test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics loading very poorly

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ever since I've started playing again the game's graphics have been all over the place. Textures that don't load, inventory item icons that disappear, etc... the only way to fix this is to hit escaped - which makes the game "darken" for a moment, and then once the menu goes away and everything brightens up again the textures and all the other missing stuff get loaded properly.

Needless to say it's annoying the hell out of me, since it completely breaks all immersion, and I find myself having to use the Escape fix dozens of times during play.
Is anyone else getting this? Is it an issue with my GTX 970? Or is something else causing it?
I remember my old computer's ATI card getting the occasional graphical glitch, but it was nowhere near this bad.
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is a problem with nvidia cards it seems. Set most of your settings to medium to low, and turn off all shadows. Seems to help a bit.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    There is a problem with nvidia cards it seems. Set most of your settings to medium to low, and turn off all shadows. Seems to help a bit.

I feared it was something like that. Thanks for the advice, I'll turn them down next time. (So far that's what I've been doing for the heroic encounters)
    Artificer.jpg
  • beltharrbeltharr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yeah that's why I build state of the art gaming systems, so I can run them looking like an Atari 2600.
    edited December 2014
    beltharr wrote: »
    yeah that's why I build state of the art gaming systems, so I can run them looking like an Atari 2600.

Not really helpful man. Here's the deal. There's a problem and we all know it. Chances are the dev's know it too. Until it's fixed, if it ever is, (another game I used to play had a problem with certain hardware making the video solid black screen, it's going on 5 years now and that one is still not fixed.), the best thing any of us can do is give advice to each other on a work around if there is one. It's not like I or most users here have access to the source code and can try to fix the graphics engine. Take this for what it is, users trying to help other users make the best out of things so that they can still have fun.
  • ivars70ivars70 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The same problem here with GTX 970. After start of Mod 5 most part of time I "fight" against graphics.
    I understand that game is free to play and I can't demand from support much.
    But from other side: the Nvidia cards not something rare and the solution to play this game - "lower all settings" not the best way to add more players or money in game.
  • ivars70ivars70 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even with shadows off and lower settings Temple of Tiamat:
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/Ivars70/p2_zps8320bcf2.png
    Only ESC helps or reset to defaults x times per run :(
    edited December 2014
    ivars70 wrote: »
    Even with shadows off and lower settings Temple of Tiamat:
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/Ivars70/p2_zps8320bcf2.png
    Only ESC helps or reset to defaults x times per run :(

Are your ui bars always in an odd spot? Have you moved them or the scaling intentionally? When you move the scaling it seems to upset a lot of stuff, I'd start there.