test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Preview: Siege of Neverwinter

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in News & Announcements
The Cult of the Dragon has amassed their forces once more to lay siege to the city of Neverwinter! Adventurers must once again rally behind the valiant General Sabine in order to push back the Cult and their Draconic Allies!

Siege of Neverwinter Begins: January 15th 10AM PST (When is this for you?)

Siege of Neverwinter Ends: January 22nd 10AM PST (When is this for you?)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9055543-event-preview%3A-siege-of-neverwinter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is this the same event or did you add something new?
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • falseempfalseemp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's only been 2-3? months since this was on, that seems a bit soon to bring it back given how many events are available.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Oooh! Let's go kill us some more non-flying chicken lizards!

The problem is if they coded them to attack by flying some classes would be worthless. GF's wouldn't be able to hurt dragons, nor would GWF's. TR's would just tickle them. The game would become SW, HR, CW, and DC only. 42% of your classes being completely non-viable in new content would kind of be a bad thing.
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This again?

The only hyped up thing about this was the Horn, which turned to be completely worthless except for GWF and Warlock.

Out.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was kinda baffled by them bringing this back so soon at first, but it actually makes sense. It's the CotD attacking Neverwinter. After this module I imagine the Cult is going bye bye and it may never make sense to bring this event back again after this module. We may truly never ever see this again after this go 'round.

That said, DEFEND THE VILLAGE SKIRMISH PLZ!! That's the only skirmish I missed while leveling up my main and it's messing up my OCD Achievements page!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    The problem is if they coded them to attack by flying some classes would be worthless. GF's wouldn't be able to hurt dragons, nor would GWF's. TR's would just tickle them. The game would become SW, HR, CW, and DC only. 42% of your classes being completely non-viable in new content would kind of be a bad thing.

It's not that they should attack only by flying - after all maneuvering all that bulk in combat flying is likely strenous and they would need to land (on people) and mostly (80% of time?) do melee/breath/claw/wing-buffet/tail-swipe/pounce attacks. But they should definitely take off and do a few strafing/breath weapon attack runs every now and again.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    It's not that they should attack only by flying - after all maneuvering all that bulk in combat flying is likely strenous and they would need to land (on people) and mostly (80% of time?) do melee/breath/claw/wing-buffet/tail-swipe/pounce attacks. But they should definitely take off and do a few strafing/breath weapon attack runs every now and again.

Exactly, just like Fulminorax fly-by attack. Its something all dragons are missing.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why not have Valindra invade again? Makes as much sense.

Apparently coins and coffers are all that are being added. No point to grind or bother with it again.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Why not have Valindra invade again?

+1 to this. Would love to see that event come out again.
    I aim to misbehave
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    etelgrin wrote: »
    mhm.. and what happens after this? Elminster finds out that Khelben finds out that they are about to summon Bahamut in the Mountains of Dragons (to change something from Well)? What purpose will this serve? I thought that the event is unique and appeared between mod 4 and the rise of tiamat episode..

Or maybe the cultists will drop the drow set that most of us, pvp players anticipate?

Bahamut is good aligned so I doubt there would be an issue if someone did try to summon him, unless it was part of their plan to destroy him.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I hope there's some sort of change in the narrative. Originally, this was suppose to be a one-time event to bridge the story between module 4 and module 5. Maybe with the death of Severn and the failure to open a portal to the Nine Hells to release Tiamat, the leaderless cultists have lost control, and their only hope is one last ditch attack on Neverwinter.

It'd be a bit of a bummer to see it completely recycled.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hope the Battlefield medic will be usable in SCA after this one.
  • hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2015
    I just gotta say.... really? It has to be whining about this too?
    I rather have any cta than no cta at all.
    Lets just say that the dragons are pissed that we are constantly poking them and their fiveheaded monstermommy.
    And now they are comming to put a stop to it.
    There. Imagination.
    Smile and take it.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't judge the event rotation by what you've come across and already played through.

There are dozens of new players that have never had the chance of playing through these events (including me and this in particular) so I welcome it and am glad they didn't lock it up in a vault or sth.

Events like this are nice, they're a nice break from all the grinding.

Hope to see more in the future.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lets just say that the dragons are pissed that we are constantly poking them and their fiveheaded monstermommy.
    And now they are comming to put a stop to it.
    There. Imagination.
    Smile and take it.
    People gotta whine about everything and anything! Its just how games go nowadays it seems. I know I am excited to kill some dragons, and do more fun encounters!
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I liked this event last time although I didn't get anything wonderful . . . until I got the medic during the Winter Festival :)

Bring on the event . . . we've got cultists and dragons to kill.
    I aim to misbehave
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still have a bunch of supplies from last time, hopefully they dont get removed. :(

Bring on the Culties!!! :p
    edited January 2015
    Well.

My TR and DC were piles of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when this was last on. They can at least exact their vengeance upon them by slaughtering innumerable amounts of them at once.

About all I'm looking forward to.
    edited January 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    I enjoyed this event the last time it came around, was hectic with the HE's popping off almost continuously... This time around though, it just doesn't seem quite so hectic... very sedate even... Did the HE's get toned back in their frequency? Its lost that war zone feeling...

(The Dragon Coffers is a nice touch too... btw.)

Waited like 4 minutes for a HE to pop up...
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    I enjoyed this event the last time it came around, was hectic with the HE's popping off almost continuously... This time around though, it just doesn't seem quite so hectic... very sedate even... Did the HE's get toned back in their frequency? Its lost that war zone feeling...

(The Dragon Coffers is a nice touch too... btw.)

It is probably scaled with the population of the instance. Giving most of the dragon hunters are joining the hourly merry-go-round in WoD and a few worshiping in the Temple of Tiamat, one can expect the second time around, the Siege event will not draw much attention. Also, look at the prices of the "rewards"... a 160k AD medic is the grand prize comparing to over a million AD just a couple of months ago? You get the picture...
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I prefer to just not do it, because to me, this one isn't fun. But on the bright side- This is not a CTA. The CTA is at the end of the month... (Straight to Helm. :D ) This is a single event and is not a CTA at all. This can be completely ignored by anyone who might otherwise be inclined to whine about it. And in a week or two, they can instead whine about this month's actual CTA, and we won't have to ignore them twice. XD
  • misery70misery70 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Worthless,dissapointing and a waste of time. Took days for a chance at a pet or mount, ended up with a pet xp boost of 35g. Not worth the effort at all and never will do the siege ever again
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TBH, the daily quest gives a good amount of ToD currencies, so there's that at least...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums