test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop changing existing detail assets!

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Foundry
Torch - Tabletop 01 NOW HAS A DANG TORCH FLAME ! @#$%&!

Didn't you learn from the dang Vines debacle?!?!?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yet ANOTHER bug entry coming right up.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cave formation 03 also changed -- from gray like all other cave rocks to a red --> gray gradient. It makes a couple of the rocks in my Foundry look pretty ridiculous IMHO.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    :( Makes it frustrating when updates change all the work you've done. At least we won the battle of the flowered vines, got all sorts of goodies from that. Doesn't seem like we get goodies anymore.

Couple other bugs i found.

1. The dynamic foods on the dinner table is now black, as though it's in shadow, even with light on everything around it. Not sure of the asset name off the top of my head, but it's the one i use in most of my quests (including this month's mini contest entry for a quick look).

2. The Cave Door - Rolling Boulder (i think it's called) now swings open like a regular door would, instead of rolling to the side. Not sure how long it's been that way, as this is my first time messing with building a cave with more than one room. It could have been broken since the other doors/gates got messed up awhile back, so you may already have this one listed.
  • Options
    dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zbkolde wrote: »
    2. The Cave Door - Rolling Boulder (i think it's called) now swings open like a regular door would, instead of rolling to the side. Not sure how long it's been that way, as this is my first time messing with building a cave with more than one room. It could have been broken since the other doors/gates got messed up awhile back, so you may already have this one listed.
    That one's definitely been broken for awhile - since M4, at least. Probably before that. I'm 90% certain it's just rotating on the wrong axis.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If u mean that tabletop torch i think (and i think there is only one), its error was from the start that the flame was visible on high details only (cant rly say which video settings affected it specifically). Also cant say when i noticed that but, i sure can count it in month/s.

On the other hand several effects (flames so far i noticed) are now affected by fx settings (since WoD, on high only).
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Foundry = Lost cause.

It's that simple.
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I haven't even been able to log in to the game since I came back after my month off in November. It keeps crashing the game (and my regular internet browser, for some reason). I haven't gotten to see any of the changes they made to the Foundry, but it sounds like it's just falling even more to hell than ever, and it's seriously pushing me away from the game right now. I hope they get their act together soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    maegmaag wrote: »
    If u mean that tabletop torch i think (and i think there is only one), its error was from the start that the flame was visible on high details only (cant rly say which video settings affected it specifically). Also cant say when i noticed that but, i sure can count it in month/s.

On the other hand several effects (flames so far i noticed) are now affected by fx settings (since WoD, on high only).

Yeah, 'cause flame/no-flame is TOTALLY unobtrusive between high quality graphics and lower quality. :rolleyes: