test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat LAG-FAIL suggestion

whitemorailwhitemorail Member Posts: 62 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,
Since it's very frustrating when you beat tiamat 1 sec before the end and you still fail due to the lag (happen a lot, this evening was the best, because after Tiamat emerged we succeed in another session of cleric defense and all head come up whit the 30% of their health, as we defeated all of them :D ) I'm going to suggest to leave the third emerged time without timer or whit a bigger one (maybe 3 min instead of 2)

so we are three basically situations:
_you have a poor team and you realise, since the first head session, you can't win (happen when you zerg and in 2 min you just bring down to 30% health one head)----> you can leave
_you have a strong group and you defeat Tiamat saving a couple of minute!
> HEAVEN
_you have an average team and you fight for 30 min, then loose for just a sec of lag-delay
> you have lost half an hour of your life
Post edited by whitemorail on

Comments

• beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it's very frustrating when you beat tiamat 1 sec before the end and you still fail due to the lag (happen a lot
    Over 40 times defeated Tiamat. Never happened.

Either defeat Tiamat in 2nd wave (big chance to get 2nd Linu`s Favor and 3rd reward), defeat Tiamat in 3rd wave (usually, cause of Ice Stormers) with 5 mins left and 2nd reward awailable, or fail cause of too much lag / Ice Stormers / AFKs / DCs / left RAIDmates.
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, still bugged. We kill tiamat 2 sec. before time and faild.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You have to kill tiamat with about 10 secs to spare or she doesn't die. Not from lag but from the time it takes her animation cycle to complete. She's not considered dead till after the death animations have finished.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    You have to kill tiamat with about 10 secs to spare or she doesn't die. Not from lag but from the time it takes her animation cycle to complete. She's not considered dead till after the death animations have finished.

Dis^

E.g if u get her breath 5s before time ends, and u bring her down in those 5 sec she wont be consider dead by server. Dying animation takes around 3 sec itself, but if she starts breathing animation before, and u kill her when those animation starts u still have 5 sec of breathing animation and 3 sec of dying animations, so she is consider dead 8 sec later. Same goes to biting animation.

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's the complete answer there...Cryptic should implement some sort of 10 second "grace" period between when the head phase ends and the cleric phase is suppose to begin, then check to see if the victory condition was met then, instead of at 0:00 of the head phase. Obviously, if the head isn't dead by 0:00, it'll disappear and you can't damage it, but if it's dying during the grace period, players will still get credit.

I had this happen a couple times, and it really sucks when your heart is racing because of a nail biter conclusion to the fight.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just wish Cryptic could learn We do not have the luxury of being connected directly to the servers... -_-

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Happened to me today, happens on stronghold dragons too, the number of times you have a corpse and a fail there, REALLY needs fixing.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Please do not respond to threads which have not been posted on in over 30 days.

Sometimes this rules seems arbitrary and stupid but it's threads like this that have this rule exist. There have been a large number of optimizations and improvements over the last year to the game including The Well of Dragons and Tiamat. The issues discussed in this thread are likely not the same issues which exist today.

I am sure there are more relevant and current threads discussing the latency issues in the Rise of Tiamat zones especially since it was a topic discussed on the Bugs and Q&A livestream. :)
This discussion has been closed.