test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feasible PVE permastealth build?

lordoadumbratelordoadumbrate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hello Fellow Rogues

With the changes to feats introduced in mod 5, I have been working on getting my rogue into perfect form (THANK GOD I CAN NOW PVE WITHOUT HAVING TO POP A HEAL EVERYTIME THE POT IS OFF COOLDOWN!)

Anyways after looking at mantis's build, I decided to respec and rework my rogue as well. I followed his suggestion in putting my points into strength (for damage) and into intelligence (for cool down).

However, after looking at the feats, I wondered if there was a way I could improve the build/create a whole new build. When looking at mantis's feat sheet, I wondered whether it would be better to take points out of the executioner tree and instead invest 5 of the points into the feat which gives us back x% of stealth back from using gloaming cut. Since gloaming cut doesn't take stealth when used, I figured it would maybe work as the core for my build.
Post edited by lordoadumbrate on

Comments

• lordoadumbratelordoadumbrate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here is the build:

Basic Character Details:

CharacterSheet_zps288ae37f.jpg~original

Have not completed a set yet, which I am trying to do at moment...Specifically trying to complete Corrupt Ice set...
    Most of my enchantments are Dark in order to raise my armor penetration to the soft cap, however based upon whatever set I eventually get, this may change.

Feats:

FeatSheet_zps9da0e879.jpg~original

General Feats:

1st Tier Heroic
    • Toughness 3/3: Increases your maximum hit points by 3/6/9%.
    • Weapon Mastery 2/3: Increases your critical strike chance by 1/2%.

2nd Tier Heroic
    • Swift Footwork 2/5: Your stamina regenerates 2/4% faster.
    • Cunning Ambusher 3/3: You deal 2/4/6% for 6 seconds after leaving stealth. *Would probably take these points out and put them in Swift Footwork due to I am usually attacking from stealth.

3rd Tier Heroic
    • Endless Assault 3/3: Your Encounter powers deal 2/4/6% more damage. *Maybe take these points and put them into Lucky Skirmisher and make it 3/3 and put the remaining 2 points into Twilight Adept since the only damage dealing encounter I am thinking of using is lashing blade at the moment.
    • Lucky Skirmisher 2/3: Increases your deflection chance by 1/2/3%.

4th Tier Heroic
    Improved Cunning Sneak 5/5: Your stealth lasts 4/8/12/16/20% longer.

Saboteur feats:

Shady Preparations: Entering Stealth reduces all your cooldowns by 2/4/6/8/10%. *Probably would switch this to the other saboteur feat since this build spends most of its time in stealth. However would need to see if the other feat works since the main drawing of it is doing more damage while stealth is not filled. Would need to see if that works while in stealth.

Sneaky Stabber: Your gloaming cut now restores 2/4/6/8/10% of your stealth meter.

Executioner feats:

Arterial Cut: You have 3/6/9/12/15% increased Critical Severity while Stealthed.

Vicious Pursuit: When you deal damage, your target takes 1/2/3/4/5% more damage from you for 6 seconds. Effect does not stack.

Last Moments: You deal 5/10/15/20/25% more damage to foes who are below 40% HP. This threshold is increased to 70% while you are stealthed.

Exposed Weakness: Stealth also causes you to ignore 5/10/15/20/25% of your target's armor.

Shadow of Demise: Dealing damage from Stealth places "Shadow of Demise" on the target for 6 seconds. When Shadow of Demise end the target takes 50% of the damage the Rogue dealt as Piercing Damage. Piercing damage cannot be deflected and ignores armor.

Battle Strategy:

The main focus of this build was trying to do the most damage as possible. Since, as mantis pointed out, we now have 100% critical chance while stealthed, it made sense to me to try and prolong my time in stealth as possible. Also, gloaming cut does not deplete our stealth meter, and with sneaky stabber, actually refills it.

I have as of yet figured out what powers I will be using during battles, but two powers that will be of utmost importance are: gloaming cut and shadow strike. Gloaming cut is the main source of damage due to doing, with current build, about 4-5k damage on the first strike and increasing in damage every subsequent strike. Shadow Strike, with a cool down of 12.7 seconds, is my emergency refill power that allows me to refill my stealth when it is almost depleted.

As for the other powers, my passives/class powers are skillful and invisible infiltrator (skillful because it is a given for a Master infiltrator and Invisible in order to keep my stealth meter filled). Dailies are Whirlwind of Blades and Shocking execution. As for the other encounter powers, I am still somewhat experimenting. At the moment, I am using SS, Bait and Switch and Lashing blade. I use bait and switch when I am almost out of stealth and then use Lashing blade when my stealth is low again. Then use SS to refill stealth.

BATTLE ROTATION:
    After experimenting with my build a little more, I think I have come to a conclusion on what powers to use during a rotation.

At-wills:
    Gloaming Cut (Main Ability)
    2ndary At-Will (depends on how user wishes to use it)

Encounters:
    Shadow Strike (Our return stealth meter power as well as keeping stealth up encounter)
    Path of Blade/Smoke Bomb/Bait and Switch
    (Depending on how you want to deal with situations where your stealth runs out and SS needs time to finish cooling off, we have three choices. Either we can use B&S to set up a decoy, generate AP and refill stealth, set off POB and gain AP while doing damage, or, if enemies are in a cluster, set off Smoke bomb and deal a good deal of damage while generating AP, doing damage and Dazing opponents until SS is back up.
    3rd Encounter Power (I usually use Lashing Blade since it is a good damage dealer overall and becomes excellent from stealth)

Dailies:
    Whirlwind of Blades
    (The extra damage is always nice and helps Gloaming cut do more damage)
    Shocking Execution
    (Great for using on low HP enemies since we gain another use of it)

Passives:
    Master Infiltrator (The one that gives run speed, crit and deflection...Staple MI passive)
    Invisible Infiltrator
    (Allows us to refill stealth meter by using dailies)

(Continued in Next Post)
  • lordoadumbratelordoadumbrate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Boons

DreadRingBoons_zpsa4dc1db2.jpg?t=1419218624

SharandarBoons_zpsd64959ac.jpg?t=1419218621
    *Work in Progress*

IWDBoons_zps08839a1f.jpg?t=1419218622
    *Almost Finished, Just need 50 more rep*

ToDBoons_zps91d94e5c.png?t=1419218620

Ending
    So, if anyone wishes to try out this build idea, please try it out and let me know what you think about it. Also if you have any ideas on ways to improve it, I am open to ideas as long as they are building upon what I have. I do not wish to have comments that say this build doesn't work without any proof. If the build doesn't work, tell me why so that I may be able to help you make it work or so that I know I have something to fix.
    Thank You.
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    congrtz
    wish you all the best with this new build

any videos of you in action???
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Roll a WK, go Saboteuer.

Class features: First Strike, Dagger Threat
    Encounters: BnS, SS, VP
    At-wills: CoS, Disheartening Strike
    Dailies: Lurker's Assault / BB

So how do you pull this off?

1. Enter stealth, throw DHS
    2. Fling CoS... fling fling fling fling....
    3. throw VP, proc OWtS
    4. fling fling fling fling fling...
    5. Use BnS, back to full stealth
    6. fling fling fling fling fling fling....
    7. throw SS, back to full stealth
    8. fling a bit slower, or not at all, wait for OWtS to be back up
    9. OWtS is up... fling fling...
    10. throw VP, proc OWtS..
    11. fling fling fling fling fling...
    12. SS is back up.. throw SS, full stealth
    13. fling fling fling fling fling...
    14. BnS is back up... BnS, fill stealth
    15. fling fling fling fling....

This is about as easy as it gets, makes full use of Shadowy Opportunity-boosted CoS shots, which will land approx. 4~5k per pop after the stack bonus reaches full, gives you a 5.5k DHS per tick.. no movement, no fancy stuff, just cycling stealth refillers and using one at-will attack for damage.

It's so powerful and yet so goddarn easy, that later on you begin to refuse using it further... just to boring.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited December 2014
    Not yet...Just did a temple of Tiamat...Lost but with how it is at the moment that is to be expected (some people just don't know how to use the artifacts!)...

Anyways was able to get 18 on the board with 160k damage...Yeah I need to work on it but I think this build will work.

Will work on getting some video soon...What should I showcase? This is my first build so I haven't really done anything like this before...