test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shocking Execution - Coded wrong...

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
This move makes no sense. Things like Guardian Fighter capstone "with every hit, reduces enemies damage by 5% (up to 20%)", well Shocking Execution bypasses this "debuff" and gets NO damage reduction.

It Bypasses "Knights Challenge" - When you knights challenge a TR, the move states you each do double damage to each other but HALF damage to anyone else. It bypasses that HALF damage part and deals FULL damage to others.

Not only that, buy it bypasses tenacity as well in PVP. This should NEVER happen. The entire point of the stat was to reduce crit damage and damage in PVP.

Another example is through "Distracting shield" - should reduce enemies damage by 5% after blocking. This feat also doesnt affect shocking execution.

So its clear the WAY this move is coded is just broken. I remember when soulforged made you immune to damage for 4/5 seconds, and Shocking went THROUGH that. Or dont forget GWFs have "Steel Defense" making you immune to damage for 5 seconds after using a daily, Shocking goes THROUGH that.

So here is how to fix it. RATHER than coding shocking to bypass ALL these mechanics, that it CLEARLY shouldnt, code shocking damage to attack the target with +100% Armor Penetration.

This would mitigate all DR, but leave in things like tenacity and doing this would ALSO have it impacted by feats/debuffs properly. This would easily fix the problem and make it MUCH easier to balance.

I think this is also how piercing damage is for an HR (not sure though).

This is one of the biggest issues with PVP right now and why there are so many complaints about TRs. All types of this damage that "ignore defenses" should be coded to attack with +100% armor pen rather than actually bypassing ALL types of mechanics.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This move makes no sense. Things like Guardian Fighter capstone "with every hit, reduces enemies damage by 5% (up to 20%)", well Shocking Execution bypasses this "debuff" and gets NO damage reduction.

It Bypasses "Knights Challenge" - When you knights challenge a TR, the move states you each do double damage to each other but HALF damage to anyone else. It bypasses that HALF damage part and deals FULL damage to others.

Not only that, buy it bypasses tenacity as well in PVP. This should NEVER happen. The entire point of the stat was to reduce crit damage and damage in PVP.

Another example is through "Distracting shield" - should reduce enemies damage by 5% after blocking. This feat also doesnt affect shocking execution.

So its clear the WAY this move is coded is just broken. I remember when soulforged made you immune to damage for 4/5 seconds, and Shocking went THROUGH that. Or dont forget GWFs have "Steel Defense" making you immune to damage for 5 seconds after using a daily, Shocking goes THROUGH that.

So here is how to fix it. RATHER than coding shocking to bypass ALL these mechanics, that it CLEARLY shouldnt, code shocking damage to attack the target with +100% Armor Penetration.

This would mitigate all DR, but leave in things like tenacity and doing this would ALSO have it impacted by feats/debuffs properly. This would easily fix the problem and make it MUCH easier to balance.

I think this is also how piercing damage is for an HR (not sure though).

This is one of the biggest issues with PVP right now and why there are so many complaints about TRs. All types of this damage that "ignore defenses" should be coded to attack with +100% armor pen rather than actually bypassing ALL types of mechanics.

shadowy demise is such a cheap ability too
  • Options
    kinosh30kinosh30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TR since open beta.

Please save the Gwf's from extinction of the infamous (.ExE).

Thank you.
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd like for SE to respect Tenacity, and so would 54 other people.

Source: Poll
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    edited December 2014
    56 now...

Not just tenacity, like I mentioned above it breaks a ton of other mechanics as well... It just makes no sense...

They want it to deal more PVP damage than PVE damage, which I already dont get, but atleast let it respect tenacity amd other feats.

The simplist way to code this is just give SE 100% armor pen. Done.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    56 now...

Not just tenacity, like I mentioned above it breaks a ton of other mechanics as well... It just makes no sense...

They want it to deal more PVP damage than PVE damage, which I already dont get, but atleast let it respect tenacity amd other feats.

The simplist way to code this is just give SE 100% armor pen. Done.

Dont forget Invisible infiltrator so it doesnt stack 2 times with Bloodbath. Heck no clue why no one reported it yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Was in PvP again today, went up against an 8k GS TR with a blue weapon and no weapon enchant. He had rank 5s and could crit me on demand for over 20k (half my HP) as a 22k GS GWF with 26% tenacity.

If that was a 12k GS TR with even a lesser vorpal I could understand. Its a daily. But an 8k GS TR? I meam the guy probably hit 60 two days ago... Its just MORE than silly. Everytime this guy had his daily up, didnt matter what I was doing. Shocking me at 75% HP drops me below 25% and I have NO way to avoid or diminish that damage.

NO other class can just hit 60, walk into pvp and actually get a positive K/D ratio all because of 1 daily that ignores all types of mechanics and has 100% crit Chance....

This is just silly.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Dev's are literally ******ed
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Im a little surprised at the lack of DEV communication currently. I know its the holidays so I hope they get time off to be with families, however it seems they ARE reading the forums and we are getting a few responses.

The "TR changes" is something they said they would be reviewing and changing after the holidays - primarily the stealth change mechanics.

Something that also DESPERATELY needs attention is all this "piercing damage".

Also in reference to HRs, they added that "piercing damage" because they didnt want it hit twice by tenacity and DR. I dont know why that matters, seems they can just buff it up to give it a "net" with roughly the same.

When weapon enchants deal a % of weapon damage, its not piercing damage, when GWFs deal deep gash damage its not piercing, so I dont know why the HR piercing needs to be different. Just buff it up.

Currently the feat is:

Melee attacks do 40% more damage as piercing damage.

Make it something like:

Melee attacks do 60% more damage as physical damage. Does NOT ignore DR/Deflect/tenacity ETC.

From my experience, the only reason you want to bypass DR like this is to buff the class for PVP but leave it the same for PVE. Well PVE mobs and bosses have MUCH more HP than PVP players so this (to me) seems un-warranted.

This would be a nice PVE buff and would make the class roughly the same in PVP, except slightly worse versus tankier classes and slightly better versus non-tanky classes.
  • Options
    firefate1firefate1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the best thing to do is just quit the game. The devs do not want to balance the game. They are playing us like soccer balls. From one op class to another.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    firefate1 wrote: »
    the best thing to do is just quit the game. The devs do not want to balance the game. They are playing us like soccer balls. From one op class to another.

LOL! Yeah this unfortunately has been true for a while. Each module, some new OP class emerges. Everyone flocks to that class for 2 months, then they nerf it and make a new class OP. More people flock.

Sadly what this game really needs are things like this:

1) Artifacts and Arti-equip ALL should be bound to account. This promotes leveling and playing alt characters and re-using existing content.
    2) A "natural" way in game to farm RP. My solution to this is offer RP per EXP earned once lvl 60. Do a quest +4,300 RP is gained on ONE arti-equip. If you have 2 equipped, it splits the RP in half (so +4,300 total RP from EXP).
    3) RE-do existing T1 dungeons and make them scaled for end game/geared characters today (20k+) Offer new equipment rewards for that.
    4) Release New PVP maps, or the ability to do Foundry PVP.

Those 4 things would not only drastically increase popularity with this game, it would bring back users and make it more alt friendly, allowing players to have multiple characters again.

For the TR fix. They just need to remove ALL piercing damage from the game. That was a horrible idea to begin with.

For PVP. They need to double the effects of tenacity. for every 10% on the current system. It should grant 20% damage resist, while keeping the CC and crit the same.

Meaning if you have +10% base to all. But stack an additional +15% via tenacity you would have:
    +10+30% damage resist = 40% less damage from players
    10+15% Control resist = 25% less control resist from players
    10+15% Crit damage = 25% less crit damage from players

This actually translates to less DR than you think, but it would help ALOT.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    How many of these threads need to pop up about TR before they fix it?
  • Options
    eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Extra Credits did an interesting episode called "Perfect Imbalance" that may shed a little light on the changes to classes, and though I don't use SE myself (I chose Whisperknife) and I don't PvP (it's impossible to compete unless you have gold-ranked artifact equipment, so middling 15Kers like myself get mopped up like we're nothing), it does seem a little as though something's broken here. Still, has anyone tried to come up with countermeasures? Are there no tactical options at all?

Extra Credits video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    eiagra wrote: »
    Extra Credits did an interesting episode called "Perfect Imbalance" that may shed a little light on the changes to classes, and though I don't use SE myself (I chose Whisperknife) and I don't PvP (it's impossible to compete unless you have gold-ranked artifact equipment, so middling 15Kers like myself get mopped up like we're nothing), it does seem a little as though something's broken here. Still, has anyone tried to come up with countermeasures? Are there no tactical options at all?

Extra Credits video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w

Playing a GWF currently there literally is no counter. TR has like 5+dodges to escape/mitigate any encounter I have while waiting for their CDs ITC makes it impossible to hit while out of stealth. Bloodbath is ridiculous and can be chaned between combos. If not BB ive literally been crit(TRs get 100% chance in stealth) for my entire HP at full HP by a greater vorpal and rank 7s. No amount of defense/tenacity helps because it bypasses them all, not only that but sprint or Unstoppable both give me zero way to prevent or mitigate SE. It is a lock-on with infinite range.

GWF vs TR: 99 out of 100 the TR should win with EASE.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im a little surprised at the lack of DEV communication currently. I know its the holidays so I hope they get time off to be with families, however it seems they ARE reading the forums and we are getting a few responses.

The "TR changes" is something they said they would be reviewing and changing after the holidays - primarily the stealth change mechanics.

Something that also DESPERATELY needs attention is all this "piercing damage".

Also in reference to HRs, they added that "piercing damage" because they didnt want it hit twice by tenacity and DR. I dont know why that matters, seems they can just buff it up to give it a "net" with roughly the same.

When weapon enchants deal a % of weapon damage, its not piercing damage, when GWFs deal deep gash damage its not piercing, so I dont know why the HR piercing needs to be different. Just buff it up.

Currently the feat is:

Melee attacks do 40% more damage as piercing damage.

Make it something like:

Melee attacks do 60% more damage as physical damage. Does NOT ignore DR/Deflect/tenacity ETC.

From my experience, the only reason you want to bypass DR like this is to buff the class for PVP but leave it the same for PVE. Well PVE mobs and bosses have MUCH more HP than PVP players so this (to me) seems un-warranted.

This would be a nice PVE buff and would make the class roughly the same in PVP, except slightly worse versus tankier classes and slightly better versus non-tanky classes.
    The reason with the HR was to compensate for the low base damage of the melee weapons without unbalancing DPS vs PvE mobs and squishy PvP classes. Since they fixed it a while back Piercing Blades actually works well since it does 40% of post-mitigation damage as piercing so tankier classes still get some benefit from their higher DR.

The TR version fails because it's a flat damage bonus regardless of how much damage the triggering attack does. This is all kinds of wrong. Just making SO work like PB would be a huge improvement.

SE, on the other hand, is just broken and your suggestion of changing to 100% ArP is a good one.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder