test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is the future of this game?

overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Based on how the past few months have gone, the total neglect this game has gone through, broken pvp, old stale dated easy pve, shallow unchallenging new "end game" content that is incredibly buggy and broken, list after list of exploits that are never fixed and last but not least the release of this mess to a console version to ensure that the total neglect of the pc version will only continue and worsen...really what is the future of this game?

No news of anything new and exciting. We hear that there are "big things" coming in mod six but that is just bs unless we get specifics. Some assurance that many of the dozens and dozens of things the player base has been demanding for a long time would show that "big things" actually mean something. Instead, I am sure, we will get more power creep, refining will be taken to a whole new level, we will probably get more broken end game content, but what we won't get is any reasons for established players to stick around.

It is a shame but it is painfully obvious when a company has abandoned a product. This game has been abandoned by the company that made it. There is not even any acknowledgment of what is wrong with this game nor any stated intent to fix it. What is scary about that is that the lack of such acknowledgment only proves that the game has been abandoned. Sucks but I guess all things eventually come to an end.
Post edited by overdriver13 on

Comments

• ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This last mod has been the reason why A LOT of people I know have left the game. We still have to wait for any release info and as we wait, more players will keep leaving since there's almost nothing else to do online. Moderators will probable erase my comment but as players, the feeling that me and a considerable amount of people I've talked to have is that the game is dying. It isn't hard to tell.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • robotpolisrobotpolis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Too bad. I also think the game is dying. I used to like this game so much and so heartbroken with the current state of the game.
  • g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't know about the game, but the future on this forum appears to be endless whining from players who do not know what the word "constructive" means. Maybe PWE isn't investing as much money in the game as you would like... so make the case that they should invest more. And you're upset about the console version? They're trying to reach a larger audience, and that's... bad?

Actually, I do know about the future of the game. See the AMA from HeyRogers or the thread about it somewhere in this forum. A new module and a new class are in the works.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    maybe well get something when staff isnt busy with that console bs, but yeah i just log in for professions, nothing left to do in PvE, and pvp is broken pile of p__p
    Paladin Master Race
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the game is still enjoyable im even getting used to this refining madness but it lacks pvp content, some pvp balance, and farmable pve content.
    they need to stop to release broken mod just for the sake of releasing them.
    some more communication would be appreciated too.
    im not logging that much since there is nothing to do.

pvp is not enjoyable, bugs are still there. kicking is still possible.
    pve brings nothing.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    the game is still enjoyable im even getting used to this refining madness but it lacks pvp content, some pvp balance, and farmable pve content.
    they need to stop to release broken mod just for the sake of releasing them.
    some more communication would be appreciated too.
    im not logging that much since there is nothing to do.

pvp is not enjoyable, bugs are still there. kicking is still possible.
    pve brings nothing.

you say the game is enjoyable then your last 2 sentences contradict that :P
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sad is its not all about dont invest into content. its releasing misery content. open pvp that nobody wants or play, leaderboard table is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, module 5 is only tiamat, which is bugy, broken and easy. so many bad decisions
    edited January 2015
    you say the game is enjoyable then your last 2 sentences contradict that :P

because i know it can be enjoyable again, pve always gets boring after a while. they should invest more in that aspect of the game that cant get old: pvp, foundry, foundry pvp.
    while making people happy with some bug fixing.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The game is what you make it. My partner and I still play religiously, having fun exploring, laying the beatdown on bad guys..

But, on the other hand, we do have a life outside of Neverwinter... and, for all intents and purposes, it's free, so what's not to like?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The game is what you make it. My partner and I still play religiously, having fun exploring, laying the beatdown on bad guys..

But, on the other hand, we do have a life outside of Neverwinter... and, for all intents and purposes, it's free, so what's not to like?

sometimes i wish to be only pve type
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think they given up on this game. They work really hard and they are still releasing new stuff like they always did.

The problem is that they are doing it all wrong and they make really bad decisions. They have no idea what the players wants and the stuff they actually release is crippled with bad system-design, flaws and bugs/exploits.

Open PvP - worthless and bad
    PvP - Unbalanced, no new maps, no rewards and leaderboard is flawed
    GG - no reason to do it - rewards?! More maps?! Balance?
    Tiamat - flawed, made all dungeons worthless
    RP system - No words, just very very very BAD system-design
    foundries - no reason to do it - rewards?!

Its the hard truth and that's against the forumpolicy so I expect this to be removed.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On the other hand, I do have the feeling that they're aiming for mod6 to be a really big thing. I'm guessing it's impact will probably decide if the game continues to live or it's the fatality that finishes this project. I hope they don't make more mistakes and bring the fun back to Neverwinter.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
    edited January 2015
    well contents maybe is lacking as endgame.
    i usually never complain in other game because you can always pvp all day long.
    however here they always do something wrong which is normal but why do they make us wait for 5 months before fixing?
    there is no time to enjoy things working as intended that other mod/changes come, breaking things all over again.

for example gentlemancrush is really a good guy, his job is balance and he of course tries his best. He would probably need like 10 hours of additional work to do an awesome job. Question is: why he does not do this "sacrifice" ?
    i mean is it really hard to see that TR dazes are a bit much? piercing needs some attention? storm spell passive procs for 16k are a tad much? GWF being squishier than CW? come on its really 10 hours of additional job to make things working better.

then we have the environment guy..... that invisible man...a new pvp map maybe? i refuse to accept you worked the last 6 months basically doing nothing.
    mod 4 was a recycling of environments, mod 5 you released well of the dragons which is a ****** desert ! you coded sand?

and of course we have the marketing man, the one that probably decided to screw up the whole in game economy (t2, t1, all things bound). Was it really difficult for you to imagine that this policy would have pissed off 85% of the playerbase?
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    g0dfr3y wrote: »
    I don't know about the game, but the future on this forum appears to be endless whining from players who do not know what the word "constructive" means. Maybe PWE isn't investing as much money in the game as you would like... so make the case that they should invest more. And you're upset about the console version? They're trying to reach a larger audience, and that's... bad?

Actually, I do know about the future of the game. See the AMA from HeyRogers or the thread about it somewhere in this forum. A new module and a new class are in the works.

It is called critical analysis, not whining. A constructive response from fanbois would go a lot further than whining about people who complain on the forums about a defunct product.

For all intents and purposes it is for the company who made it to make money. Which is fine, but they have to produce a product worth paying for. When there is nothing left to explore and nothing new or exciting on the horizon, and what has already been explored is heavily exploited and extremely buggy...that means the game is dying.
    ychiaki wrote: »
    On the other hand, I do have the feeling that they're aiming for mod6 to be a really big thing. I'm guessing it's impact will probably decide if the game continues to live or it's the fatality that finishes this project. I hope they don't make more mistakes and bring the fun back to Neverwinter.

I'm not pinning my hopes on mod 6. Mod 3 was supposed to be a big pvp fix/expansion and we got iwd/useless open world pvp and totally broken leaderboards. That is really the big indication to me of what to expect when they say something big is coming. This isn't me being a sourpuss but most people who were here before mod 3 share the same disappointment.
    rayrdan wrote: »
    well contents maybe is lacking as endgame.
    i usually never complain in other game because you can always pvp all day long.
    however here they always do something wrong which is normal but why do they make us wait for 5 months before fixing?
    there is no time to enjoy things working as intended that other mod/changes come, breaking things all over again.

for example gentlemancrush is really a good guy, his job is balance and he of course tries his best. He would probably need like 10 hours of additional work to do an awesome job. Question is: why he does not do this "sacrifice" ?
    i mean is it really hard to see that TR dazes are a bit much? piercing needs some attention? storm spell passive procs for 16k are a tad much? GWF being squishier than CW? come on its really 10 hours of additional job to make things working better.

then we have the environment guy..... that invisible man...a new pvp map maybe? i refuse to accept you worked the last 6 months basically doing nothing.
    mod 4 was a recycling of environments, mod 5 you released well of the dragons which is a ****** desert ! you coded sand?

and of course we have the marketing man, the one that probably decided to screw up the whole in game economy (t2, t1, all things bound). Was it really difficult for you to imagine that this policy would have pissed off 85% of the playerbase?

None of those people decide how they are going to invest their time and instead have to work within the agenda they are given by the company. That is just how it works. And anyone who thinks that a team lead or even middle management has any control over what they or their team does really doesn't get the idea of micromanagement of having a timetable and fairly strict budgets for projects that upper management has ear marked as priorities.

Marketing, yes. This game survives because pw/cryptic invests a lot in marketing it. Notice how on many of the "top 10 mmo" lists you see neverwinter? That is paid advertising. No serious gamer would really put neverwinter in the top 10 mmos in its current state.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Its the hard truth and that's against the forumpolicy so I expect this to be removed.

The only thing against forum policy is disrespectful and unproductive comments. Critical and constructive comments are welcome. For instance instead of a general "they have no idea what they are doing" it would be better to say "I think this decision was wrong...and why," in a respectful manner.

It's not hard to do or an unreasonable request. Insulting the developers does not help them improve. Saying they do everything wrong does not help them know what you want done differently and then there is of course the fact different people want the complete opposite things so no matter what they do there will always be somebody saying they wanted the opposite done.

If you don't like what they are doing explain what you would prefer them to do and then understand that it will take time for any such changes to be made.

And by that last sentence I mean it more than likely won't be possible to be added into the very next module. Right now they more than likely have Module 6 completely planned and set in stone as far as what big features will be added. Any big changes to features you want would be considered for M7. Not next week. Not next month. Not next Module.
    It is called critical analysis, not whining. A constructive response from fanbois would go a lot further than whining about people who complain on the forums about a defunct product.

This thread is not a critical analysis. Critical analysis would be "I don't agree with *specific details* and would rather have seen...or think this would have been a better choice."

Naysaying and being negative is not critical analysis.

It would be great if you could more or less scrap your OP and make it critical analysis though.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The only thing against forum policy is disrespectful and unproductive comments. Critical and constructive comments are welcome. For instance instead of a general "they have no idea what they are doing" it would be better to say "I think this decision was wrong...and why," in a respectful manner.

It's not hard to do or an unreasonable request. Insulting the developers does not help them improve. Saying they do everything wrong does not help them know what you want done differently and then there is of course the fact different people want the complete opposite things so no matter what they do there will always be somebody saying they wanted the opposite done.

If you don't like what they are doing explain what you would prefer them to do and then understand that it will take time for any such changes to be made.

And by that last sentence I mean it more than likely won't be possible to be added into the very next module. Right now they more than likely have Module 6 completely planned and set in stone as far as what big features will be added. Any big changes to features you want would be considered for M7. Not next week. Not next month. Not next Module.

This thread is not a critical analysis. Critical analysis would be "I don't agree with *specific details* and would rather have seen...or think this would have been a better choice."

It would be great if you could more or less scrap your OP and make it critical analysis though.

I have written dozens and dozens of pages with such specifics and alternate suggestions of what I would "rather see". This isn't forum qq that you see on every game forum and which is just always there no matter how good a game is, this pretty much is the consensus of the established player base. They say it on the forums, they say it in-game. No way am I keeping it upbeat when it is really truly sad. That is the kind of marketing spin I won't do, sorry.

If I point out specific exploits, that is against forum rules. There is no point in spelling out all of the glitches, the pvp imbalance and broken matchmaking, the removal of any incentive to do dungeons, power creep, broken tiamat, shadow of demise multi pccing despite the "known issues" dev post that says it has been fixed, all of the dozens of bugs with encounters, powers, environment, gear, companions companions and on and on and on and on...I mean I could write a thousand point list. It is enough to generalize. We all know the bugs, we all know pve content is tepid at best, we all know pvp is broken...I mean, really???

It's like there a horse run over by a truck in the street a week ago with maggots all through it and theres a crowd around it and I'm like "ugh wtf that horse IS DEAD" and a fan boy and horse mod comes along and is like, "Man that is not constructive criticism AT ALL." then someone else is like, "dude its free to ride that horse so whats the problem, me and my partner have a lot of fun here" It is almost funny.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Actually it is hard. When you get disappointed over and over again and someone is ruining the game you love and spent much time/money in, its hard to not unleash everything you have on your mind against them. How can we not be angry? We are all humans.

If you stop deleting all the negative comments, maybe they will see that people are actually not liking what they released instead of thinking everyone loves it because nobody says anything else. All posts do not need to have a "critical analysis" to be helpful because angry comments do shows the devs what they need to know - that the players are not happy.

Dev: Oh the forum is filled with 90% of happy and constructive comments, they must like what we do - lets keep doing it!
    Players: Fail.

I spent much time on writing up forumposts in a good way explaining what I like and don't like and they ignore it most of the time. Even critical gamebreaking stuff gets ignored and released. TR is just the latest example.

I've been saying that we need new, harder, better and longer dungeons since they released Malabog. I saw directly that they got lazy with the dungeons. Valindra was a bit better but still short and nothing compared to CN.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • pmswithagunpmswithagun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would also like to see (unless I'm missing it) server down times posted somewhere.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Actually it is hard. When you get disappointed over and over again and someone is ruining the game you love and spent much time/money in, its hard to not unleash everything you have on your mind against them. How can we not be angry? We are all humans.

I am human and I get upset a lot at the state of various aspects of the game. I wish the game was better in many ways but I still have to remain constructive about it, especially on the forums.

I gave this advice a while back: if you are angry and upset about something write it a few time. I actually do a lot of venting with the other moderators and Akromatik before I write anything critical to send to the developers because the finished product expresses my actual complaints and reasons instead of my emotions.

It helps to cut back on the "What were you thinking?!" comments and instead focus on why it was such a bad idea.
    I would also like to see (unless I'm missing it) server down times posted somewhere.

You are. They are posting on the forums if not in the news feed and on the launcher.
    edited January 2015
    Well you had me until your last paragraph, overdriver13.

I understand where you are coming from but you don't have to pretty it up. You just can not simply say "nothing you do is right." It doesn't help at all. That's what is labelled as toxic and unproductive.

If you think I don't have my own list of complaints you haven't seen my posts. It absolutely has nothing to do with people being "fanboys" and everything to do with presenting information in a manner which would aid the developers going forward. That's what critical analysis is, by definition. Which is welcome on the forums.

If you would like to give critical analysis I'll be more than happy to send it up the ladder but what is written here is just toxicity. Understandably originated from valid complaints but still just toxic and that unfortunately doesn't help anybody. If you would like then please create a new thread but please keep it constructive.
This discussion has been closed.