test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gift of Simiril - Gift Parties

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
I think everyone is aware of what is going on with many of these gift parties.

For next year's event, I'd propose this change:

1. Remove the ability to gift another player.
2. Add a Christmas tree, winter gift tree, whatever you want to call it.
3. Add a few NPCs asking for alms around the tree.
4. When you gift one of these NPCs, they give thanks and the drops we currently pick up appear around the tree.

This helps with two things - the time taken to form gift giving groups is eliminated.
It also prevents the leeching by some players.
Post edited by hercules125 on

Comments

• Options
    targlocktarglock Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think everyone is aware of what is going on with many of these gift parties.

For next year's event, I'd propose this change:

1. Remove the ability to gift another player.

This helps with two things - the time taken to form gift giving groups is eliminated.
    It also prevents the leeching by some players.

Why do you want to ruin it to people who do want to gift each other?
    maybe they should add the option to gift yourself only, but not remove the ability to gift another player!
    in my guild we did gift events, and that was excellent, and you want to remove it because it takes time to create a group?!?
    Realm leader of Guild Medieval

We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people www.guildmedieval.com
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    targlock wrote: »
    Why do you want to ruin it to people who do want to gift each other?
    maybe they should add the option to gift yourself only, but not remove the ability to gift another player!
    in my guild we did gift events, and that was excellent, and you want to remove it because it takes time to create a group?!?

Did you read the entire post? I'm glad for you that you have a guild where you have people you can trust to exchange gifts.
    For those of us not in guilds, the vast majority of groups you join consist of perhaps 2-3 legitimate gifters, and at least 2 people who have nothing, never intended to give anything, and are drifting from group to group to get more "stuff" for self.

To address your point, YES, when going through all my alts, it takes about 2 minutes before i'm eligible to change instances, it takes another 2 minutes each to get the group together in one zone instance. That's close to half an hour wasted for all 8 of my alts.

I would have no problem keeping the existing system in place IF they provided the NPC option as an alternative way of doing the same thing. Fair enough?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Did you read the entire post? I'm glad for you that you have a guild where you have people you can trust to exchange gifts.
    For those of us not in guilds, the vast majority of groups you join consist of perhaps 2-3 legitimate gifters, and at least 2 people who have nothing, never intended to give anything, and are drifting from group to group to get more "stuff" for self.

To address your point, YES, when going through all my alts, it takes about 2 minutes before i'm eligible to change instances, it takes another 2 minutes each to get the group together in one zone instance. That's close to half an hour wasted for all 8 of my alts.

I would have no problem keeping the existing system in place IF they provided the NPC option as an alternative way of doing the same thing. Fair enough?

so create groups with people you trust, that's not hard.
    Leave party >>> Change to alt>>> Leave zone>>> Join Party >> Reenter Zone 30 seconds tops.

and this is the amount of time it takes to change to your alts, your time argument is wrong.

If they want to add one more system that you can gift yourself, why not, as long as they leave the group gift thing unchanged.

We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people www.guildmedieval.com
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why is the concept of selfless giving so difficult for some to understand? I read the original post above and I see a simple question: "How dare the devs arrange some sort of prize that I can't claim for my own? Why should I be forced to be social?" It's really sad.
  • Options
    rifter13rifter13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually like the idea. It takes time to form a party. It is a pain in the butt. If you have a good social group, good for you. For those of us that don't, it is a hassle.

I have NO problem giving gifts. The problem I have, and some how every other poster here missed in the OP, is that there are jerks that are not gifting back. The gift parties are supposed to be about sharing. Many are not. Plus, it takes time to find groups, get together, etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    rifter13 wrote: »
    I actually like the idea. It takes time to form a party. It is a pain in the butt. If you have a good social group, good for you. For those of us that don't, it is a hassle.

I have NO problem giving gifts. The problem I have, and some how every other poster here missed in the OP, is that there are jerks that are not gifting back. The gift parties are supposed to be about sharing. Many are not. Plus, it takes time to find groups, get together, etc.

so they need to add an option to gift yourself (o.O) but not remove the option to gift others like the OP wanted!