test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No New Good Pvp guilds allowed for level 60!

circle33circle33 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
It's lame. You're in a progressive guild, some of your members are going places and getting their gear to 20k only to be poached by these "top" guilds.

Others poach your members once they reach that 20k gear score as if these "top" guilds are the only ones allowed to have great gear score members. The only reason these guilds stay on top "pvp guilds" is because they will poach from pve guilds and pvp guilds when they see someone with 20k+ gear score then it wreaks havoc on the guild just so these "top" guilds can survive. While my guild leader is helping new players, giving them spec ideas, boosting them up these jerks come in and use their long standing brand name guild to claim they are the better choice so new guilds trying to make progress fail. Stop this pathetic behavior or at least talk with the guild leader before you poach. It's really disgusting and shameful.

I'm not going to name names or specify guild names but I've been in two guilds that were both pve and pvp only for them to fall apart over these elitist types that sway people to leave and manipulate them much like how they manipulate the system. It's a shame that this game doesn't allow for a more pleasant community to log into and I know it's not really Cryptic's fault but we the people can make this community a better place with this thought:

Treat others how you want to be treated. Would you want this same thing done to you? If no, stop doing it.

The guild I am in is going to fall apart. It's not well known anyway but just because someone is in a not so well known guild doesn't give people the right to poach. We have plenty of activities and members we just are progressing together.

There was a thread about lowbie pvp guilds...I'm thinking about starting one of my own now.
Post edited by circle33 on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    How much of this are the top PVP guilds coming in and trashing the lower level guilds and forcefully stealing their members and how much of it are the 20k GS players wanting to just join the top guilds by themselves?
  • circle33circle33 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dunno, go ask others if their guild was a bad failing guild before these people started enticing their members to leave with their usual routine. We're not a "lower" level guild. We're all level 60...
    edited January 2015
    circle33 wrote: »
    I dunno, go ask others if their guild was a bad failing guild before these people started enticing their members to leave with their usual routine. We're not a "lower" level guild. We're all level 60...

Right you say "enticing". Are these top PVP guilds really going into each of the smaller guilds and forcefully poaching their members away or do players just keep seeing the top PVP guilds' premades stomping everyone and seeing their names on the leaderboard which makes them say "if you can't beat em, join em".
    edited January 2015
    Right you say "enticing". Are these top PVP guilds really going into each of the smaller guilds and forcefully poaching their members away or do players just keep seeing the top PVP guilds' premades stomping everyone and seeing their names on the leaderboard which makes them say "if you can't beat em, join em".

Wow, you really don't know much going on yet assume much. I bet you think people are top of the leaderboard because they are "good"...if that's the case sorry pal but you don't know much about the pvp world.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Which is something that happens in every other mmo ever made, so it makes perfect sense for it to be happening here too.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All those so called top PvP guilds are just a bunch of toxic steamrollers. Well, most of them, there are still guilds that are struggling for some competitive/sportsmen like behavior which is as hopeless as an idea of class advocates.

Just get used to this and put them all on ignore once they start treat you like if you were some mutt running around their feet. I have two entire PvP guilds ignored and one of them is already DEAD. I haven't seen a single member since m3 lauch.

UPD I've been invited to some PvP guild just yesterday, in some weird blutant manner. Good thing I didn't accept invite, witnessed how full of **** they are just 30 minute after. Not talking about the Unhinged if somebody who knows me here is reading this.
    edited January 2015
    Wow, you really don't know much going on yet assume much. I bet you think people are top of the leaderboard because they are "good"...if that's the case sorry pal but you don't know much about the pvp world.

I know what people are doing to get to the top of the leaderboard. I still don't know how it pertains to your original post. Are the PVP guilds in Neverwinter doing something radically different than any other MMO or any other team-individual dynamic?
    edited January 2015
    I know what people are doing to get to the top of the leaderboard. I still don't know how it pertains to your original post. Are the PVP guilds in Neverwinter doing something radically different than any other MMO or any other team-individual dynamic?

I've been in other MMO's. There's some poaching but this game seems to be worse with that.
    The community in this game has always been toxic. I remember first entering this game with my friends from another game and we all noticed it and yep it's still going that way. It's seen more in pvp guilds than PVE. You don't have to come in here and get all defensive over my thoughts. They are my opinions and others share it too. Even when the poachers have others poach their guildmates, they don't like it. It's one of those common sense things I don't see people doing.

Treat others how you want to be treated. Very simple guideline. If it's not okay for someone else to do that to you, then stop doing it to others.

If someone is in a dead guild that does nothing and they want more activity, that's one thing. Poaching from a guild because you don't think they are "worthy" or you feel entitled to the best players for your own guild is just rude and contributes even more to this game leaning to the toxic side. What happens when people get fed up of this sort of behavior? That's right.
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's lame. You're in a progressive guild, some of your members are going places and getting their gear to 20k only to be poached by these "top" guilds

Progressive guild and neverwinter? No way you play the wrong game bro x) i dont get why high gs people still play pve only :S there is no challenge since mod 1 in this game and what do you expect from people to do? Farming is not worthit anymore and when you have everything max what do you do? Stand around in PE? xD you dont even need a pve spec in this game to complete every dungeon in 15min so wtf?^^ so many players ask me for my build for pve and i run full pvp spec so you pve guys may give your guildies some wrong advises because you need no brain when you get the mechanicals of pve mobs, you dont have to max out your spec and know your class to beat them because its too easy...no hate here just my opinion. If i dont have to pve in this i would not, only if im getting bored of pvp than i would run it sometimes if there would be some challengin content... But not in nw...if they would handle pvp like gw2 i would be so happy, no gear, no enchants, no farming.but then this game would not exist anymore because pvp players wouldnt spend money for this game so be thankful ;)
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    this problem has its roots into queue system:

- if premades would have to register a team to compete in tournaments or ladder then this migration wont happen.
    - solo queue should be simple that: solo...

As it is, people are going after the mirage of easy gains and is nothing you can do to stop that ...
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sorry but thats not a real guild if members leave when someone from "top guild" whistles

a real guild is when you cant leave this milked out cash cow cause of your awesome guildies :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    sorry but thats not a real guild if members leave when someone from "top guild" whistles

a real guild is when you can leave this milked out cash cow cause of your awesome guildies :D

^
    It s like getting cheated from your girlfriend... good for her even better for you
    If my guildies were mercenaries i would not stick with them
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    It's lame. You're in a progressive guild, some of your members are going places and getting their gear to 20k only to be poached by these "top" guilds.

Others poach your members once they reach that 20k gear score as if these "top" guilds are the only ones allowed to have great gear score members. The only reason these guilds stay on top "pvp guilds" is because they will poach from pve guilds and pvp guilds when they see someone with 20k+ gear score then it wreaks havoc on the guild just so these "top" guilds can survive.

(SNIP the rest of the wibble)

Goodness, you must be new to MMOs. This is what happens.

In games that had challenging PvE (in the pre f2p causual ROFLcopter churn era), it's also what happened with high end raiding guilds too. New players join casual "friendly" guilds, some of them learn the game and decide to become less casual, and outgrow their guild. Some don't, and are happy with a casual, part-time hobby with their friendly guild.

It happens- and since PvP is the only challenging "content" in NW- that's where it happens. It's a bit of a simplified model of what happens with talent in the wider world. Deal.
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    ^
    It s like getting cheated from your girlfriend... good for her even better for you
    If my guildies were mercenaries i would not stick with them

Essentially this... if they are flighty, they will be flighty.

I'd say focus less on those who left and more on those who stay. ;)
  • bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is so normal. I used to be a member of a "progressive guild" and it just got boring. I mean how many times can you ran Frozen heart or any other dungeon before becoming brain dead. Of course if you like helping new players that's fine, but it's dull, dull, dull. The guild didn't PVP much and when it did they didn't do well. It was a casual guild so whilst friendly, there wasn't really much effort put into becoming any better. I recently checked out the guild leader and he still has rank 7s.

Think of it like this, in real life you do a job and then another company make you an offer -you are head hunted- because you are good. They offer you more money, prestiage, status, power, responsibilities. Are you going to turn it down to keep on doing the same repetative thing? Some people do do that.

The end game is really PVP. It's hardly an accomplishment to be the best in PVE, as some many other people are, but in PVP, well that takes both gear and skill (unless you are a TR)
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Another thing so called progressive guilds or pve guilds destroy nearly every new mmo if there is no content you guys move on! if the pvp is fun pvp players stay all we asking for is balancing. We dont need new gear or content maybe a new map or a new mode thats all we want...but we dont rush through content and ask 1 week later for more because we get bored -.-
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
    edited January 2015
    Another thing so called progressive guilds or pve guilds destroy nearly every new mmo if there is no content you guys move on! if the pvp is fun pvp players stay all we asking for is balancing. We dont need new gear or content maybe a new map or a new mode thats all we want...but we dont rush through content and ask 1 week later for more because we get bored -.-

Except your demands for balance, tend to destroy pve. 99% of balance changes for pvp make pve much much worse. The game modes are incompatible and shouldn't be in the same game anymore.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    well you can start over a new PVP guild by yourself, everyone has the free will to chose. maybe at some point we will see PVP guilds with 10 members or max of 15 members in it, but there is no point yet, cause there isn't any real competition out yet. but its not the PVP guilds at fault, just because new commers get up to high gear quickly and they leave their PVE guilds, it's only about takin the initiative.
    if you love pvp either start a new guild with ur friends and do pvp or find a guild that is doing mostly pvp. its simple, cheers.
    edited January 2015
    I've been in other MMO's. There's some poaching but this game seems to be worse with that.

The community in this game has always been toxic. I remember first entering this game with my friends from another game and we all noticed it and yep it's still going that way. It's seen more in pvp guilds than PVE. You don't have to come in here and get all defensive over my thoughts. They are my opinions and others share it too. Even when the poachers have others poach their guildmates, they don't like it. It's one of those common sense things I don't see people doing.

Treat others how you want to be treated. Very simple guideline. If it's not okay for someone else to do that to you, then stop doing it to others.

If someone is in a dead guild that does nothing and they want more activity, that's one thing. Poaching from a guild because you don't think they are "worthy" or you feel entitled to the best players for your own guild is just rude and contributes even more to this game leaning to the toxic side. What happens when people get fed up of this sort of behavior? That's right.

Right..... you still didn't answer the question. Are the guilds in Neverwinter doing something radically different than all the other PVP guilds in any other MMO? How do they poach players? Perhaps you can illustrate a specific example of how they do it.

Let me help you with a sample answer, for example: "The PVP guilds in Neverwinter take embarrassing screenshots of these players in an awkward position involving a pig mount to force these players to join them".
    edited January 2015
    Right..... you still didn't answer the question. Are the guilds in Neverwinter doing something radically different than all the other PVP guilds in any other MMO? How do they poach players? Perhaps you can illustrate a specific example of how they do it.

Let me help you with a sample answer, for example: "The PVP guilds in Neverwinter take embarrassing screenshots of these players in an awkward position involving a pig mount to force these players to join them".

Oh god those pictures of me are out?
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I stared at this first post awhile before formulating a reply.

Whilst the initial request has a basis in some form of nobleness the tone in which it was asked made it turn into just another whine.

Perhaps a rephrasing here is in order?

"I'd ask that less aggressive methods are used to recruit people from other guilds so it is not incidentally killing existing guilds in favor of merely having a 'new flavor of the month leet PvP' guild. Poaching is not respectful of your guild, or yourself."

I can see a legitimate complaint here, but it took some digging to read it.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015

Let me ask you another question.. what is the reason for a PvP guild to recruit more people in a game that doesnt have any place for such a guild in the first place?
    In the most games the most successful guilds were always closed, with a specific spot open only when a member retired. Same for pvp, in competitive pvp were we needed to have a set party there is no place for a replacement.
    Here overgeared people stomp pugs, easy wins, people like easy wins so they go to those pvp guilds only to be kicked or have the same old play style cause lets face it that first and second team wont take them in. So why recruit them in the first place?!
    edited January 2015
    What I mean by progressive is totally different for Neverwinter than most MMO's as it has to be. What I mean is actually guiding these players on how to play, spec, gear up. Run a couple of things with them if needed. It feels like you've done all the hard work to help this person out only for some vulture to stand on the sidelines to manipulate them into leaving so they can join the "leet" guild instead. In another guild I was in, they were telling members to go on their team speak, talking to them everyday being on their best behavior and telling them "hey we'll tell you how to exploit your stats if you join us and we'll give you some rank 10's if you can't do it" Basically bribing them. They never ever accept players that aren't guilded and of course my friends didn't get the rank 10's they were told they would get once joining it was all on their backs to do it themselves.

Then they leave, become arrogant jerks and the guild suffers. These top leet pvp guilds also poach from other top leet pvp guilds and this is why there are so many guild hoppers in the game.

So if you're a member of a guild and helping out other members to get to that top gear score, you're putting in all this effort so these elitists don't have to. They frown on you if you aren't the max gear score yet poach from guilds that helped build those players up. It's just nasty. Then they teach them how to cheat to win.

Luckily, I have some members who came to me about poaching routine being played on them and they declined. Our guild isn't well known but we've been very helpful to other players. So message to elitist guilds, how about you put in some actual effort and start looking at UNGUILDED people with skill...stop just looking at their stupid gear score. If they put in the same effort that progressive guilds did, they'd understand but instead they don't want to do that, just being lazy.

They never admit either when someone with lower gear score beats them that perhaps that person relies more on skill than their e-peen gear score.
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why does it matter what guild they are in? Do they ignore you when they leave your guild? Can you only ever play with people in your guild? are they not on your friends list? Why does it matter so much?
    How do you build your guild? Do you only look for guildless people? Or do you ask players you play with frequently to join your guild even if they are in a guild? When people QQ about the quote L33T PVP GUILDS unquote it usually is out of jealousy and they wish they could have people joining them in the same matter instead..
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After reviewing the entirety of this thread, I don't see it serving any productive purpose other than to flame and to fling implied or outright accusations at each other or the top guilds. Closing this down and asking others to please leave PVP guild drama ingame.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.