test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Half-orc MI FOR/DEX non stealth-dependant rogue

slack83erslack83er Member Posts: 97 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Hello adventurers!

I'm new to the whole rogue thing, so I'm in dire need of your advices. I would like to roll me a rogue for PVE, based on following criteria:

Race: Half Orc.
Paragon path: MI
Main Stats: STR/DEX
Absolutely NON permastealth nor stealth-dependant (though I want to use it just to improve damage output via auto-crit)
Highest possible DPS
Not so squishy, I don't wanna be a glass-cannon
Supposedly Exec, but maybe Sab?

If anyone knows a MOD5 build and can link me to it, I would be sooooo grateful!

Thanks for helping me out. :)
Post edited by slack83er on

Comments

• boneshroudboneshroud Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Both executioner and sab paths are heavily reliant on stealth for their damage perks - exe for shadow demise and sab for shadowy opportunity. Both weigh heavily on the need to re-enter stealth as well, as saboteur (THE rogue stealth path) gets added damage while in stealth and executioner can double their power when entering for massive alpha strikes. Also, their capstones both support these two roles by directly restoring stealth (regen with exe and refill with sab).

What you are looking for is the scoundrel - possibly the closest thing this game has to a monk at the moment. Scoundrels don't care about picking pockets, disarming traps or tip toeing around to land a sucker punch - they just step in and own face. It's a path that kind of goes against what a rogue seems to follow in other MMO's, but it's fun as hell. Their capstone is a 4 second daze that is activated on encounters (even AEs like blitz), and can be extended to 6 seconds + the scoundrel does extra damage to these opponents (not sure if control boons and active control pet bonuses extend this or not...). They can also daze with crit strikes and have some decent bonus deflect. Mod 6 is adding even more perks to this brawler class as well...

I don't have a build, just messed with it a bit on preview, playstyle is intense - walk up to mobs, blitz for capstone AE stun, toggle stealth + path of the blade to sped up damage pulses, goto town. Smoke bomb for more dazing/AE damage. Get your crits to @ 40%, you won't miss autocritting too much as PotB is a decent damage aura (and stealth for autocrit only lasts a few hits anyhow without depending on gloaming or a refill mechanism).

Give it a go, I think you'll enjoy it.
  • slack83erslack83er Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hail boneshroud, and thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize at first that scoundrel was as you depicted it... And I'll tell you why: my girlfriend, with whom I play everyday, has got the scoundrel path, but either she is not properly specced, or she is really weak equip-wise. I'm telling you this, because her GS right now is 13,5k-ish, but she dies A LOT and doesn't do a big damage... This is the reason why I really need a build: I'd like to confront it with hers (who doesn't like it and will respec to permastealth asap) and see if it's the right one for me. Oh and since I'm new to rogues... what is the priority in stats? Shall I go power - crit - arpen ? or something else? Shall I dodge or have defense? Sorry for all my doubts, but I've played DC so far, and I really CAN'T die..:)
  • boneshroudboneshroud Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If scoundrel path I'd prioritize crit (as you will need it out of stealth, again 40% shouldn't be too tough to come by with high dex and moderate gear), arpen @ 2k, then focus on deflect (the peanut butter of the build, rogues get 75% deflect which translates into 25% damage taken - can get 30% pretty easy and push to 50-60%, or just slot ItC) + lifesteal (the jelly, go for endless consumption and PotB will act as a massive regen buff when enough enemies are around). Get fey thistle for some feedback damage goodness on the deflects. Some defense, then as much power and recovery as you can spare.

My rogue is only at 15k GS and 26k hps, scoundrel was pretty resilient with the above specs (mine were at 52% deflect, 46% crit, 1900 arpen, 5k power on a drow), there are times you will need mobility to reset when surrounded by hordes of mobs but that's just the way a rogue functions.

No clue how it performs pvp or top tiered dungeons, only messed with it for around 4 hours but it was at least as safe as permastealth and just about as damaging as I required to just shred through mobs with blitz/PatB/SB. Again, it's a different playstyle but seems to be the one path that fits your requirement the most.
    edited January 2015
    Wow...seems nice! I also read somewhere in this forum that scoundrels get a 25% bonus to speed.. That's icing on the cake! Now... If someone got a build that I can refer to.... In the meantime.. Which at-wills are you using? I find DF quite slow to kill mobs... Maybe sly flourish would be better? DF can maybe be used in boss fights... Right? Do you ever use CoS at all?
    edited January 2015
    Oh and just to get it started... anyone knows good starting stats I can use with my orc?
This discussion has been closed.