test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact Cloaks

doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Why do I hardly EVER see people doing the blue heroics? I'm told those are the ones that drop cloaks and yet all people do is farm dragons, its not even like its a choice between the two, you can do blues right after the tiamat battle is over so what is the deal? Does no one want to farm cloaks? Obviously some people do and are getting rich off AH but why aren't regular players doing them? I find myself soloing one at a time, sometimes my CW can actually do two of them to completion, not sure how since most of the time I can only do 1 and my CW is the only one that can solo them to that effect.

I get why no one does the invicible guy, no one seems to have a clue you kill the wizard guys to get motes to put in the pedestal in the center so most just seem to run around hitting the boss while he is immune to damage until it fails ... not sure why you would think after you see you are doing 0 damage that you would stop and think of something else or wonder what the pedestal is or why those other mobs are there.

IS there anyway to join people that actually run those? Like are there any guild that run them at certain times of hte day? I would love to farm these but no one really responds to doing them in zone or LFG chat channels, after two weeks of asking the best answer I have gotten was "yes there are people that farm them" but nothing that says when where or even inviting a player along.

Can we at least get some incentive to get players to hit those? Add some refining stones to the reward or something cause NO ONE is hardly doing those and i've been on in the morning in the afternoon in the evening and after midnight and so far I have ran with maybe two people that go farm those for at least one round or two.

Or do cloaks actually drop off the dragon heralds? I've gotten I Think 3 belts from heralds and that is it.
Post edited by doriangreigh on

Comments

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've done plenty of them and have never seen any rewards. I've heard of one person getting a cloak from the invincible guy, but I never have.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why don't you ask around in lfg and form a HE group? I occasionally see requests like that in the WoD.

I personally also don't farm them but that's more a result of me trying to get multiple chars and ALTs through campaigns and stuff. Also the drop rate is really low. People might think that the Heralds result in more ADs earned per time spent.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Those are good points. And I, too, have only gotten a couple of belts from the Dragon Heralds, although I am a casual player and don't even do that run every day.

Dorian Greigh is a cool name, too - especially the last name, that I assume is pronounced "grey." :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    rawlor9krawlor9k Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because they've been cheap enough on the AH it hasn't mattered?

Might change a little with the imperial cloak now being BoA instead of BoE from Linu's Favors.
  • Options
    buzzardsbaitbuzzardsbait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can confirm the drop. I got a cloak off the encounter that runs where the red dragon spawns. Now if I could just get one for my main lol
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has of loboguild post points out, alts ... I do try those encouters once in a while but after Dragons Zergling and tiamat fight i tend to run my missing daily's like the 100's of sigils i need for my ToD boons ...
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I too got the Black Ice Cloak from old red

It was blue at the time... and I am still trying to get it to Purple

also my shield started green and is now blue 1/2 to purple...

What a chore

I really need the help cause I am really bad at Epic SoT

Urlord

UrLord
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thank you, it is ... its a name based off of Dorian Gray the story of a man who sold his soul for some magical paint and had his portrait made that aged instead of him, he was immortal as long as the painting was never damaged, but once it was damaged he died. The painting would show what would happen to him, it aged and eventually turned into a decayed skeleton so he hid it away covered it up.

Interesting story.

Yeah it would be nice to get cloak drops from something other than linus favor since no one farms them from heroics ... reminds me of IWD once people were done not many do anything else. I solo heroics in IWD for enchants and such, for some reason the drops there seem to be pretty decent but my CW is the only that can really do enough damage that finishes them if no one joins and frankly some of them are a bit too hard to solo even on my CW or its pretty dicey unless I get lucky with a streak of crits.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I thought I covered this in my original post, I have and NO ONE is answer or inviting or even saying they are doing them. Either people are greedy and don't want others to join in or people just flat out don't do them choosing to get linu favor instead. Considering the price they fetch you would think more people would at least try ... i've done dozens and not really gotten anything which is why I think they should add something to give more incentive to doing them, at the very least make them drop a higher rate of coffers, i've seen some of my rewards give me like 15 coffers and I don't even know what was doing it but it doesn't happen often.

So my point is LFG and Zone just isn't aiding in finding people that do them, I can run around and start and hope people join in like I did in IWD however that doesn't happen very much unless the instance is really high population of poeple running around doing other things and noticing someone is actually doing a heroic ... which most of the time people don't join in until the boss which is probably because when you are in the vacinity the boss's health meter pulls up and people seem to head to it, which isn't all that helpful since usually by then time is running out or if it does finish there isn't enough time to do the others.
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They do drop cloaks 100% sure of this as I have gotten myself a cloak of black ice few weeks ago from Bone Rituals. Yes its sad that people do not do these as often anymore. I am always soloing bone Rituals and allies and enemies, and since have not ever recieved another cloak. So the chances are fairly slim at getting one apparantly. You are probably better off doing Tiamat 15 times to get a cloak of your choice instead of a random cloak.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because its easier to farm Tiamat 15 times, which works out to be approximately 25 mins x 15 times = about 6.5 hours with bonus Hoard Coin bag and possibly other T2 pieces/dragon eggs/dragon bag rather than spending so much time at those random encounters (if it is up) and hope for it to drop...? :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    Because its easy to farm Tiamat 15 times than which would work out to be approximately 25 mins x 15 times = about 6.5 hours with bonus Hoard Coin bag and possibly other T2 pieces/dragon eggs/dragon bag rather than spending so much time at those random encounters (if it is up) and hope for it to drop...? :O

Exactly. I have even heard people complain that they have run Tiamat 25+ times and not had the offhand drop: for one, OHs can only drop at T3 of Hoard Reclamation, and even then it's a small chance. Just buy the dang thing after 15 wins!
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I bought mine with Linu's Favours too. More predictable to earn and you get to choose the cloak you want.

There are two reasons why those HEs in WoD are not popular:

1. Folk are busy doing other stuff. If you do the 5+ Heralds that start at xx:45, then Tiamat, then your dailies, it's almost time to do the heralds again.

2. Most of those HEs generally do not seem to pay back the time and effort to complete them. I didn't even know they could drop a cloak. Usually I seem to fight for ages and get 5 coins and a "thank you" note. If one of the bigger HEs is under way and I'm passing then I'll pile but apart from that I mostly ignore them.

Incidentally, the invincible guy is lots easier now that you can donate the wizard things whilst you are aggro'ed.