test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DT/GW replace DL/GW?

kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Wilds
Draconic Templar / Grand Warden replacing Dread Legion / Grand Warden set? What u guys think? IMO it give more power and crit with sacrifice of armor pen and lifesteal.
Post edited by kangkeok on

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    IMO the AP sacrifice is too steep. I don't rely on lifesteal much: I prefer regen, since when I'm really getting beaten up I'm not so much attacking as dodging. The best combination I've come up with so far is GW head and armor and Fabled Iliyanbruen arms and feet. That said, my HR is built for maximum tankiness to cope with Tiamat as well as with PUGs. It comes in handy when the rest of the party wipes on a boss and I can dodge around until they can regroup and run back from the campfire.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I use this combo. I would prefer the DL/GW, but not too interested in running VT x amount of times.

Works fine, it isnt optimal, but Ive never had trouble clearing any content I attempted. Just need to balance stats with arti/enchants/accessories/pets once you pick which main gear/stat layout you want.

If I really cared about set bonuses though, I would have to go Royal Guard w/ trapper.

Archer IDK maybe ximaes BI for overload slots. I think ill try GW full this week and see how it works with my rotation.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Iwould actually use 2 templar 2 DL.. hich crit, power , good arp and ls.

I would actually change my 2 draconic for 2 templar for daily farming if i hadnt invested in power kits.
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kangkeok wrote: »
    Draconic Templar / Grand Warden replacing Dread Legion / Grand Warden set? What u guys think? IMO it give more power and crit with sacrifice of armor pen and lifesteal.

I'm using Dread Legion chest + arms, and Grand Warden head + feet, and so far that's the best combination I could come up with, however that might not be true in your case.

If you decide to go with Draconic Templar/Grand Warden, I believe you can make up for lost Armour Penetration with new personalised rings from Jewelcrafting, as well as Life Steal.

On a side note, Draconic Templar's 2of4 set bonus is horrid, in my humble opinion.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    Iwould actually use 2 templar 2 DL.. hich crit, power , good arp and ls.

I would actually change my 2 draconic for 2 templar for daily farming if i hadnt invested in power kits.

I'm actually using DT/DL the stat outlay is pretty good. Somehow I ended up short on ArPen. Currently using a Ring of Suffering and red dragon glyph to cover the difference. I'll probably move to Personalized Archmage to fill it in and post a build. DT is arguably the best overload gear, BI has more power but less crit....
  • Options
    reemusbodeemusreemusbodeemus Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm going for head and chest DT and keeping my CBI for hands and feet. This yields more power than any other combo. I've got crit and arp running out of my ears with other gear and just got my arty offhand which put my lifesteal over 10%. The only issue with this combo for me is low recovery which could push me over to the DT bracers and keep the CBI chest. That's all depending on what spec I'm running at the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Admittedly running Trapper recovery is less of an issue. At 2k you can perma-cycle encounters given sufficient targets. Since, in the words of Clauswitz, 'no plan survives engaggement with the enemy' I like to have 2.4k or so to cover 'oopsies'. So in gear I target crit>POW>most everything else because they will come up casually anyway. CBI has a little more power. DT has a little more crit. Given that you can slide points on accessories and augment I prefer the DT TO THE CBI but they are both BIS depending on build if you want glyphs.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Using DL head and boots, and DT chest and arms. The setup works perfectly for me. Gives me more stats to play about with, and the loss of armour pen is next to nothing. I gained HP, power, crit, etc. over a small loss in arm pen? Yes please! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    But head and arms doubles the number of glyphs you can slot.....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If u are going for power and crit..Head and chest is the only way for DT. At least u still get 1 glyph slot from head. IMO BiS with DT i think is DT/BI from the discussion above. I m lazy to use BI so i ma go DT/DL like ximae say.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I would still go dt hood/bracers dl chest/boots... 2 overloads is better than what ever slight power loss there is.

Actually still trying to get the god **** hood and switch over to that setup for my daily farming.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    nah..i m too lazy to go for something that need upkeep..else i would go for DT/BI instead..
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    I would still go dt hood/bracers dl chest/boots... 2 overloads is better than what ever slight power loss there is.

Actually still trying to get the god **** hood and switch over to that setup for my daily farming.

I went ahead and bought it. I'm not even sure I want to finish the last boon. Maybe if they Fix Tiamat. Otherwise I'm taking my gear and walking...
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've decided to go with DT head and chest paired with Corrupted Black Ice gloves and boots. I lose some ArP and Lifesteal which I can manage fine and actually gain Crit, Power, Defence and HP. Bought the chest piece a short while ago and I'm hoping that the head piece will be in the coffer at some stage soon. Both DT gloves and boots lack Power, which I don't like. Both DT and CBI 2p bonuses are meh but the overall stats more than make up for it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.