test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple Fix for TR Shocking Execution

jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
Poll Options:
1) Yes, Shocking Execution should at least respect Tenacity.
2) No, Shocking Execution should not respect Tenacity, but should otherwise have its damage reduced.
3) No, Shocking Execution damage is fine as is.

Reason for Poll:

The imposed ~20% damage reduction to Shocking Execution (SE) failed to address the issue where this daily is inflicting obscene amounts of damage in PvP. Moreover, this nerf extended into PvE which was not necessary.
The simple fix?

Change SE to respect Tenacity.

This would not encroach on PvE at all and would reduce the 40-50k critical hits that SE is capable of and often inflicts on PvP players to strong, but not one-shot inducing 22.5-28.1k hits. Is this still too strong? Maybe, but it's much better than what's happening right now.

The math?

A simple formula for how much damage you take on critical hits in PvP is,
DMG*(1-DR)(1-TDR)(1-TCDR),

where DMG is the attack's base un-mitigated damage, DR is the difference between your Damage Resistance and your attacker's Armor Penetration percentage, TDR is your Tenacity Damage Resistance, and TCDR is your Tenacity Critical Damage Resistance.

With the new update to Tenacity and eventual Drow sets, a typical end game player will be sitting around 25% (1k Tenacity) and given that SE ignores DR, the equation becomes,
DMG*(1-.25)(1-.25),

which equates to mitigating ~44% of a critical hit's damage. By simply allowing SE to respect Tenacity, the daily will still remain a very powerful tool for focusing a single, heavy armored target, but will no longer be an "I win button."
Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
#BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
PpkM0MK.png

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Voted 1 for sure.

Adding my own 2 cents though: Shocking Execution should be an Execution ability like it used to be and the 3 nerfs handed to Lurkers could be lifted making it the PvE DPS daily instead. Esp since the new stealth makes Lurkers near pointless outside exploiting a stealth bar bug with encounters in PvP.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SE should respect tenacity for sure. As well as DR buffs such as block and unstoppable/sprint/shadow slip. Those are the only evasive maneuvers for GF, GWF and SW classes and shouldn't be ignored. Other classes have their dodge immunity and SE doesn't ignore them. Let's be fair to all.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am really tired of certain mechanics being ignored with the last 2 modules there is something added that bypasses everything that has been for balance purposes.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bring me down thread again for TR why there's no thread for artifact of the artifact of the artifacts nerf I think this is the culprit for OPness Ive been 1 shot by a DC dps and a GwF and and cant win 1v1 with HR. SW 2 shots I'm dead Cant defeat GF even if I use daily's.
    Most class are OP right now except for SW.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grac3n77 wrote: »
    Bring me down thread again for TR why there's no thread for artifact of the artifact of the artifacts nerf I think this is the culprit for OPness Ive been 1 shot by a DC dps and a GwF and and cant win 1v1 with HR. SW 2 shots I'm dead Cant defeat GF even if I use daily's.
    Most class are OP right now except for SW.

If you are TR and can't defeat other class in equal GS the prob is not TR this class is OP right now
    the real prob is your PVP skilp is suck
    tenacity was not only reduce damage TR but all class
    this is cannot be mention as nerf for TR
    TR still OP than other class
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everything should respect tenacity. Otherwise, remove tenacity from the game.

(IMO -without regard to its history in other games- tenacity is a lazy attempt to balance pvp without impacting pve. It is VERY lazy. ALL effects should have a vs mob and a vs player attribute, and they should be entirely different. Which would make tenacity irrelevant and remove most of the friction between pvp players and pve players. Devs would have to put in some overtime and do some hardcore recoding. But if they had just done that when it needed doing, they would have saved themselves countless hours of redoing things, and a lot of bad press. As someone said.. it is the laziest man of all... who does it right the first time.)
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    it should respect every ****ing defensive mechanism there is
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    no choice for me to chose from
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This game offers classes with powers that don't (and have never done) what you want them to do. Find the game that was written for you, maybe? =)
  • Options
    brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited December 2014
    As a TR who mainly does PvE but dabbles in PvP I feel like SE should respect DR and Tenacity and have its damage bumped up a hell of a lot because currently SE does less than Lashing Blade in PvE.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    As a TR who mainly does PvE but dabbles in PvP I feel like SE should respect DR and Tenacity and have its damage bumped up a hell of a lot because currently SE does less than Lashing Blade in PvE.
    well if it does lest than lashing blade fin pvp then maybe lashing blade needs a dmg nerf?f
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    or they could make SE 50% piercing 50% normal damage, that way it woulnt be so op while still dealing decent damage to tanks
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    "No, Shocking Execution damage is fine as is"
    lulz, i just saw f2pma is one of the voters.
    gg nub, youre playing an op class.
  • Options
    brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited December 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    well if it does lest than lashing blade fin pvp then maybe lashing blade needs a dmg nerf?f

Thats not what I said I said it does less damage in PvE not PvP, lashing blade is fine at the moment
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Make Tenacity have double the effect on SE for all I care, just don't ef it up for PVE again.
    Ice Knife does about the same damage in PVE as Shocking Execution, so Shocking Execution, as damage, is in no way OP, it's just the fact that it's not affected by DR.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thats not what I said I said it does less damage in PvE not PvP, lashing blade is fine at the moment

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Mz. deals 28918 (38411) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Valar_Morghulis deals 24871 (42007) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Valar_Morghulis deals 28896 (48805) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Valar_Morghulis deals 30449 (51496) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

^^^^

i agree.Lashing blade is fine.51k damage for an encounter is just too little :( for a striker.
    TRs are strikers and are fine.They just need a buff to their damage.

my proposition is Lashing blade to ge a buff to 25% and ignore all resistances.just like SE.
    cause poor TRs are too squishy outside stealth.

Also TRs have only 6 dodges.That's just too little imo.12 dodges will be fine.

And why CWs have control and dps?Trs are only strikers.Should be Tricksters too.

My honest proposition :) for the improvement of the class.

New feat:

Tricky Troll:You have mastered trolls long enough and now you have access to their powers;You are a true troll on the batllefield.With each att-will attack from stealth you gain a stack of Tricky Troll.Max 5 stacks.
    Tricky Troll stack:You steal 300gs random stats by your opponent.Max 5 stacks.Trick troll stack can crit.Max amount of gs you can steal per stack:2000 gs.

Stealthed:You gain 5 stacks at once and add the stolen gs stats to yours.

New Power:

Trolish Cunning:You might be clueless as a Trickster but you are a troll nonetheless;You strike your opponent with trolish fury with a series of fast satisfying attacks.Each attack bleeds your opponent by 5x your power.
    This effect stacks up to 4 times.Cannot exceed in damage the 185% of your max hp.

Stealthed:Additionally now you daze for 14 secs.

New Daily:

Revenge of the Troll:you have suffered long enough .Time to revenge all other classs that looked dawn on you:You jump in the air with lighting speed and then land upside dawn holding both your daggers in a manga fashion:You deal 225% of your hp in damage.This damage cannot be resisted or deflected.

Stealthed:Now you strike with additional 1500% critical severity.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It should have it's base damage reduced with mechanism that SE had before M5 i.e. increased damage the more the less hp the target has. It should work like an execution ffs.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for all of your participation so far.

One thing I would like to emphasize is that this poll/thread concerns Shocking Execution, not Lashing Blade or any other mechanics of the TR class.

If you would like to discuss other aspects of the TR class, you are welcome to create a new thread or perhaps one has already been made such as,

but please focus your posts on your experience with Shocking Execution in M5 and constructive feedback on how it can be balanced should you feel it necessary.

Thanks
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Like I said, this should be done about SE:
    zvieris wrote: »
    SE should respect tenacity for sure. As well as DR buffs such as block and unstoppable/sprint/shadow slip. Those are the only evasive maneuvers for GF, GWF and SW classes and shouldn't be ignored. Other classes have their dodge immunity and SE doesn't ignore them. Let's be fair to all.
  • Options
    faziskontrasztfaziskontraszt Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2014
    I think it's not a bad idea that it ignores defenses, the damage can be a bit over the top however. How about reworking first strike instead? I think it's the major part of the issue.
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    where is respect DR/Tenacity/deflect option?
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    where is respect DR/Tenacity/deflect option?

included in 1st option i guess. op just listed the bare minimum for a change
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Make Tenacity have double the effect on SE for all I care, just don't ef it up for PVE again.
    Ice Knife does about the same damage in PVE as Shocking Execution, so Shocking Execution, as damage, is in no way OP, it's just the fact that it's not affected by DR.
    cc have less defensive tools than rogues and rogues, as i watched from sic's stream can solo cn. So you guys are overpowered in pve also. You can tank and do the highest amount of damage
  • Options
    darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That solo cn was during the SoD bug. I voted 2. Something has to counter the tank builds.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    darkballad wrote: »
    That solo cn was during the SoD bug. I voted 2. Something has to counter the tank builds.

Of course! I just got hit by 49k SE at the start of the match.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I think it's not a bad idea that it ignores defenses, the damage can be a bit over the top however. How about reworking first strike instead? I think it's the major part of the issue.
    first strike would guarantee a one hit but, in pvp, dazing and then using SE does the job. No skill should ignore defense/deflection/tenacity. It is a bad idea and only tr's can support this because ofc, they want to be overpowered.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    darkballad wrote: »
    lol you know what counters the tank builds? ****ing armor pen and other thinks that reduce defenses. I bet you aren't for something/a stat or armor enchantment countering or reducing the deflection chance. I think that anvil of doom should become a piercing damage so that "something can counter" rogues itc and high deflection. Would you think that is a good idea? or maybe every class should have a one shot daily that ignores all defenses because lets be real rogues still have the best defensive mech in the game. If you have a problem with high dr stack armor pen and use terror. I mean in pvp it is common sense to hit the soft cap for high armor pen. Tell me how other class can counter deflection? You are full of ****.