test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help me understand the Tiamat Changes

jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So, prior to today's patch, it was extremely hard, but not impossible to get a team of 5 or more into the same instance (the most we ever got in was about 14). The big point being, folks want to play with their friends and want to set up properly balanced teams for proper debuffs. Basically you had to zone in, watch for 0 instances to show up and call it out and have people switch to the proper instance. Call it a poor mans queue. It wasn't perfect, didn't always work, but at least we could play with some of our friends.

So then there was all this talk about adding a queue and at least allowing a team of 5 to enter together. Much to my dismay, this was not added on this patch. To add further insult to injury, they took away our ability to switch zones. Tried it 4 times today, zoning in at the same time at different entry times and never was able to get in with any of my friends.

So someone help me understand how these new changes are an improvement in any way shape for form for anyone be it pug, low GS, high GS, guilds etc?

It seems to me there is some big disconnect between what will improve the playability and what actually gets implemented. Whoever is in charge of directing these changes needs to spend a whole lot more time interacting with the folks and guilds that are actually playing the game.
Post edited by jondbx on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People will no longer be able to abandon their instances and swap to a better one to win their favor or swap if their instance is bugged. On the minus side, people will just afk instead. Even if there was an afk penalty people would either fake activity or just leave since the important thing is the favor.
  • Options
    squallyposquallypo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i know this is not related but does anyone know how to fix the game freeze after the first opening scene? i cant create my first character at all! no matter what i do, if i press esc or wait till the cutscene is over it simple freezes.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They blew it big time with this patch........
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    They blew it big time with this patch........

Understatement of the month.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tons of gold now in the lobby. But no campfire.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's one - right in the center.
    It just doesn't look like a campfire.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    or just call tiamat a day once uve got ur offhand and 6th boon with ur main..... not really feel like grinding for the 7th boon as there isnt much that appeals me for the work.

after 2 x rp weekend ill basically be waiting for mod 6.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the world's economy is not improoving, the money for on-line games is decreasing day by day, and the NW gods have to take drastic measures to just survive!!

Ummm, I don't know about the world's economy, but the US economy is doing very well - best job growth rate in 2014 that we've had in many years! Don't know if that will be sustained, but it seems to be looking better at least in the US.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2014
    jondbx wrote: »
    So someone help me understand how these new changes are an improvement in any way shape for form for anyone be it pug, low GS, high GS, guilds etc?
    If you think the devs we're stuck with have any interest in improving anything, you haven't been here long enough yet.
    I love to burst bubbles.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For me, Tiamat is the same challenge as before. I've already got the off-hand and cloak. Yes, it can be a bit random but keep at it and you'll get more wins than losses, especially as the general population are getting the hang of it. Not really noticed a change in AFKers but I support the block on instance flipping. .