason why green gear from the new zone outperforms them,is because they have not been updated yet.Artifact gear will be boosted to level 90,up from level 60,so their stats will be far more powerful.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    This is very common with MMO's. You play the game for a year or two, they put in a new expansion which wipes everything clean. Your old BiS is no longer BiS and you grind for the new level cap and BiS set. Rinse and repeat. That is how MMO's keep players playing, and the thing is that players keep coming back.
    Yeah, the new END GAME gear is better than the old one. The welfatre gear you get from normal mob drops isn't, and shouldn't be.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, the new END GAME gear is better than the old one. The welfatre gear you get from normal mob drops isn't, and shouldn't be.

It's because the curve is changing. You normally wouldn't wear epic 60 gear all the way to 70. You also have to remember that a lot of that gear are for people that are behind and need to catch up. The green and blue gear are slightly better than current sets, but there are no set bonuses nor weapon and body enchant slots. Eventually the game will push you out of the 60 gear, whether you like it or not.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »

NWO is easy compared to raiding with a dedicated team for multiple hours times a few days a week. Imagine spending that kind of time over the course of months, still get gated behind RNG and then throwing your gear away when the next expansion comes out. At least here, you get to play on your own time and fit in what you want to do.

The bad thing is that they aren't doing this and are planning on keeping arti equip bis. It's sad that they caved on good design to the rage of wallet warriors.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully?

Why should a new green sword have far more damage than my legendary artifact sword? What's the logic in that? It's a **** green weapon. I worked my *** off to level my artifact til golden only to have actual green weapons better than mine?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Hopefully?

Why should a new green sword have far more damage than my legendary artifact sword? What's the logic in that? It's a **** green weapon. I worked my *** off to level my artifact til golden only to have actual green weapons better than mine?

Because level increases are used to wipe powercreep and put everyone to square 1. If you don't put absolutely everyone back to square one, there is no point to a level cap increase. Thus this module has already failed in it's goals now.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    The bad thing is that they aren't doing this and are planning on keeping arti equip bis. It's sad that they caved on good design to the rage of wallet warriors.

They better not cave in and just rehash T2 gear at 70. That would be the death of this game. It took them long enough to possibly push players out of T2 just to have it go full circle. They would be shooting themselves in the foot that they wouldn't have one left.

werewolf.jpg