test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Valindra got a powerup?!

geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Fellas,

Today I decided to run VT for a change. I haven't run it like 20 days and I was shocked. VT was too easy for me (I'm 19.5K TR btw) But she is doing tons of damage... She wasn't this strong. Was there a change I know not about? And another thing. The minions she spawns weren't able to see me stealthed now they chase me regardless i use stealth or not. What the hell happened to this dungeon?!
Post edited by geministrike on

Comments

• Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    don't know about the minions but for the damage i can tell you that sometimes for some reason she will deal double or more her normal damage for the entire run. for example she will hit you with her aoe for not less than 5k per tick and her choke is basically a 1 shot for a squishy. this happens like 1 every 15 runs based on my exp
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    valencay wrote: »
    don't know about the minions but for the damage i can tell you that sometimes for some reason she will deal double or more her normal damage for the entire run. for example she will hit you with her aoe for not less than 5k per tick and her choke is basically a 1 shot for a squishy. this happens like 1 every 15 runs based on my exp

get a GF with KV on and she can just choke you for 1 min before u die add a DC and u can be choke there for hours. sometimes 5 dps full nukers its not the best option, but that just me that play as GF and my friends with 13-14k GS do it easy.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    valencay wrote: »

I thought it was just me imagining that, I guess it wasn't. This has been my experience also, sometimes she is inexplicably much tougher and deadlier (as are the unhallowed wights).
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    itstheyokitstheyok Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    she could do with a buff anyway....no one uses the clockface method anymore, or destroys and caskets...its just a nuke
  • Options
    actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    Hey Fellas,

Today I decided to run VT for a change. I haven't run it like 20 days and I was shocked. VT was too easy for me (I'm 19.5K TR btw) But she is doing tons of damage... She wasn't this strong. Was there a change I know not about? And another thing. The minions she spawns weren't able to see me stealthed now they chase me regardless i use stealth or not. What the hell happened to this dungeon?!

Yeah, it's a bug. I started playing this game 2 months ago, and I already ran this dungeon 30 times.

Something like that seem to happen when your party wipes in a bad timing. Her beam attack will deal double and triple damage. Maybe it just stacks on top of each other... not sure, but it's clearly there. Also, monsters spawn as soon as you enter into her zone. I know it could be really nasty without decent group with healer or tanker (in that kind of situation), but it will reset again on your 2nd wipe. And it happens so rarely that, I usually don't bother.

So yeah... it's just a bug -.-;
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    She wasn't this strong.

Maybe this time you had no GF in the DP. Or no DC.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    (I'm 19.5K TR btw)

Now that would be a sensible feature. TR? Doubled damage for you.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you're having a GF with KV, make sure he has very good gear, or he'll get murdered by the damage from magic missiles, as they deal damage instantly before the graphical effect even plays (which is a sign of high quality design).
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Long time ago (1+ year) I noticed, that sometimes dungeon mechanics doesn't work as usual. I always though some dev is playing with stats to see what happens, but it might be just a "lucky instance number" bug or something else. It doesn't happen often enough so it is hard to say for sure what is common in these runs, but it is quite obvious when it happens.
    So far I saw this in GG dungeons, VT, ELOL, Tiamat, and sometimes in CTAs
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    About minions chasing you - They won't chase you if you don't run. E.g. when they spawn, just stay in once place and move just enough to avoid red zones. But of they start chasing you, then you have to run until they disappear.