test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need better third artifact, suggestions?

greymarchten10greymarchten10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Wilds
My main, and ONLY NW toon is a HR. I have an epic Lantern of Revelation and epic Waters of Elah'zad. My third artifact is the Aurora's Whole Reams Catalogue. I want to replace the Aurora with a better artifact. I refuse to start a second toon to get the Sigil of the Hunter. I want to stick with only one toon. What artifact would you recommend that I can get fairly quickly to replace the Aurora? Remember: already have the Lantern, the Waters, and I refuse to get the Sigil of Hunter.
Post edited by greymarchten10 on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The artifact with power lifesteal and hp that you can obtain by PvPing
  • ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you do PvE, Heart of the Blue Dragon seems nice for the CA bonus. For PvP, yes, vanguard.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • greymarchten10greymarchten10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ychiaki wrote: »
    If you do PvE, Heart of the Blue Dragon seems nice for the CA bonus. For PvP, yes, vanguard.

Approximately how many hours of actual game-play would it take to get the Vanguard artifact?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Approximately how many hours of actual game-play would it take to get the Vanguard artifact?

From the start, ALOT....

I'm a trapper and found eye of lathander so I just opted for that instead of my vanguard. Archery and combat would appreciate the extra HP though.
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Vanguard's banner takes awhile to achieve depending on luck and how much you PvP. I will go a different route, and suggest the Kessells Spheres of Annihilation artifact. It isn't exactly cheap, but last I saw it was around the 2.5m mark. If you could get this it would give you power, armour penetration and combat advantage.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He hardly needs armor pen as a ranger.
    Go for the vanguard, while pvp ing you will have glory to buy some skull artifacts and refine it way faster especially with a x2 bonus weekend
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I refuse to start a second toon to get the Sigil of the Hunter. I want to stick with only one toon. What artifact would you recommend that I can get fairly quickly to replace the Aurora? Remember: already have the Lantern, the Waters, and I refuse to get the Sigil of Hunter.

Good news for you then: the requirement for IWD has been lowered so you only need one toon with 3 boons from either DR or Shar and 10k GS to get to IWD now. So I would get the Sigil of the Hunter if you don't have time/money to spend on a 3rd artifact.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Good news for you then: the requirement for IWD has been lowered so you only need one toon with 3 boons from either DR or Shar and 10k GS to get to IWD now. So I would get the Sigil of the Hunter if you don't have time/money to spend on a 3rd artifact.

Although you don't need two characters to get to IWD, you do need two characters who can access IWD to get the quest that gives you the class artifacts.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I happened upon a Lathander artifact. It stats up quite well for survivability, and if you get the set, it works well with Soulforged. You'll have to work your way up through the Dread Ring, forge the Platinum Gauntlet, then hope RNG favors you. It's a long shot, but through Dread Ring you can obtain many useful forms of Refining Points as you grind for the Artifact. Currently I have Waters/Lathander/GF Sigil, but may slog through some PVP(I'm a PVE guy) to get the Ravenskull.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just do the GG PVP Dailies every day, que at 10 minutes and your'e done. Pretty quickly you have your PvP Artifact.

Though I really think you should get a Thayan book of the Dead.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Although you don't need two characters to get to IWD, you do need two characters who can access IWD to get the quest that gives you the class artifacts.

Indeed that is correct and sadly a very silly restriction. I hadn't realised that my friend did not have the class artifact. Just assumed so as she was in IWD and only has one toon. I know many people that play just one toon. It is not fair that they should be punished and miss out on an artifact because they don't have a second toon. I myself originally had just one toon but rolled another HR to try my hand at pvp but with the state of imbalance over there I really wish I hadn't wasted my time with a second toon although it allowed me to get the Sigil of the Hunter.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.