test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to request account restore when account gets hacked?

nighthalasnighthalas Member Posts: 55
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
My account has been hacked at some point during the last 14-18 hours. Yesterday I logged in through Gateway, as usual, to start some daily astral diamond tasks. When I logged in today moments ago, nearly everything I had is gone.

I went to check my e-mail and found a "New Computer Accessed" message dating to January 7. On Google I checked the IP address where computer was accessed from and Google showed that the IP address belongs to Chinanet-AH.

I lost all astral diamonds, 24 heroes, 48-50 adventurers, dozens of purple crafting tools, lots of 99x stacks of sapphires and lesser refining stones, and some other items. Strangely, the hacker left nearly all of my rank 9 enchantments, zen, greater plague fire enchantment, and didn't destroy any artifacts, companions, bags, or my mount. The hacker took some of the items from guild bank and some from inventory. He also removed my Ioun Stone from Companion list and took some items from the companion but it seems he didn't take anything from what my character was wearing, except for the perfect soulforged enchantment (my perfect vorpal and perfect lightning enchantments were in inventory at that moment).

I have played Neverwinter for 18 months and also doing daily AD and crafting tasks for almost a year on four characters, so you can imagine how much stuff I have lost. I have been playing MMO games for 15 years and this is the first time ever that my account has been hacked in a computer game. I have never visited any websites or any guild sites, and this is the first time for a very long time (maybe 6-12 months) that I have logged into the game's forums. I have also never been away from Neverwinter for longer than a week, and I have the original installation of the game (without ARC or any kind of other software).

I would greatly appreciate if someone with a similar experience could explain to me the correct procedure how to request an account restore from Cryptic or Perfect World. They have different websites and support sections and it is not clear which one exactly to use in this case.
Post edited by nighthalas on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow

/10 chars
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am sorry, but I got a question, did you type your password each time you logged via Gateway?

Also, https://support.arcgames.com/app/games/list/ > neverwinter > game support > scroll down and hit "submit a ticket" > fill the fields with required information.
  • Options
    nighthalasnighthalas Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I am sorry, but I got a question, did you type your password each time you logged via Gateway?

Also, https://support.arcgames.com/app/games/list/ > neverwinter > game support > scroll down and hit "submit a ticket" > fill the fields with required information.

Thank you for the reply. I will try contacting the company through that section. I had been accessing Gateway without typing account and password for a very long time.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    also add ss of this
    I went to check my e-mail and found a "New Computer Accessed" message dating to January 7. On Google I checked the IP address where computer was accessed from and Google showed that the IP address belongs to Chinanet-AH.
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Closing this thread as it is a support matter and we cannot assist with hacked accounts.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.