test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HEs and Instance hopping

blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Can someone explain a logical and valid reason why people are jumping from instance to instance of the Siege seeking dragons to destroy? I really don't understand the reasoning behind it since the payouts and drop rates are essentially the same for the HE's, why waste the travel time? Am I missing something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    OK. What specifically do the dragons drop, and what are the chances of the drop? Because from the way I look at it, all the HE's payout the insignia's and dragon coins. All the HE's offer coffers and lockboxes as drops, heard a rumor some were getting medals (though I have yet to get any of those from any dragon). If it's farming and/or grinding, it's a huge waste of time instance jumping to fight ONLY dragons.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dragons drop medals but rare
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Just like last year, the spawn rate of the HEs is horrible.

Was it? My memory is that there was basically a new HE spawning as soon as the last one finished last year.

Definitely horrible this time around though.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I would venture to say, pretty rare. At the speed they get killed, you risk missing the dragon by the time you get to the instance/location. Better to stay put and just rotate the HE's as they spawn, you would get far more Insignias and Coins that way too, rather than chasing the elusive medal that you can get other ways.

In regards to spawn times...what I have been experiencing is two HE spawns back to back, then a 1 -2 min break after those before the next set of two. It certainly isn't 10 min wait between the spawns, (unless of course you are referring to the dragons)