test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help from an experienced Hunter Ranger please!

soldeadeyesoldeadeye Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28
edited January 2015 in The Wilds
I'm level 60 and haven't played in a LONG time. I'm needing help setting up my Trait tree. This is how my Powers tree currently looks http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=p8f:1zy6yo:16b074,1000000:100000:100000:100000&h=0&p=swd. I have Master Predator Armor, Grand Warden Armor and Royal Guard Armor. My weapons i use are Fallen Dragon Longbow/Fallen Dragon Blades or Bow of Dread Legion/Blade of Dread Legion. So i'm trying to build around those. I'm not sure how much the game has changed since I've played so i guess i'm looking for some current trait builds that will go with what i have. Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Your weapons became obsolete, we have the "joy" of artifacts weapons now. You get your bow from ToD campaign and the blades from fighting Tiamat "raid".
    Your armor sets are still decent but you have more options now and i wouldn't suggest selecting your feats to compliment your gear but the opposite. Select the best feats according to your playstyle and then pick your gear.
    Also there are tons of new artifacts and artifact equipment (belts and cloaks, besides weapon), you'll need to consider getting.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Right now Trapper is probably the best build. Trapper is also a lot of fun if you remember the neverending storm of encouters we used to get from the Concentrating/ Prime-Critical synergy on the old feat tree.There are several threads about it in the wilds. I would hold off on upgrading weapons for one major reason. They just anounced that they are adding 10 more levels. Until we know what L70 gear looks like there is no gaurantee that artifacts will remain BiS and they cost millions to get upgraded. If you absolutely cannot wait I'd say just take them to Epic until L70 gear shows up on preview to compare, that will cost enough without blowing AD that would be better spent next mod. Level Jewlcrafting as Personalized are currently BiS for many builds.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    Your weapons became obsolete, we have the "joy" of artifacts weapons now. You get your bow from ToD campaign and the blades from fighting Tiamat "raid".
    Your armor sets are still decent but you have more options now and i wouldn't suggest selecting your feats to compliment your gear but the opposite. Select the best feats according to your playstyle and then pick your gear.
    Also there are tons of new artifacts and artifact equipment (belts and cloaks, besides weapon), you'll need to consider getting.

Well with my gear that i have cause i don't have anymore weapons i can go with, what do you recommend i start doing? Like i said i haven't played in forever. Check the Feats here http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13n30ii:150000:1u0000:15u0z1&h=0&p=swd and tell me what you think. I took querys advice and went with full trapper and tailored it to how i play. Seem okay to you? I can tweak it if needed.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    Right now Trapper is probably the best build. Trapper is also a lot of fun if you remember the neverending storm of encouters we used to get from the Concentrating/ Prime-Critical synergy on the old feat tree.There are several threads about it in the wilds. I would hold off on upgrading weapons for one major reason. They just anounced that they are adding 10 more levels. Until we know what L70 gear looks like there is no gaurantee that artifacts will remain BiS and they cost millions to get upgraded. If you absolutely cannot wait I'd say just take them to Epic until L70 gear shows up on preview to compare, that will cost enough without blowing AD that would be better spent next mod. Level Jewlcrafting as Personalized are currently BiS for many builds.

Okay, thanks for that. I will probably wait to see what's going to happen with the Level 70 stuff.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unless they nerf Trapper to death (Ok looking at PWE's history with HR builds that work this is likely) The path choice is legitimate. Investing in the gear (tuning every new mod into a power race) is still a bad idea until we have further information. Just saying in the mean time building a tab-spamming whirlwind of death made the class fun again for me....
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    Unless they nerf Trapper to death (Ok looking at PWE's history with HR builds that work this is likely) The path choice is legitimate. Investing in the gear (tuning every new mod into a power race) is still a bad idea until we have further information. Just saying in the mean time building a tab-spamming whirlwind of death made the class fun again for me....

So what are you saying i should do? Just make hybrid between arch and melee until i know more about new gear? Then once level 70 here make a trapper build?
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Life steal has been completely nerfed in the new mod. Notes are up on the preview shard section. I am afraid to see what will happen to the combat HR, I have not been able to log on yet to preview. I currently play combat PvE only and it was a blast. You could tank and spank everything.

Might have to start looking into trapper. It feels like cryptic is almost pushing all HR's into that route.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Life steal has been completely nerfed in the new mod. Notes are up on the preview shard section. I am afraid to see what will happen to the combat HR, I have not been able to log on yet to preview. I currently play combat PvE only and it was a blast. You could tank and spank everything.

Might have to start looking into trapper. It feels like cryptic is almost pushing all HR's into that route.

Yeah I don't PvP at all. Will I have to do a Powers reset or should i be OK if I tweak my feats just right? Not really getting a straight answer from anyone lol.
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    soldeadeye wrote: »
    Well with my gear that i have cause i don't have anymore weapons i can go with, what do you recommend i start doing? Like i said i haven't played in forever. Check the Feats here http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13n30ii:150000:1u0000:15u0z1&h=0&p=swd and tell me what you think. I took querys advice and went with full trapper and tailored it to how i play. Seem okay to you? I can tweak it if needed.
    I'd recommend starting ToD campaign to get your artifact bow. And fighting Tiamat for the blades (I assume you already are over 10K GS and can go there now).
    If you're afraid that mod 6 will bring something better, you can just get them but not refine them yet.
    I'm not trapper so I'm not sure about the feats.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    soldeadeye wrote: »
    Yeah I don't PvP at all. Will I have to do a Powers reset or should i be OK if I tweak my feats just right? Not really getting a straight answer from anyone lol.

If you play this game enough, you do not need to reset your powers. As it is right now, every time you gain a "level up", it is possible for you to gain a power point. It is not guaranteed but you can gain enough power points to completely fill your powers. I don't know how this will work with the new level cap but it's still a few months away.

Really depends on what build you want and if you want instant satisfaction. When I changed my feats from archery to combat, I didn't have all the most optimal class features unlocked and I dealt with it. Now I have everything unlocked.

Honestly, I would not make a hybrid. Pick a tree that makes you happy and make your build around it. If anything, you might be able to get 5/10 feats into another tree after you picked the best of each tree (with capstone).

I prefer combat, I find it fast and furious, especially with the royal guard set. You are constantly rotating through melee and ranged attacks (similar to trapper but no CC but insane survivability.) I personally moved on to the corrupted black ice set, so the cooldown reduction is no longer there. While I still stance dance, it's no where near it was with the RG set. I have not played trapper yet but that seems to be the go to build now and feels like the build that Cryptic is pushing everyone to play.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg