test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] Fashion Inventory

bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello folks!
Our inventory gets full very easily and we tend to conserve just the important stuff (pots, equip, refinements stones, and so on).
Personally, when it comes to fashion equip, I tend to sell or destroy it if I am not wearing it, because it's basically useless and it has just a visual utility, but still occupy needed slots in my inventory.
But everytime I do so, I think that is such a waste because of the really stunning design of every piece.

So basically, as we have for the Professions and Companions, I suggest an extra inventory to contain all of our fashion items.
I mean, the cool part of fashion items is that you can switch from an outfit to another and change them as much as we can.. So there is really no point in having just one fashion item and leave it for long time till you don't replace it.
Also, there is the tendency of having all piece of the same sets, but even mixing them may be a cool possibility (at the moment I am wearing Jack o' Liar Mask with Paesant Tunic and Garb.. And it look really awesome).. And you can do that just if you have the possibility to store every fashion item that you collected so far!

What do you think about this? Is there any chance that they will implement this feature?

Can't wait to hear your opinions about it and hope I posted in the right section!
» Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
Post edited by bakaslam on

Comments

• katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    From the AMA with the producer
    [Q] Is there going to be a tab placed into the inventory for fashion and mounts?
    [A] We probably won’t have an additional tab for fashion until we make fashion items more common and obtainable. As far as mounts go – at one point we discussed adding stables for players. This is something that we might do in the future, but only if we find a way to make owning multiple mounts more compelling. Right now you can pretty much do everything with just a single mount and never have any need for additional ones.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Fashion Tab"?

I just use one specific bag allocated for Fashion items. Dyes I tend to keep in the bank.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Totally in favor of the STO fashion system....but of course, there would be no money in it so it will never show up here.
  • emmrossemmross Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd be more interested in an inventory for mounts like the idle companions inventory we have.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I have to strongly disagree with the producer here. Cryptic is always putting mounts on sale to induce us to buy them (and that massive sale last month!) When some of us choose to take them up on it, it would make sense to me to reward those who support the game with Zen purchases.

Yes, we can do anything with just one rank 3 mount, but it would be disingenuous to presume that the majority of players only have one mount. A lot of us have several, or even quite a bit more than several. Between account-bound mounts, fashion items, and transmutes, bag and bank space is always a constant problem.

How could owning multiple mounts be made more compelling? Here's an idea off the top of my head: if you complete a specific collection and have all of the mounts in that collection stabled, your character can learn (or has the opportunity to learn) something useful about that type of mount. Maybe when mounted you can detect threats farther away by reading your mount's behavior. In the art and fiction forum I wrote a little piece where I discuss reading the behavior of a Small Stag to detect when goblins were near. Or, maybe you can learn how to avoid trouble (smaller aggro range when mounted). There *are* possibilities.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just add a mount tab like the companion tab where each mount has an active bonus with utility bonus like more speed while mounted, more slots added the inventory, extra % gold/Glory/Exp gained, more belt slots, automatically pick-up items or no active bonus but instead of runestones we can add utility like dark for extra mov, dragon's hoard for more %, fey blessing, etc according to the lvl of mount. It's very simple and a lot of people would like to get more than 1 mount thanks to this just like we already do with the companions.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mounts or Fashion, I feel like there is the need of a space where we can store them.
    Again, fashion is about just changing the appearance and if you have a set it occupies 3 slots of your inventory.
    Having multiple sets is what is really cool about fashion so it means that neither the bank or your inventory has space for it (unless you don't purchase multiple bags by ZEN.. But that's something that's never going to happen, because nobody - or almost - would spend zen to store items that have nothing but a visual funciontality).
    Same with mounts.. yes, having one rank 3 is enough.. But it may actually be cool switch from one to another once in a while, just to have fun with your character.
    » Hogs of War «

• katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I have to strongly disagree with the producer here.
    Protip: disagreeing with facts makes you an idiot.

There is absolutely no reason to own more than 1 store bought rank 3 mount. The only others I have are event mounts, and I never use them, because I'm not going to spend 2 million AD to upgrade ONE mount for ONE character.
    A lot of us have several, or even quite a bit more than several.
    [Citation needed]

Personally, I'm not a fan of how the fashion (and transmute) system works in general, so I don't waste space with fashion items beyond the few that I really like.
    edited January 2015
    Personally, I'm not a fan of how the fashion (and transmute) system works in general, so I don't waste space with fashion items beyond the few that I really like.

That's what I mean with my posts. At the moment, there is no reason to store fashion items, but still it's a big part of the game, lots of work for the designers. And most of times those fashion items are not used at all.
    That's why an extra tab may be to my point of view a good reason to start using properly the fashion items. Once you can store as much as you want, you can dress your character as you like, making it a bit more personalized.
    » Hogs of War «

• ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fashion items are already quite common and easily obtainable. Most events and modules have them, some even more than one set (i.e. Siege of Neverwinter, or IwD campaign stores). I don't even think fashion items (and appearance too) should be "physical" items when bound, they should go to to a "list/library" that occupies no space.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This could be monetized very easily - provide 6 free 'closet slots' and sell 6 slot expansion packs for the closet on the Zen market for 100-300 zen.

A similar tab could be set up for mounts - start with 4 slots, more space for 100-300 zen.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No compelling reason? That's ridiculous. Many of us have a whole bunch of fashion sets and/or mouns already. All we ask is to make some more tabs in the inventory so we can tidy up a bit, and possibly add more to the collection without overcrowding our inventories. We like to collect them. We took the time to farm them, or spend money on them. I have 3 epic mounts, a rare one and a whole bunch of uncommon ones, 2 fashion sets on my inventory and one in the bank, and that's just my main. I imagine richer players have a lot more. What are we supposed to do with those event mounts and fashion sets that we took forver to farm, just sell them to NPCs or discard them?
    I don't understand why we didn't have them from the start, honestly, and now after one and a half years, after addind more mounts and fashion sets to the game we're still talking about buts and maybes?
    If you're fine with just one epic mount or if fashion is not for you, then that's awesome, but don't say it's a bad idea to add two more tabs just because you won't use them.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is something that we might do in the future, but only if we find a way to make owning multiple mounts more compelling. Right now you can pretty much do everything with just a single mount and never have any need for additional ones.

O gee. Allods 2.0 here we come. Mounts that shoot rockets off themselves and 1 shot entire parties incoming.

I once said this game could be special, could be innovative, could push things in a new direction for f2p mmos. That vision is coming to a close.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited January 2015
    I am sorry if I didn't use a poll stating, I honestly didn't think about it.
    Do you know if there is a way to add it now?
    By the way it seems pretty clear that an add of a tab would bother none but would make happy a lot.
    It's not a change that is going to influence the gaming of who doesn't like it.. People would still be totally free of selling their fashion items/mounts.

Personally, I'd like to see the fashion items become even more useful.. For example having some kind of uniform or whatever that would make you seem like a bandit or a pirate that would make them to confuse you as one of them, for example.
    » Hogs of War «

• nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is possible to use a Fashion Tab within the actual economic design.
    It only require to put the cost on each slot. It will work perfectly.
    In fact, it could work better if to remove a skin a small cost is needed.
  • lordzalmlordzalm Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Fashion items are already quite common and easily obtainable. Most events and modules have them, some even more than one set (i.e. Siege of Neverwinter, or IwD campaign stores). I don't even think fashion items (and appearance too) should be "physical" items when bound, they should go to to a "list/library" that occupies no space.

I rather like the way GW2 does fashion. Any piece of gear you own becomes available to transmute at any time so long as you have the item(which is easy to obtain) to do so, and you get a huge comprehensive list of all the available cosmetic outfits to change to anytime, and can even be previewed before completed, to ensure your look is just right. Best part is, the entire wardrobe you have access too is account wide, AND basic gear as well as purchased outfits are included. All of which are in a library of costume pieces, not physical items. They even have achievements for collection large portions of the wardrobe.

Mind you, that game isnt free to play like this one is, but even then, getting a wardrobe function similar to that would be glorious, and something I would definitely spend real money to have in this game as well.
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited January 2015
    If you ever played City of Heroes, you know how amazing character customization can be without stored fashion pieces. Cryptic had it right when they made 'Icon' in CoH. 'The Tower of Transmutation' could become a very popular place if they enabled it to function in the same manner. :)
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Can you please post the link so I can see that Producers post? You kinda chopped that bit off. :P Please? and TY XD

ADD: I see one from 21 days ago and another from 2 months. I'll just start reading!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.