test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trapper PVP Build

bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Wilds
Is there any PVP build for trapper available yet?
Talking more about ability rolls/power/feats then gear.
If yes, may someone share it? I'm trying to take a look around but I can't find it.
If yes, could you share it with nwcalc.com?

Thaaaaaaaank you! :D
» Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
Post edited by bakaslam on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Really anyone? :\
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lol @ specing for AP gain for pvp trapper

You want pathfinder and rayrdan's build.
  • Options
    pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=oa5:22spww:1by9f4,13n0iii:100000:100000:1uu5zv&h=0&p=pfr
    At-wills: I am using Rapid shot (sometimes aimed shot) and Hunters teamwork
    Enc. powers:Binding arrow(strong grasping roots and a bit of heal!!),Hindering shot (again a lot of roots),Constricting arrow(more roots)
    Dailies:Disruptive arrow(best stun power),Forest ghost (kill nubies cws)
    Features:Aspect of the lone wolf ( a lot of deflection),Aspect of the serpent (dmg)
    With this build mostly on every run i done 20+ kill when i was 16k and 0-9 deaths.
    I am playing with G.vorpal or g.plague and still don't know which one is better xD
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh, I didn't see this, thank you all!
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pauliusxas wrote: »
    http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=oa5:22spww:1by9f4,13n0iii:100000:100000:1uu5zv&h=0&p=pfr
    At-wills: I am using Rapid shot (sometimes aimed shot) and Hunters teamwork
    Enc. powers:Binding arrow(strong grasping roots and a bit of heal!!),Hindering shot (again a lot of roots),Constricting arrow(more roots)
    Dailies:Disruptive arrow(best stun power),Forest ghost (kill nubies cws)
    Features:Aspect of the lone wolf ( a lot of deflection),Aspect of the serpent (dmg)
    With this build mostly on every run i done 20+ kill when i was 16k and 0-9 deaths.
    I am playing with G.vorpal or g.plague and still don't know which one is better xD

Disruptive is a daze, not a stun.
    I think, for trapper with serpent feature, vorpal is superior.

But I would slot Fox cunning. Its essential and makes the difference between win and defeat. I would give up binding arrow for it. The heal is crappy low.

Otherwise, good choices.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    At the moment I am using:

At-a-wills:
    Rapid Shot/Rapid Strike
    Hunters TeamWork/Careful Attack

Encounters:
    Hindering Shot/Hindering Strike
    Constricting Arrow/Steel Breeze
    Marauders Escape/Marauders Rush

Daily:
    Disruptive Shot
    Seismic Shot

Class Features:
    Aspect of the Lone Wolf
    Aspect of the Serpent

All the encounters focus on damage+roots.. They are all AoE, which turns out great when in the crowd.
    The combination of Disruptive Shot + Marauders Escape saved me plenty of time, especially when you have low HP and someone is chasing you.
    Seismic Shot is just perfect when there are many people fighting on the same point, makes lots of kills!

My rotation is usually:

Marauders Rush + Hindering strike + Steel Breeze + (Careful Attack - It depends on the situation, I end up not using it as much as I would) Marauders Escape + Hindering shot + Constricting Arrow + Hunters Teamwork

In this way I have not the best survivability, but I make lots of kills!
    This build works very well either in PVP and PVE, even if when in a PVE party it's probably the best to substitute Seismic Shot with some other Daily (in that case Forest Meditation is my choice).
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Disruptive is a daze, not a stun.
    I think, for trapper with serpent feature, vorpal is superior.

But I would slot Fox cunning. Its essential and makes the difference between win and defeat. I would give up binding arrow for it. The heal is crappy low.

Otherwise, good choices.

Thas basically one of my 2 rotations i use : hindering, constricting and fox

the other is marauders, hindering, fox. (i play this one more)

Lots of mobility with so fast marauders cooldowns, to go in huge burst combo and marauders out... a fast fox cunning and hindering shot and ur ready to rush in again before even the roots are over.

as for the class features i like to use pathfinder action with that setup instead of serpent, a big boost to deflect chance for playing so in the face. specially considering u get to disruptive shot so often with all the ap master trapper gives.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ximae wrote: »
    as for the class features i like to use pathfinder action with that setup instead of serpent, a big boost to deflect chance for playing so in the face. specially considering u get to disruptive shot so often with all the ap master trapper gives.

I don't know.. Trapper is based on switching stanches, so I believe that Aspect of the Serpent is the right choice.
    Regarding Pathfinder Action, I'd see it better with a Combat build, since every time you deflect you gain HP.
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    edited January 2015
    bakaslam wrote: »
    I don't know.. Trapper is based on switching stanches, so I believe that Aspect of the Serpent is the right choice.
    Regarding Pathfinder Action, I'd see it better with a Combat build, since every time you deflect you gain HP.

Both are correct choices imho, I use both depending on what i want. if u want to go tankier pathfinder action if i want more damage serpent.

thing is that playing marauders with melee nukes tends to get me hit more and it is already very bursty through the encounters themselves, so getting almost 20% deflect chance is pretty big for surviving when u get caught.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hindering, marauders, constricting. Aoftlw, serpents. Rapid and aimed. Siesmic and something I hardly ever use.

All points in trapper.

Rotation. Constrict and hinder from range. MR in, spin twice, ME out. Hinder again, constrict and rapid. Siesmic if it's up and someone is rooted or running straight at you.

Basically survival this mod is based on zooming around like a maniac, and letting roots kill people for you.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Saying Fox is better than constricting or binding ?? Yeah, sure. If u are with good build + using vorpal u can kill players just with ranged attacks and not just vs 1 , but vs 2-3 also. You are asking how ? Binding arrow is not for his meele heal, but for his incredible roots+1 player behind him and constricting arrow have same roots as binding + it can root all players around target = all players rooted,can't move(unless gwf) and dealing insane dmg with thorned roots.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ^^ fox brings some utility (specially defensively) compared to just more dmg + roots, so it depends abit on how you want to play.

Contricting or binding = another ranged nuke with more inmobilize (which doesnt stack just restarts)

fox = constant free dodges + shifts inmunity frames + another way to hit stealthed TRs.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Saying Fox is better than constricting or binding ?? Yeah, sure. If u are with good build + using vorpal u can kill players just with ranged attacks and not just vs 1 , but vs 2-3 also. You are asking how ? Binding arrow is not for his meele heal, but for his incredible roots+1 player behind him and constricting arrow have same roots as binding + it can root all players around target = all players rooted,can't move(unless gwf) and dealing insane dmg with thorned roots.

Fox is better against high gear team especially cws and sws that will nuke you to death first cc that hits.

If you pug and face a mediocre team it dont matter really which you use as you kill weather your in melee or at range.

Hindering dubble shift constict shift fox and then hindering strike is a shi*tload of dam in aoe + when you charge in your cc immune for a short time.

Against a good team you are simple not allowed to stand from range and nuke and once in melee with the fox just allows you to avoid getting cced and targeted better imho.