test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are Empire Treasures or Queen's Dragon Key worth making?

chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wondering if it's worth the investment to make either of these in WOD?
Post edited by chestnut13 on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No
    ~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The book goes for about 30K in AH. So you come out ahead a bit if you want, and can use, the book (you need to get the last two mod 4 boons before you can get the mod 5 boon). And if you want the Templar armor set, then probably worthwhile. Otherwise, not worth it.
  • Options
    juanlu311juanlu311 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The answer is an enfatic NO
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Key gets you either Dragon Templar Arms, Incantations of the Dragon Queen, or random artifact belt. If you want the arms or the book or don't have an artifact belt you want yet, go for it.

Empire Treasure give you 200 pts for the horde reclamation, for basically the daily tokens you get by completing the daily's in WoD and 2g. So if you have no other use for cult secrets, dragon idols or dragon fangs, getting a free 200 pt every 20 hrs isn't that bad a deal.

If none of those items are of interest, you can skip making them.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Empire Treasures are worth doing, and it is worth getting 1 Tiamat key. Only use the key when there is something useful in the chest (I used one to grab a Black Ice Cloak yesterday).
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Empire Treasures are worth doing, and it is worth getting 1 Tiamat key. Only use the key when there is something useful in the chest (I used one to grab a Black Ice Cloak yesterday).

Yeah totally worth 8 days of treasure for 1 linus favor when to unlock the task you need 5.

Advice: Pretend prevent tiamats return isn't there. Well I guess (unless they ninja fixed it, you only need 1/5, but that's a bug.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You only need to use 1 Linu to unlock making treasures, whether that is intended or not is up for question, but it is how it currently works.

The extra treasure should be considered a supplement. You should at least be attempting the Tiamat encounter and at least score a win now and then. It's not impossible although there are many bugs and fighting PUG RNG.

It takes me about 2-3 days of heralds, WoD encounters and cultist farming for coffers to score 1500pts and get 1 Linu. Investing that Linu to use and get 200pts every 20 hrs, sounds like a deal.

Your milage my vary.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It all comes down to your needs or wants. Ask ten different people "is it worth it?" and you'll likely get ten different answers. Bottom line is "what is it worth to you?"

It may not be worth a flying fig to Joe Schmoe Player, but unless they happen to be playing your game for you, its worth to you as an individual cannot be determined by another person.

And so, I say, "Prithee, make one yourself, for only you can determine its intrinsic worth to thyself."
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nope, made 2 I regret it now...
    like I made mystic key for skirmish...
    or buying legendary keys...
    not worth it....

ok maybe 1 key is worth it, just in case there will be something of value in the chest but 2 or more..... nope

as for Empire Treasures, question is: do you have time to farm dragon hoard chests? If yes then skip treasures, if no then ask yourself if you need 200 points every 20h
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So you can see what's in the chest BEFORE you use your key???
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yes, you can view the chest.

If you find it acceptable, you can accept.

By accepting, you use up your key.

If you decline, you can open the next chest.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Yeah totally worth 8 days of treasure for 1 linus favor when to unlock the task you need 5. .

sorry to inform you youonely need 1 level of prevent returnto farm treasures forever. Think of it as an intrest-bearing loan. you are out 1 Linu and in return you earn 1 Linu per week forever. The key? yeah have one in inventory and use it if something good arives in the chest.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    sorry to inform you youonely need 1 level of prevent returnto farm treasures forever. Think of it as an intrest-bearing loan. you are out 1 Linu and in return you earn 1 Linu per week forever. The key? yeah have one in inventory and use it if something good arives in the chest.
    Well I guess (unless they ninja fixed it, you only need 1/5, but that's a bug.

The only thing that makes it worth it is that it's bugged that way. Had it work properly, get a legendary key if you want the gloves (nothing else of value in the chest) and screw the treasures. Better off being able to buy what you want earlier. I suppose it doesn't hurt to just spend the 1, but they could always fix it before the 8 days it takes to pay off that 1 favor.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you will probably have no use for sigils and scrolls if you have all books needed for boons. so what?

you can make hoard enchanments to refine them into art gear during next double rp weekend

you can make hoard treasure to fill hoard at right time. lately you can even drop art offhand, so dont hurry to buy it

or from the next week, you can buy adventuring gear, which will i presume drop purple and account wide so you can salvage them on alts
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only thing that makes it worth it is that it's bugged that way. Had it work properly, get a legendary key if you want the gloves (nothing else of value in the chest) and screw the treasures. Better off being able to buy what you want earlier. I suppose it doesn't hurt to just spend the 1, but they could always fix it before the 8 days it takes to pay off that 1 favor.

Are you sure it is not WAI? I would not put it past Cryptic to make a useless boon tree just suggesting that this time maybe they did not.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Are you sure it is not WAI? I would not put it past Cryptic to make a useless boon tree just suggesting that this time maybe they did not.

They wouldn't do something so pointless. *Looks at the unicorn equipment chest*. Oh.

Seriously though, they wouldn't intentionally have a 5/5 task that doesn't do anything except cost resources past 1/5.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1 round of dailies = 1 Empire Treasure. Seems about right to me. Means you will take ~1 week for a favor which, as mentioned above, is supplemental to the Tiamat favors.

For what is essentially a freebie, it's a decent deal.