test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR armor sets

grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
So, I have been thinking (dangerous I know) about TR armor sets. I have been using the profound executioner set since last spring. I put my Swashbuckler set in the vault and it has sat there ever since. I have some of the corrupted Black Ice set, and I have various pieces of both draconic and draconic-Templar sets, but not convinced I want nor need any of those sets to do my role in PVP or PVE.

My main thought is: OK, so I'm a TR. I am a stealth based character. My damage boosts from executioner build while in stealth and crit/crit severity, etc, are all better in stealth. So while I can not be in stealth 100% of the time, I do like to maximize the damage I do while I am in stealth and with the new stealth regen, even without SS and bait and switch, I feel I am in stealth a lot more.

The bonus of having the Profound sets are the 7.5% more damage while in stealth (significant) and the 30% more stealth meter (also sig. imo)

So why would I want to give up those 2 bonuses for anything else?

I have had no problem with being top damage and often also top kills.

I run an MI-X (Master Infiltrator Executioner) build that is fun (even if not Godmode) in PVP as well as PVE.

I have purple main and off arti weapons with 1st strike and DF class skill boosts.

rumor has it that we will be getting a Drow set with a slight boost to the profound set and similar bonuses as well as some overload slots. Which to me would be worthy of upgrading to. I do not see any reason to wear any of the other sets since profound sets though, am I crazy? (well I am insane but that's another story)

I don't care about having 24k GS, as it is I think my GS is around 20k.
Post edited by grimelrok on

Comments

• johnnyggacjohnnyggac Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I to would like to know what sets are the best and how gear score is affected (i got swash 4p).
    Profound seems the best choice for Sabs (not sure about exec), but it seems like a total pain to get it (any tips about that? ^^).

Also is there any propper guide(s) for TR?
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    like most things in NW, it just takes time to earn. Put in the time doing your PVP quests daily, DOM and GG. Make sure you turn them in after you complete them so you can pick them up again the next day, they give u glory, pvp seals for the gear and RAD.

If you do them daily you can get the full sets in 2-3 weeks (don't get the pvp daggers imo) just the head, chest, boots and gloves. When I had more time I used to grind 25-30k a day in glory for the crystal skulls to feed power artifacts with.

It may take longer depending on your wins and scores. I mostly solo pug, but if you go in with a group of your friends you can have some fun win/lose. Most of the people I used to play with have all quit many moons ago. But I still enjoy the game.

here's a PVE build link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?804961-mantisa-PVE-executioner-module-5-build

there are tons of guides out there, just google: Neverwinter Mod5 TR PVP build (or PVE etc) and if you want to ensure you're looking at mostly current stuff filter by past week or month.

Someday I'll join a guild and maybe learn how to be pro, but I've had fun facerolling on my HR, GWF or TR when I do get time to play.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    for the daggers, I recommend doing the ToD campaign and working to get your main and offhand artis from there. Until then if you have a good group, go do Castle Never till you get the daggers, or if you have AD to spend you can buy the Castle Never daggers on the AH (Ancient Spymasters?) not sure how far along in the ToD campaign you are. As far as what class skill bonuses on the artis, (and you'll want to get them to purple via RP if u can during the upcoming 2X RP event) that really depends on your play style, chosen build, etc. I went with First strike on my offhand because I'm enjoying the first strike class feature a lot right now, and I went with the Duelist Flurry main because I find it a powerful skill in both PVE and PVP. Since I will likely have them for a long while, I wanted to be sure they were helpful regardless of my overall spec. I can at least swap out the First strike for some AD as I had to unlock most of them till I got the 1st Strike bonus anyway, the main though I'd have to get and level a whole different dagger arti. I wish they had the option to tweak with the cubes on both main and offhand artifacts.
  • johnnyggacjohnnyggac Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grimelrok wrote: »
    like most things in NW, it just takes time to earn. Put in the time doing your PVP quests daily, DOM and GG. Make sure you turn them in after you complete them so you can pick them up again the next day, they give u glory, pvp seals for the gear and RAD.

If you do them daily you can get the full sets in 2-3 weeks (don't get the pvp daggers imo) just the head, chest, boots and gloves. When I had more time I used to grind 25-30k a day in glory for the crystal skulls to feed power artifacts with.

It may take longer depending on your wins and scores. I mostly solo pug, but if you go in with a group of your friends you can have some fun win/lose. Most of the people I used to play with have all quit many moons ago. But I still enjoy the game.

here's a PVE build link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?804961-mantisa-PVE-executioner-module-5-build

there are tons of guides out there, just google: Neverwinter Mod5 TR PVP build (or PVE etc) and if you want to ensure you're looking at mostly current stuff filter by past week or month.

Someday I'll join a guild and maybe learn how to be pro, but I've had fun facerolling on my HR, GWF or TR when I do get time to play.

I've seen mantisa's build yeah, but i cant rly find any guide. If its not much trouble could link some for me?
    Which set would you deem as the best and why? Im talking about pve only/mostly