test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The insurmountable 1,000 NPC kills

cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
The title says it all!

At the rate I'm going, the 1,000 NPC Kills in GG PVP looks set to become the bottleneck between me and the completion of the PVP campaign (30/30).

There are many out there who have managed to achieve this and I greatly appreciate it if you can share with me any tips and pointers on the best way to get these kills.

To my knowledge, killing these in GG PVP counts towards the achievement:
  • Shadow Clones from TRs (my teammates will kill me for targeting these)
  • Soul Puppets from SWs
  • The rest of the NPCs that spawn at/around node
  • Amusud

Thank you in advance for your sharing and here's wishing the community a wonderful 2015 ahead!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    The title says it all!

At the rate I'm going, the 1,000 NPC Kills in GG PVP looks set to become the bottleneck between me and the completion of the PVP campaign (30/30).

There are many out there who have managed to achieve this and I greatly appreciate it if you can share with me any tips and pointers on the best way to get these kills.

To my knowledge, killing these in GG PVP counts towards the achievement:
    • Shadow Clones from TRs (my teammates will kill me for targeting these)
    • Soul Puppets from SWs
    • The rest of the NPCs that spawn at/around node
    • Amusud

Thank you in advance for your sharing and here's wishing the community a wonderful 2015 ahead!

queue as a 5 man grp with the only purpose to kill them, you;ll be able to get 10-20 per match.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    One more thing - Do you get the kill if you've injured the NPCs (and someone eventually kills them) or you'll have to land the finishing blow to clock the count?
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You have to hit them at least once and they must be killed before they disappear when the node got captured by your team.
    Most people finished the task because they stayed on the map after the match ended (fixed long ago) and thats why someone will answer here telling us that the amount is not too high.

If I could work at Cryptic for 1h, I would change this **** number (and balance weapon/armor enchs ;)).
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This number should be lowered to a feasible number e.g. 100 npcs.

Again, if the game management were concerned about feasible numbers we would not have the required refinement points for artifacts so I doubt they will ever change it and ill never get my pirate outfit.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm currently at 27/30 and just need 7 more triples to clear that quest.

Still need a couple wins and a whooping 750 NPC Kills before I can smell the Pirate Commander Outfit :eek:
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Agreed. Just that task keeps me from doing GG part of the campaign
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    this issue was pointed many times and nothing changed so if you rly want to do it in a reasonable amount of time you should find yourselves groups...
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    +1 Me too. I would like to complete this task finally.
    -1 Me too. I will propably never go GG again after completing this task and will loose a nice PvP content.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

Maybe thats why it takes so long. Just do gg fight on point 2 and 4 and you will get npc kills.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    looomis wrote: »
    You have to hit them at least once and they must be killed before they disappear when the node got captured by your team.
    Most people finished the task because they stayed on the map after the match ended (fixed long ago) and thats why someone will answer here telling us that the amount is not too high.

If I could work at Cryptic for 1h, I would change this **** number (and balance weapon/armor enchs ;)).

Thanks for the confirmation looomis. At least now I know I just have to damage them and move on to another, in hope that someone else will come along and finish off those I damaged before we cap.

The road is long...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm getting an average of 5 - 10 NPC kills per GG PVP (without going out of my way to farm NPC kills explicitly) running around trying to cap and help my team while eliminating any foes who stands in the way.

At 261/1000 now, it'll take me at least 2 - 3 months to close the gap to 1,000, that's assuming I'm doing at least 2 GG PVP a day.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015

There is a screenshot somewhere of a DC who got all the achievements of the pvp campaign, including the 1000 kills. If you're not a DC, it might be more difficult but still possible. The NPCs have to respawn, the red ones have to cap the base again and again, then you come and you AOE the NPCs. You don't need to be the one who delivers the killing blow.
  • Options
    silentrockssilentrocks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The perfect solution is to get in GG with as many friends/guildmates as possible. 15/20 at least would be the best. Then let the opposite team cap both nodes that spawn NPC's and stay there and farm them (be careful to not cap it back, so you have to stay off the node and keep your team off the node aswell). You can get 50-100 kills during one GG pvp.

The worst case scanario is your team capping those nodes back or losing the game, because the other team will cap all other points or getting wiped by the opposite team during the farming.

So in conclusion, imo the most important thing is communication. Let your team know, that you want to farm NPC's, so they won't cap those spawning nodes and pray that they read the chat and are enough understanding.

Note: you don't have to get the killing shot, just try to dmg as many npc's as possible.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You used to be able to get back in after and it took hours to do but then some genius posted about it and they fixed it.

Good luck to the rest of you getting it. If its an even game you are going to cost your side the win, they won't be up for long, someone will cap and you are going to get reamed while npc killing, if its one sided they won't spawn and if its the wrong end of a stomp you aren't getting far from spawn.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    queue as a 5 man grp with the only purpose to kill them, you;ll be able to get 10-20 per match.

Awesome, the solution is to take 1/4 of total forces and have them PVE during a PvP match (roll eyes). Not a jab at you, but again just seeing where the DEVS aren't thinking. There need to be an editor in game development or something.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ~A year ago when they added it with mod 3 it was believed to be a bug and that we were intended to be able to get the npcs during the PVP (armories) time to count in the GG area while Qd and awaiting a pop. Has that been fixed yet? or is the only way to get NPC kills in the matches still?

Seems sad that the majority of the people that have this completed likely exploited the end of match bug where u could stay in the map even though the matches were over.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @silentrocks - That's a workable strategy but doubt I've the chance to try it out as I usually solo queue into GG PVP, so I roll with pugs.

@ grimelrok - The bug has not been fixed so we're pretty much stuck with trying to kill NPCs in a PVP game if you ever wish to complete the PVP campaign.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think, even getting Inquisitor title is not as hard as that 1k NPC kill. For real, that should be 1k NPC kills outside the GG or at least add some trash adds in there so we can get at least 50 kills during one PvP encounter.