test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sound going out periodically

suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
The sound in neverwinter will periodically start fading out and eventually silence. At first I thought it was a CW spell as I would hear one that has the sound of wind and everything would start to fade out with just the wind sound remaining for awhile and then only some very soft background zone music -- and that too would eventually go. I notice this most often but I cannot say if that is every case or just what I am noticing.

Because a few times the sound on my entire system would also quit I started to think it might be unique to me until today I herd a few mentioning it in zone although I don't know if it is only the game sound (like most times in my case) or the entire system sound (like a few times I have noticed).
Post edited by suddenlyslow on

Comments

• packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, this also just happened to me last night.
    Was in the middle of a fight with the white dragon herald, and suddenly, after a confluence of simultaneous attack sounds, all sound but the music suddenly cut out.
    Additionally, after changing instances, even the music died out. (This did not seem to extend to anything outside the game, as OP appears to have experienced.)

Restarting the client appeared to resolve the problem.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happens to me sometimes but I don't have to relog - it usually clears up whenever I change zones, enter a new HE or some other "scenery" change. Thought it was just me :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've had that happen, usually in WoD. Also get sound "breaks" in specific spots on all maps, and graphics do the same. I'll be moving along and suddenly the sound stops/starts, and/or graphics jump and go blurry.
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This has been happening to me for several weeks and it always seems to be when fighting the dragon heralds. Most times the sounds just fade away, starting with the dragon. If they don't fade away completely then sound returns to normal in a few minutes, but if it fades until I can only hear the wind, then changing instance, zone, character, nothing works. I have to exit the game completely and return to get it back.
  • shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Similar issue here as well. Often loosing sound while doing dragon heralds in well of dragons, have to restart game to get it back.
  • zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ditto, sound cuts out on the game. I usually restart the client, but will try and zone-in/out as a test.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It happened to me when doing Tiamat, which was very unhandy as one could basically move to fight heads when Linu starts shouting. Which you won't hear when it gets muted like that.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After experiencing this more I paid closer attention. I only seem to have this bug occur in WoD (but cannot be sure it is limited to there but have never seen it since this module). Sometimes restarting the client helps but sometimes I have to do a full reboot. If the sound goes out and restarting the client does not restore it I can start a second client and it works fine on it but not the first -- and the first will not return unless I do a reboot.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have paid even more attention. In some cases this will knock the sound off of my entire system, but if I start a second client I will have sound on it (not the first and not the rest of my system).
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happens to me too sometimes, but only in WoD during Heralds.

Sometimes it's just the combat sounds that gets muted, other times it's combat & ambient sounds. I don't know about the background music, cause i have that turned off. In both cases TS works perfectly, so in my case it's not system-wise. A client restart solved the problem every time for me.

In case it matters i'm using an onboard soundcard (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec).