test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can a GF really do single target DPS?

freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I have been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around with a conq after not pvp'ing due to final exams coming up (conq's don't work in pvp lol).

- But I have been doing Tiamat, and I can actually keep up in DPS with most of the 12-14k GS players. But when it comes to people who actually know how to play the game, I am not even CLOSE to them. I wasn't sure if anyone has ever came up with a weird setup to actually pull off something kinda crazy, or if we are all around 7-8k power (no pets), and deal shmehhhh damage in comparison to the other classes when they give up all defensive stats for offense.

Anyway, just curious. Please assume that I know all the encounters, damage feats, passives, etc, and just let me know if you have figured anything that works particularly well. My best to date was a 650k knee breaker on a Tiamat head that had been rather debuffed. But again, still playing with all of it.
Post edited by freshour on

Comments

• xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i didnt quite understand if asking if gf can do good single target dmg, or if say u play gf but u can do as much dmg as other class (assuming u are a gf).

i have a 20k gs conq, but play tank not dps, into the fray, kv and mass taunt (dont remember the name).

for my expirence gf can do some crazy hit like 200k-300k but it need perfect condicions for that hit, like debuffs, knight challenge (double dmg), into the fray for 35% dmg boost and last conq feat x5 for max dmg + be a crit.

but in the time u need to set all for that max hit, a cw can do 500k+ dmg like 5k+ atwills 5 hit (25k) 1 encounter 50-100k 2nd encounter same 50-100k if u count that adds all buff and debuff already on target from other class those hit double, so by the time u do your 300k hit best condition they have done more than that.

as gf (tank) conq build in dungeons like cn long 1st when i run with my guild with really good dps player i always last on dmg like 1st 30mil and me with 10-12mil all other around 20mil, so a gf can do decent dmg, but most of all i keep them alive ending with like 3-5mil dmg taken when 2nd have 500k-800k, over all do like 1/3 of the best dmg class and i taken like 2x the dmg of all other combine, + iam best healer.

but i play all time with just 1 dmg encounter (mass taunt), the rest is kv (i take half every1 dmg) and into the fray (53% dmg rsist so a good 35% dmg boost to party), 60-70% my dmg comes from taking dmg shield up 15% deflect + kv it deflect even if iam not the target u then add the daily supremacy of steal (any1 hit i hit back with shield up hit back 2 times) i set pf also so more debuff and dot.

in tiamat i try to keep head marked for comb adv to all + pf on for more dubuff and into The fray for 35% dmg boost and let other kill it fast with all the boost i give, on cleric same with kv its good to keep them alive + deflect dmg.

if all u want is dps i am afraid gf it the only sad dps class in game right now since dc its now also a good dps. in pvp u can kill some1 but let him attck u to death but experienced players will not fall for that.
  • user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Tactician is the best for PvP. Solely for the stun on anvil of doom.

In PvE it doesn't really matter what spec you are as long as you use knights valor and into the fray. Buffing your parties dps makes it go so much faster.
    Sure you can not use into the fray and swing your sword but it will just take longer.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    I have been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around with a conq after not pvp'ing due to final exams coming up (conq's don't work in pvp lol).

- But I have been doing Tiamat, and I can actually keep up in DPS with most of the 12-14k GS players. But when it comes to people who actually know how to play the game, I am not even CLOSE to them. I wasn't sure if anyone has ever came up with a weird setup to actually pull off something kinda crazy, or if we are all around 7-8k power (no pets), and deal shmehhhh damage in comparison to the other classes when they give up all defensive stats for offense.

Anyway, just curious. Please assume that I know all the encounters, damage feats, passives, etc, and just let me know if you have figured anything that works particularly well. My best to date was a 650k knee breaker on a Tiamat head that had been rather debuffed. But again, still playing with all of it.

Tiamat have no paingiver score .
    The score in tiamat are from taken dps and heal all in 1.

And your question is no .
    I have maxed GF full tene combat advantage 6k power and 76k hp capped arp and 2800 crit p.l.
    There is no way to do dps as GF.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • overoxxoveroxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    I have maxed GF full tene combat advantage 6k power and 76k hp capped arp and 2800 crit p.l.
    There is no way to do dps as GF.

You have to fix your setup because no class can beat a DPS GF in single target.
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    overoxx wrote: »

LOL right, I forgot to equip my other 30% crit and 2k power...
    GF - Sigh
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    only thing a conq gf can do is really high burst damage. And take damage with an adequate build.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2.7k power can keep up with a 6k power GWF, should be enough info for you.
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    overoxx wrote: »

What?....

Warlock?
    TR?
    Even CW does sometimes.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ask GODMODE. Quite a hard hitting GF. isuuck here on forums or something like this.

GF can hit quite hard and be quite tanky.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Single target damage? Take a look at my signature. :P

But compared to a many other classes, NO, we cannot do single target damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Single Target DPS would be dpsing a boss, that is DPS GFs can not beat any DPS class doing this at all. We can do burst with a LONG set up and a LONG cooldown that is it and that is NOT DPSing.
    GF - Sigh
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    My best to date was a 650k knee breaker on a Tiamat head that had been rather debuffed. But again, still playing with all of it.
    Nice. I have been playing with KB some time too.

Mark/Tide/VM daily, KC, Flourish (quite reasonable damage as for GF, and if specced to Crashing Pin feat, the stun gives +5% damage) then KB. So, KB and Flourish have greatest damage potential imo among of rest GF encounters, and KC doubles them, not much left to improve GF capabilities vs high hp targets.

Companions of mine: Blink Dog increases KB base tick once you do combat advantage damage after floorish. Erinyes (bigger crits), Rust Monster (some stackable debuf) and Fire Arcon (more damage vs >30% hp) help a bit too. As Tacticial SM + Sigil of Devoted i have Daily build-up quick and slotted Steel Defence makes all rotation stuff easier.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)