test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help me with stats allocation and at-wills

slack83erslack83er Member Posts: 97 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Hi all.

I decided to open this new post as in the old one, things were getting confused. So... I want to roll a Half orc STR/DEX rogue, and it will probably go Scoundrel. What would the best starting stats be? And since I'll be playing it mostly solo until 60 (or 70...hehe) which at-wills will grant me a reasonable output without making me die at every encounter? Thanks for your help guys!
Post edited by slack83er on

Comments

• ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    slack83er wrote: »
    Hi all.

I decided to open this new post as in the old one, things were getting confused. So... I want to roll a Half orc STR/DEX rogue, and it will probably go Scoundrel. What would the best starting stats be? And since I'll be playing it mostly solo until 60 (or 70...hehe) which at-wills will grant me a reasonable output without making me die at every encounter? Thanks for your help guys!

hmm what i would do is just use sly flourish/cloud of steel for leveling, then slot duellsit flurry when you reach the level insted of cloud of steel for the harder mobs/bosses to kill them faster.
  • slack83erslack83er Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's what I thought ibench, but I really HATE those 2 knife stabs that start the flurry when playing solo... they're SOOO slow!!! If I'm playing solo I'm hacked to death in seconds...:(
    edited January 2015
    i guess you should just use sly flourish then for leveling, duellist flurry does take a long windup time but it has a bleed effect and does more damage overall in a longer fight then vs using sly flourish so it would be better suited to like bosses or mobs with high hp/defence
    edited January 2015
    Ok, that's what I will do! Can you also recommend the stats? I see you're quite into TR..:)
    edited January 2015
    build power up high as well as crit chance and keep armor pen and recovery at good levels. Just get alot of your main stats on your armor which will be power, crit, defence, some armor pen and some recovery. For rings/neck/waist see what stats you need more of and buy those ones. Also make sure to try to get 3 artifacts slotted and refine those up because those will add alot of stats. After you have all your equipment slot whatever stats you need more of like power into your offence slots and w/e defence stats you need like defence or lifesteal into your defence slots.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Scoundrels are more about application of powers/method of fighting, than stats or builds. Compared to Sabos and Execs, IMO Scoundrels are the most action-packed with a lot of different combos and attack sequences to discover since all of those have different implications. Depending on how many enemies are positioned in what manner, every single attack sequence differs.

In your case, since Scoundrels receive Concussive Strikes, Low Blows, and another Skull Cracker only later on in the game, initially the first and most basic form of habit that you should form for PvE is the habit of using Dazing Strike properly as a wide-arc AoE from stealth.

This can be used straight up from the beginning of the game after you receive stealth, since DS is a starter power for TRs.
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for OT... what happens if I go Exec? Would I be more Stealth dependant?
    edited January 2015
    slack83er wrote: »
    Sorry for OT... what happens if I go Exec? Would I be more Stealth dependant?

executioner is imo best for dealing lots of damage since you get alot of damage boosting feats, especially in stealth. Plus the capstone does a lot of damage. You don't get as much stealth as you would if you went with sabeteur but you trade it for lots of damage so this path is good for PvE.
    edited January 2015
    OOOK... so.. you think Exec would be better than Scound if I get it right...:)
    Now...are anyone of you able to get me a build?? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE..except Mantisa's one... but I don't really like it... Then again... what would your starting STR/DEX/CHA values? and how to allocate points while leveling? Always STR/DEX?
    edited January 2015
    I think in general str and dex is best for PvE becasue you get alot of crit chance and damage bonus.
    edited January 2015
    If I understand it right, Crit is more important if you're not that stealth dependant... so I must raise it to about 3k? 4k? Still noone's got a build?? :(