test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dread Spire Makeover?

packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So, doing my DR lair daily, and I discover something has changed in the dread spire.
Namely, in the research room, the cages are now zomgwtf huge. I'm not sure if this is intentional, or some scaling value on that element got accidentally changed, but just in case of the latter, I figured I'd bring it to the devs' attention.

These cages also appear to have no clipping at all (you can walk right through them), so I'm inclined to believe the latter is true.

Attached is a screencap of the renovations.
Post edited by packrat0 on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So I was running the Dread Spire in the Dread Ring, and when I got to the last room before you fight the Knight Commander, I noticed these huge cages hanging down from the ceiling, containing very Cthulu-esque specimens. The screencaps are a little dark, but I never noticed these before. Is this just a graphical glitch or are these new?

screenshot_2015-01-16-20-23-40.jpg

screenshot_2015-01-16-20-23-24.jpg

screenshot_2015-01-16-20-23-44.jpg

screenshot_2015-01-16-20-23-15.jpg
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Oooooooh.....
    *insert mysterious and ominous sound clip*
  • Options
    blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Glad to see I'm no the only one that thought it was weird. I had assumed it was graphical glitch, as you can run through them.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Glad to see I'm no the only one that thought it was weird. I had assumed it was graphical glitch, as you can run through them.

Yeah... noticed I could clip through them as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They have always been there, just up higher. It seems the recent patch lowered them a bunch.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The cages used to be higher up, with the same...things...inside. I've often gazed up at them and wondered what the deal was.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just be happy that the cages don't open up and those...........things attack. They look Nightmaryistic!!! :eek:
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have encountered them also in the Tayan Hideout at Well of Dragons. ^^
  • Options
    berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2015
    They've always been there. Nothing new.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yup... here is another view of them.

DreadSpire_Ceiling_zpse1e1929d.jpg
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Double post, sorry.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    I have encountered them also in the Tayan Hideout at Well of Dragons. ^^

mkNCLY3.jpg
    3.jpg
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think they would be really kind of cool if they were not intangible.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Wow at the fog caunsidh.

I guess that might add a certain level of spookiness in some locations but...eeek. Is that caused by having lower graphics settings?
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    During the winter festival the "cosmic" fortune teller said to me : Tomorow Waterdeep will be important, don't ask why.

I don't remember if it was the same thing during the first one but may be a clue or not ^^.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There are options within the foundry to have that fog if I recall correctly but I agree it would be cool to have that in more areas. Particularly places like Throne of Idris could really benefit from a dark green/gray fog like that. However I am not sure if it fits the Thayan Building theme. Sure it's a lab but it is still a Thayan lab. They might be evil but it's not like a creepy underground lab run by a lich.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Wow at the fog caunsidh.

I guess that might add a certain level of spookiness in some locations but...eeek. Is that caused by having lower graphics settings?

Yes, the fog really adds to the atmosphere. :)
    I believe it's caused by postprocessing, but I'm not 100% sure. My graphics are set to medium.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I play with maxed graphics. No fog.

I'll have to tinker with that...and perhaps set up a suggestion that some areas should override player settings because I actually honestly like the effect now that I saw it (although not for that area). Something new every day. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    That is strange, since that fog seems intentional. O.o
    There is similar fog in Gnarlroot cave and probably some other places which I can't recall at the moment.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fog looks like it belongs there to me. Are you guys in the same lair? As far as whether it belongs... if there are torches and braziers, there should be fog. You are burning stuff. There are no electric fans. There will be haze, no matter what. (No sarcasm intended in any part of this. I do not remember either location well enough to know if I saw fog or not.)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    Fog looks like it belongs there to me. Are you guys in the same lair? As far as whether it belongs... if there are torches and braziers, there should be fog. You are burning stuff. There are no electric fans. There will be haze, no matter what. (No sarcasm intended in any part of this. I do not remember either location well enough to know if I saw fog or not.)

The ones with the purplish hue are from the Dread Spire, (Dread Ring), while the more orangish ones are from the Thayan Shelter, (Well of Dragons), which is basically the Dread Spire, only you go through in the opposite direction, and there's a little area at the end where you fight the boss added.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After glancing through the 5E Monster Manual, the possible creatures with similar tentacles are: Grick, Kraken (Not Likely), Otyugh, and Roper.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also noticed those yesterday. Definitely different to before. I'm kicking myself for not trying to walk through them. If you can walk through them then it has got to be a bug, but not a biggie. It does make me wonder what other item was being modified when that bug happened. Has something else moved/changed in there?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    I also noticed those yesterday. Definitely different to before. I'm kicking myself for not trying to walk through them. If you can walk through them then it has got to be a bug, but not a biggie. It does make me wonder what other item was being modified when that bug happened. Has something else moved/changed in there?

You can walk straight through them.
    I haven't noticed anything else, neither in Dread Spire, nor in Thayan Hideout.
    3.jpg