test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New to forum stuff. "hunter ranger level 60 Gear"

str8up1str8up1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Wilds
Hi I never posted on a forum topic before.
Anyways I'm almost level 60 on my Hunter Ranger. What gear should I go for, astral diamonds and zen isn't a problem. But time is. I was thinking of getting gear from the aution house. What hunter ranger gear should I go for? I was thinking of Draconic Set For the health additions but I want to know other good options.
(Not a PvP/PvE player Mostly dungeons/heroic encounter player)
Post edited by str8up1 on

Comments

• Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im sure you find good hints in the ranger class section: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1251-The-Wilds
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I recommend hitting CTRL+J in-game, choosing epic equipment, then either run the requisite dungeons or check the auction house for the set(s) you want.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Depends on your build.

Royal Guard is the normal go to set, though trappers who have high cooldown reduction through feats tend to prefer other sets.

I enjoyed RG as a pve combat. Currently using corrupt black ice for the overload slots. I would go back to RG if I ever got tired of feeding ice or overload enchants.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    RG unless you feat Trapper because Swiftness of the Fox is so much better than the set bonus that you will not need it. The best weapons you can buy are CN set. Technically you can buy enough coffers to get arti weapons but at current rates that's about 3M AD before you even refine them.
  • Options
    str8up1str8up1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm a Stormwarden "Archery" (don't know if that's could or not)
    But yeah thanks guys for the responses :)
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For archers, corrupted black ice is the best armor set. And of course artifact weapons. But you cant buy them, so buy any semi-good T2 set (RG/GW/draconic) and CN weapons and play to get your real gear.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd recommend Royal Guard set for SW Archer if you're going to buy it off AH. It is amazing combined with Plague Fire enchant. The set is heavy on ArP, though, while there is no Crit on it whatsoever so you'll have to make it up on artifacts and accessories. CN set will serve you well until you get artifact main and off-hands.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Dependson the weapon enchant ur planning on using.

Plaguefire (or dot enchants), go royal guard.

Vorpal, go Grandwarden or 2/2 combinations that get u high crit. as starters..... then u can go corrpted/draconic templar or combos of those when u farm them.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ximae wrote: »
    Dependson the weapon enchant ur planning on using.

Plaguefire (or dot enchants), go royal guard.

Vorpal, go Grandwarden or 2/2 combinations that get u high crit. as starters..... then u can go corrpted/draconic templar or combos of those when u farm them.

He's limited to one of three sets on the AH: Royal Guard, Grand Warden and Draconic. Using RG for anything but set bonus is pointless due the the complete lack of Crit on it so he's left with GW and Draconic as the only option for 2/2. IIRC Draconic set has either lots of Crit rating or none whatsoever, can't remember which so imo either go 4/4 RG or 4/4 GW. The Dread Legion set of course has good stat balance for going 2/2 but that will take some VT farming so is not an option for the time being.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.