test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mail bug

amazoncheesecakeamazoncheesecake Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have been unable to use my in game mail since 9/18/2014. I reported the issue to customer support. On 12/5/2014 They asked for screen shots. Four days after screen shots were sent Game Master Ichirou and Game Master Stryder admitted that there was a bug happening to my account and they advised that I contact bug support. On 12/09/2014 I contacted bug support. How long does it take them to fix bugs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If that is the screenshot you sent them - it is almost completely too small to be legible.
    Bug fixes depend entirely on priority.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have to agree with eldarth - I can't read the actual message. The only time I've ever had the red mail icon is when I've had too many mail messages and/or attachments in my inbox. In order to continue using mail, I had to first delete a number of mail messages.

If that is not the case for your particular situation, then I would I consider compressing the screen shot to more of a document-image-quality and resubmitting. Be aware it's now holiday time and C.S. may take a while to get back to you, due to not being in the office and then having to catch up after returning.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, can read typical "You must delete bla bla, before receive new mails" warning, but can't see any mail at all, so... :confused:
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sobac wrote: »
    Yeah, can read typical "You must delete bla bla, before receive new mails" warning, but can't see any mail at all, so... :confused:

That's exactly the bug. His inbox thinks it's full when in reality it's empty, so he can't receive messages (because "full") but can't delete messages to make room (because "empty"). At least, that's what it looks like to me.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • amazoncheesecakeamazoncheesecake Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I grabbed wrong file and it will not allow me to edit. Here is screen shot that I sent.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Out of curiosity, what happens when you use the auction house? Do you not get stuff in the mail even for that? Or does it allow system messages through but not player-sent messages?
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited December 2014
    It allows AH as incoming mail but does not allow anything else.
    edited December 2014
    Interesting... have you tried the gateway? Sometimes you can see the mail messages in gateway but not in game, which would allow you to delete. (Can't grab any attachments from the gateway, though) http://gateway.playneverwinter.com
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, blackjackwidow. I accessed my mail using gate way and was able to delete 15 messages from gold sellers. That did not fix the problem but allowed me to see that my items still existed in the mail box. Thank you, amvek. I went through messages in my mail box and checked to see if they were on my ignore list. One of my friends was on my ignore list even though they are still on my friends list. I removed them from my ignore list and I was able to access my mail.
    edited December 2014
    Thank you to everyone that replied and helped.
    edited December 2014
    So glad you were able to get it taken care of. It is sooo frustrating when something like that happens and seemingly nothing can be done.