test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shores of Tuern Skirmish Question

radix4257radix4257 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 190 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm running this many times a day to get the Haarl's book on Dragonkind for the 4th Dragon Boon. My question is: does the Book drop from the chest on the left of the exit portal or the chest on the right? Also is there a key somewhere I need for the chest on the right. I cannot remember if I opened it the first time I went through or not.

Thanks in Advance.
Post edited by radix4257 on

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    radix4257 wrote: »
    I'm running this many times a day to get the Haarl's book on Dragonkind for the 4th Dragon Boon. My question is: does the Book drop from the chest on the left of the exit portal or the chest on the right? Also is there a key somewhere I need for the chest on the right. I cannot remember if I opened it the first time I went through or not.

Thanks in Advance.

It can drop from either, or from the boss (I think, though I've never seen this happen). You do need a key for the chest on the right, you can either make one from the campaign window (there's some task that results in a key for SoT, there's another one for a key to LoL) or you can buy one from the zen store (that will unlock either).

If you peek in the chest and don't like what's in it, you don't HAVE to take it. You can look in the chest with the key, and if it's not the book, just hit "decline" and you keep your key but get no loot from the chest.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got my Haarls from eSoT, the box on the right (the one that requires the mystic key). It was around run 150+.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • viniciusgarantesviniciusgarantes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hello.. i have other question, is not linked to the subject, but i cant create a post now and im desperate about it .. i guess my game is bugged. To unlock Shores of Tuern task in Tyranny of Dragons Campaign, you must complete 5 times the previous task (Assist the Zentharim. "After you complete assisting the zhentarim task you are given an open the portal mission in IWD. you go to the gate in caer-konig that leads to Ice wind Pass and Dwarven Valley, and there's a new location." This words are from internet, but in my case, i already finished 5 times this task (assist the zentharim) and nothing happened, i searched whole caer konig to find out this teleport, but i cant find anything. Please someone help. I need to do shores of tuern.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hello.. i have other question, is not linked to the subject, but i cant create a post now and im desperate about it .. i guess my game is bugged. To unlock Shores of Tuern task in Tyranny of Dragons Campaign, you must complete 5 times the previous task (Assist the Zentharim. "After you complete assisting the zhentarim task you are given an open the portal mission in IWD. you go to the gate in caer-konig that leads to Ice wind Pass and Dwarven Valley, and there's a new location." This words are from internet, but in my case, i already finished 5 times this task (assist the zentharim) and nothing happened, i searched whole caer konig to find out this teleport, but i cant find anything. Please someone help. I need to do shores of tuern.

Go back to the quest givers in Protector's Enclave and they'll give you a task to open up the portal. Then when you go to the overview map, the portal will be it's own separate location.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The book does drop from boss but it's very rare and you got to be lucky enough to win the roll to get it.
  • viniciusgarantesviniciusgarantes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yeah man, thanks for the tip, but i already talked with sergeant knox in protectors enclave, but no options there, only bye.. i reallt dont know what to do. Its a bug, i finished all the requirements to unlock it and the option never came over. You know where i can get support to this issue ?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yeah man, thanks for the tip, but i already talked with sergeant knox in protectors enclave, but no options there, only bye.. i reallt dont know what to do. Its a bug, i finished all the requirements to unlock it and the option never came over. You know where i can get support to this issue ?

Hi.

Sgt Knox doesnt give you this quest.
    You have to go over to the Harper, Lord's Alliance, Zhentarim, Emerald Enclave folks on the other side.

If you are coming up the stairs form the market area, stay to your left. you'll see a little "bar" type area. there will be 3 NPCs standing in front, one standing behind the bar, and then one sitting on a crate just past them.

You want to talk to Harper Broward (?sp).. she will have the quest for the portal.

then when you go to a gate and exit Protector's Enclave, there will a new location up by where IWD is located.

Then when you have finished that.. to do the skirmish.. just like any of the other ones, you hit your k key and look for Shores of Turem.

Once you get a GS of 13k you will also see the epic version :)

Hope this helps.

Good luck and have fun :)