test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gift pets BoP?

onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Aren't gift drops supposed to be BoP? I've received a LOT of unbound pets. I'm not complaining, just a mite confused. The Gift vendor states drops are BoP, but my mileage evidently varies....
Post edited by onecoolscatcat on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Complaints about the pig companion being BoP, now it's complaints on BoE companions. Which is it..?
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Complaints about the pig companion being BoP, now it's complaints on BoE companions. Which is it..?
    I'm not complaining, just a mite confused.

see above :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like complaining otherwise why post.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stah01 wrote: »

To me it sounded more like he wanted to make sure this is by design so he doesn't run afoul of Cryptic's error clean ups, that while appreciated in concept do have a tendency to be heavy-handed and painful for a lot of people who weren't exploiting.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    stah01 wrote: »

Any baggage you bring to those 4 sentences is your own.
    canis36 wrote: »
    To me it sounded more like he wanted to make sure this is by design so he doesn't run afoul of Cryptic's error clean ups, that while appreciated in concept do have a tendency to be heavy-handed and painful for a lot of people who weren't exploiting.

This, and before submitting a bug report I'd like to know if it's WAI. This isn't NW's first contradictory message.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sounds like he's unsure what it is supposed to be and doesn't want ot be banned for exploiting a bug if its supposed to be bop and not boe.

I am sure they are meant to be boe, very worst boa.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any baggage you bring to those 4 sentences is your own.

This, and before submitting a bug report I'd like to know if it's WAI. This isn't NW's first contradictory message.

Why would you submit a bug report if it wasn't intended =/

Definitely glad I've kept another hiccup tightly sealed ^_^. Though haven't actually used it myself so far.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Aren't gift drops supposed to be BoP? I've received a LOT of unbound pets. I'm not complaining, just a mite confused. The Gift vendor states drops are BoP, but my mileage evidently varies....

No need to worry, if you're receiving bind on equip mounts and companions from Starlight Parcels that's as intended. To clarify the Starlight Giftmaster's explanation: the contents of Starlight Bags are always bind on pickup. Starlight Bags are sometimes received from friends when they open a Gift of Simril with you. Since these are items you received from friends, you wouldn't want to sell or regift them would you?

On the other hand, the bind status of contents of a Starlight Parcels which you have purchased or received free from the Giftmaster vary based on item. Generally speaking, the bind status of items found in the parcel is the same as the bind status on the item should you have found it elsewhere, such as during the original event in which it was available.

Thank you for being forthright with your concerns, we hope you continue to enjoy this year's Festival of Simril!
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    asterdahl wrote: »
    Since these are items you received from friends, you wouldn't want to sell or regift them would you?

Well, yes because this is a game and such social considerations and etiquette aren't held to the same level as RL.

Besides, if RL gifts worked like these and randomly contained something of potential value but of no practical use, the person I gifted it to would have my full support in selling it.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    asterdahl wrote: »
    No need to worry, if you're receiving bind on equip mounts and companions from Starlight Parcels that's as intended. To clarify the Starlight Giftmaster's explanation: the contents of Starlight Bags are always bind on pickup. Starlight Bags are sometimes received from friends when they open a Gift of Simril with you. Since these are items you received from friends, you wouldn't want to sell or regift them would you?

On the other hand, the bind status of contents of a Starlight Parcels which you have purchased or received free from the Giftmaster vary based on item. Generally speaking, the bind status of items found in the parcel is the same as the bind status on the item should you have found it elsewhere, such as during the original event in which it was available.

Thank you for being forthright with your concerns, we hope you continue to enjoy this year's Festival of Simril!

Thanks for the clarification. The bind status sucks imo, but it's good to know how it works.

So that means that we should redeem our vouchers, save the parcels, open any bags we get first and then at the end or after we opened 20 bags, we can start opening the parcels.