test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashing?

doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Finally see a tier 4 tiamat and in a group that is going to win and what happens my game crashes totally, then the dump file wants to send everything so it wants to upload for an hour ... yeah right I want to play the game not upload crash files all day.

Then to boot, since I crashed it puts me not back where I crashed from for my win I get put in the losing tiamat totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me out of a win and what ever pathetic chance I might get something from a T4 drop (which in past has been absolutely nothing so I don't know why I care about that either.

I just am very disatisfied with a game with such potential and I can't even play it because everything new to do crashes or slows down to a crawl and nothing is being done about but the fact that there is a sticky saying "we acknowledge the problem" nothing about working to resolve it ... nothing about planning to fix ... just them saying yep its broken sucks for you but there are plenty of other players who can play just fine so why don't you just leave and play another game.
Post edited by doriangreigh on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    That wasn't a crash report to upload. It was a verify file option.

Whenever the game crashes it offers to verify that no files are corrupted or missing. Simply select no. The crash report is compiled with the chat box which asks you to supply information of what you were doing when you crashed and only takes a second to click send if you don't type anything into the info box.

As for logging in a different instance, that has been forwarded to the developers to see if it can be changed.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At best, you lost 8-10K RAD. The rewards in this game tend to be rather pathetic.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That wasn't a crash report to upload. It was a verify file option.

Whenever the game crashes it offers to verify that no files are corrupted or missing. Simply select no. The crash report is compiled with the chat box which asks you to supply information of what you were doing when you crashed and only takes a second to click send if you don't type anything into the info box.

As for logging in a different instance, that has been forwarded to the developers to see if it can be changed.

OK thank you for actually acknowledging another issue.

But you are wrong, the arc thing in the bottom said "uploading dump file" which is a crash report, it was huge. I have seen the login screen verify files and this wasn't it .. this was an external window from arc saying it was uploading a file and when I clicked on it to show progress it was going to take an hour and the file size was like 1 gigabyteI think, honestly I don't remember it was a very long string of numbers.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I have no idea what you are referring to...but then again I don't use Arc.

I simply use the NW launcher and the only thing that it does which sounds similar is offer to check for file corruption after a crash. I'll let somebody else know Arc is doing some other file dump because it probably shouldn't be.
  • webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just spent 30 min in GG getting top spot, had 2 dailies I would have got done there.. and in the last 30 sec of GG.. the game crashes. I loose everything... AGAIN!!!

When are they going to fix this problem?? It's been on-going since day 1.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have no idea what you are referring to...but then again I don't use Arc.

I simply use the NW launcher and the only thing that it does which sounds similar is offer to check for file corruption after a crash. I'll let somebody else know Arc is doing some other file dump because it probably shouldn't be.

When game crashes, it tries to send a crash-dump report, containing information about crash. Funny enough crash reporter crashes too sometimes :)
    Crash reporter sends 2 files - one containing game memory during crash - 1-2 GB, and 2nd one containing god knows what - around 10G (I just can guess it is all game files). Both files are not compressed so it takes forever to upload them.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finally see a tier 4 tiamat and in a group that is going to win and what happens my game crashes totally, then the dump file wants to send everything so it wants to upload for an hour ... yeah right I want to play the game not upload crash files all day.

Then to boot, since I crashed it puts me not back where I crashed from for my win I get put in the losing tiamat totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me out of a win and what ever pathetic chance I might get something from a T4 drop (which in past has been absolutely nothing so I don't know why I care about that either.

I just am very disatisfied with a game with such potential and I can't even play it because everything new to do crashes or slows down to a crawl and nothing is being done about but the fact that there is a sticky saying "we acknowledge the problem" nothing about working to resolve it ... nothing about planning to fix ... just them saying yep its broken sucks for you but there are plenty of other players who can play just fine so why don't you just leave and play another game.

Don't worry, I didn't crash, we won but still got ... Dragon egg. It feels even worse, because there is no one to blame - just bad luck :)
  • dimeki78dimeki78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am having the same issues with random crashes everywhere in the game. I could be standing in Protector's Enclave ... crash ... battling Tiamat ... crash ... crash and guess what another crash ... typically 3 or 4 times per Tiamat fight ... trying to do some Dread Ring dailies ... crash ... The crashes started happening a week or so ago. I have checked eveything from malware, drivers, memory, cooling, did every benchmark available ... random crashes are happening only in Neverwinter ... Other games are working as smoothly as ever. And ofc the most annoying thing ... CrypticError.exe that tries after each crash to send dump files ... seriously not helping at all ... I was wondering the whole time since the crashes started why noone has written anything on the forums ... There you go ... I can't enjoy playing this game anymore ... wait ... crash !!! :mad:
  • dimeki78dimeki78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It appears that the reason for the crashes as noted in the Crash.Log located in the Neverwinter directory is this :

GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

Can we please have any Information as to what can be done to solve the situation or at least get a possitive response as that someone is looking into the matter ?

Thanks in advance.
  • billnyedoebillnyedoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When I try to update the game to the lastest patch, I get to around 51% completion and my computer blue screens and restarts from a crash. I go to search the windows minidump and find the issues, delete it, and try to repatch and it happens again. Over and over. I am completely unsure of how to fix this problem, I'm a new player to the game and I just really wanna play.
  • dartman101dartman101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm having the same problems with the crashing very very annoying. Took me like an hour just to finish a quest because of the crashing. Its seems I only crash when I fight enemies. Any other game I play runs flawlessly no problems at all. Hopefully they can find out what the problem is cuz I really enjoy this game alot.
  • discordian827discordian827 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im having similar issues and my error is also GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit() I really want to play the game but I cant play Like this. Everytime I try to PVP i crash Multiple times, When i try to fight Plaguechanged Linkletter I also Crash same Error game just shoots me back to desktop