test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How long before we see players with 100K HP and 50K GS?

silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
I was wondering last night while doing dailies how long it will be before we see players with 100K HP and a 50K GS? With all of the new gear/jewelry, I don't think it will be too long. It may even happen in Mod 6.

Thoughts?
I aim to misbehave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i hope they got the idea no one is going to accept other things to be refined.
    this should stop the gs inflation
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    I was wondering last night while doing dailies how long it will be before we see players with 100K HP and a 50K GS? With all of the new gear/jewelry, I don't think it will be too long. It may even happen in Mod 6.

Thoughts?

Well I dunno about 100k and 50k GS, but to be more reasonable I could see maybe 80k HP and 30k GS down the pipeline very soon.

Actually you might even be able to approach those levels now with maxed pots etc.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    depending on when theyll rise the level cap, if they dont do it soon it could be mod 9(unless they add new slots)

if they rise level cap at mod6 it could be then, if they do it later we might jump those numbers(those numbers could be for mediocre geared lvl 65~70)
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The maximum HP currently now is around 74-76 k with stone ofc. And buffed .
    There is no way to reach 80-100k.
    Some ppl don't know how bad HP is calculated by con & feat.

And this build is not valid in pvp or pve. "this hurt too much in important stats"

Around 60 k is valid in pvp but not in pve .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Honestly the way they are going, they NEED to increase the level cap to 70 to decrease the power of players.

When your lower levels, 200 Power is ALOT, at 60 200 Power is just north of 1% damage. So increasing the level cap to 70 would have things like Power go from 167 = 1% to like 200 = 1%.

This would in a sense "nerf" everyone and reduce the effects of all the stats players can get.

They could offer an additional 2 Stat points like they do with other levels as some incentive.

Create a 60-69 PVP bracket (like the lower ones).

Create a lvl 70 PVP bracket (mimic-ing the 60 one TODAY)

Then REDO the Tier 1 dungeons and make them for lvl 70 players with new versions of the T1 gear but with lvl 70 min requirements.

Then they need to separate PVE and PVP more by INCREASING the return on tenacity (like double) so more pvp players want to stack tenacity gear to the point that PVPers WONT be using much artifact equip.

Then you can offer PVP enchants bought with glory that work specifically for PVP instead of the "radiants or "darks".

You could just offer something like:

"Lesser Battle Enchant of Power" - Increases your damage output against other players by 1%.
    " Battle Enchant of Power" - 2%
    "Greater" - 3%.

These would work only in PVP and technically be better than PVE based enchants like "radiants" etc.
    This makes PVP a more "even" playing field.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    what if they made all this with artifacts, rp, too much gear for content etc. as a big test lvl cap increase in mod6 ? :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Honestly the way they are going, they NEED to increase the level cap to 70 to decrease the power of players.

When your lower levels, 200 Power is ALOT, at 60 200 Power is just north of 1% damage. So increasing the level cap to 70 would have things like Power go from 167 = 1% to like 200 = 1%.

This would in a sense "nerf" everyone and reduce the effects of all the stats players can get.

They could offer an additional 2 Stat points like they do with other levels as some incentive.

Then REDO the Tier 1 dungeons and make them for lvl 70 players with new versions of the T1 gear but with lvl 70 min requirements.

Then they need to separate PVE and PVP more by INCREASING the return on tenacity (like double) so more pvp players want to stack tenacity gear to the point that PVPers WONT be using much artifact equip.

Then you can offer PVP enchants bought with glory that work specifically for PVP instead of the "radiants or "darks".

"Lesser Battle Enchant of Power" - Increases your damage output against other players by 1%.
    "Greater" - 3%.

These would work only in PVP and technically be better than PVE based enchants like "radiants" etc.

The problem i see is T1-T2 armor sets are still better and more stat wise then T2.5-T3 sets.
    Just look at templar i cannot say even 1 class there is worth to equip or farm it . They are terrible the desing are terrible.
    Draconic is bit better for GF DC CW but other classes are left out .
    BI better for GWF TR (DPS) DC but others left out .

They need to be reworked and rebalanced.

So in future mod finaly make sets usefull .
    And dont favor one two class only like they have done with BLACK ICE ARTIFACT SET.
    And all other artficat sets are usless to TR DC GWF GF HR .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014

"Greater" - 3%.

What is killing this game is the huge scale of power at level 60. A balanced game would gate gs behind progressive levels so the max a level 60 could get would be like 12k, and every 2k beyond that would be another level. Of course, everything pve and pvp would be similarly gated and the game would be vastly better. This is the worst planned game I have ever seen in my life. At level 60 there is really nothing to look forward to in terms of developing your character. Mawr gearz. Cheese.

It is like they made the game not really expecting it to last very long and suddenly times goes by and it actually lasted and there are all these players at level 60 and cryptic is thinking, "geez what are we gonna do? We'll milk them for all they got thats what we'll do, no new levels, everything will be done through refining points".

By not having levels past 60, and by forcing RP down our throats, cryptic can get away with saying the game is still f2p, but really your gonna pay once you get to level 60, or your not gonna progress. Unless there are people who actually spend the full time job equivalent of hours every week to grind out all the rp needed to refine, cause really you are simply not gonna progress at level 60 without refining.

We see what ya did there, cryptic ;)

and seriously, when it comes down to that and the realization sets in, one has to ask themselves if it wouldn't just be better to play a game where you pay a $15 sub every month, and is actually managed and maintained in a professional way?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Snip

I agree with everything you said. It was definitely NOT planned out. Case and point is how much classes have changed since release. They are COMPLETELY different.

Pre-module NW, 100-200 stat points was BIG and the difference between a BIS character and a full rank 9 character.

Now, it seems, they are just handing out stats like Candy, and whats worse than stats? Attribute points! I mean a BELT with +4 Con?! Are you kidding me?!

As mentioned above they need to "reel" their game back in. The ONLY way I see it actually happening is to inc the level cap to 70, re-introduce the old dungeons and have Epic gear that DROPS on par with artifact gear.

What this does is:
    1) Players leveling to 70 actually DECREASES their effectiveness since it would take more power to get 1% dmg (for example). This "reels" players in AND they already have enough content with the modules to provide the "exp" needed to hit 70.
    2) Release lvl 70 gear on par with orange artifact gear. This means players who SPENT for their gear dont lose anything, but the casual/general population now has a WAY in game to get Equiv items without having to pay, they ahve to spend TIME instead.
    3) This revives PVE since now we have 4 new dungeons instead of 1. New gear drops as well. Also, this starts creating a more fair playing field for PVP.
    A player who hits 60 with no boons is a JOKE compared to a full BIS character.

Now with this new system, that fresh 60 with no boons, will be in the 60-69 bracket instead. Where the BIS characters will be lvl 70. Once a player hits 70 you know they probably have gotten most of their boons (to earn the EXP to level) and they have a DUNGEON they can run to get EQUIV gear to the BIS orange artifact gear on the market today.

Now players can PAY to skip having to farm all that gear from dungeons at lvl 70, to get lvl 60 arti equipment and level it to 60. Or they can invest time to level up, run the dungeons, get the drops and be on PAR with those players.

Whats SAD is this would actually INCREASE sales because more people would be willing to pay cryptic if this happens, seeing the investment in their end to fix the game. They can introduce ALSO, new mounts with faster speed than Epics are now, or at the VERY least - require more hits to be knocked off.

Now youll see an increase in EXP boosters/Mounts. Heck, spend some of that time you WOULD have invested into a new dungeon, since these are made for you and roll out some cool cosmetic things.

Such as: Enchantment Dye packs.
    Wouldnt it be cool to have a RED Greater Plague Fire? Or a Green one?

Or what about the ability to DYE mounts?

Cryptic needs to get back to their roots as to what do people actually pay for? Its NOT RP - as they are trying to PUSH down our throats. Its mounts/cosmetics etc.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I think you need at least 60 days in this game to be in an acceptable situation to start going on PvP and having success.

You can also reach that point in less than one week but for that you'll have to sell your car.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is no way to reach 80-100k.

Actually 80k HP are possible for a GF: http://lobo.nwo-uncensored.com/minmax.php?go=9773192
  • Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't foresee the level-cap increase going well, unless some method is provided to increase the level of equipment. What are all those people who paid hundreds of dollars for legendary everything going to think when you can grind out full T3 that's equal to their stuff in just 5 days of dungeoneering?

They'll leave. And as much as you think that all the little people are going to pay more when the level cap is increased, Cryptic doesn't make nearly as much off of us as they do off of the whales.

Now, if there were some way to increase the tier of your armor, both for T1 and T2 and all this other junk that's somewhere in between, then yes, I see a level cap being fine.

I also fear what mobs will be like at level 70. People are already complaining about the level 65 mobs in Tiamat burning them down. Level 65 white dragon guys in ESoT hit for like 25k HP already. Level 70 gear will either have to be like 5 times as good as level 60 (and enchants will need levels 11 and 12), or people are just going to get one-shot by common level-70 mobs.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reaching a 25k GS for me is like a heaven and earth been playing more than a year, with all those artifacts to be refine and enchantments I may need a billion AD just to catch up with them.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If they would raise the level cap, they would have to gate powers behind level reached. Otherwise my CW with 81 power points would be able to use lvl 70 spells on day one.

Now, that I thought about it, let me play lvl 60 PvP with lvl 70 spells for a few days, before you fix it.^^
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is killing this game is the huge scale of power at level 60. A balanced game would gate gs behind progressive levels so the max a level 60 could get would be like 12k, and every 2k beyond that would be another level. Of course, everything pve and pvp would be similarly gated and the game would be vastly better. This is the worst planned game I have ever seen in my life. At level 60 there is really nothing to look forward to in terms of developing your character. Mawr gearz. Cheese.

It is like they made the game not really expecting it to last very long and suddenly times goes by and it actually lasted and there are all these players at level 60 and cryptic is thinking, "geez what are we gonna do? We'll milk them for all they got thats what we'll do, no new levels, everything will be done through refining points".

By not having levels past 60, and by forcing RP down our throats, cryptic can get away with saying the game is still f2p, but really your gonna pay once you get to level 60, or your not gonna progress. Unless there are people who actually spend the full time job equivalent of hours every week to grind out all the rp needed to refine, cause really you are simply not gonna progress at level 60 without refining.

We see what ya did there, cryptic ;)

and seriously, when it comes down to that and the realization sets in, one has to ask themselves if it wouldn't just be better to play a game where you pay a $15 sub every month, and is actually managed and maintained in a professional way?

Aye, that be the truth
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2) Release lvl 70 gear on par with orange artifact gear. This means players who SPENT for their gear dont lose anything, but the casual/general population now has a WAY in game to get Equiv items without having to pay, they ahve to spend TIME instead.

Wont work, the very idea of ftp or p2w like its commonly known is that you pay money to have more power than the rest. You must feel superior or you wont pay. Honestly man you cant be that naive. Sometimes your suggestions just dont belong on a Neverwinter forum given what kinda game we play

PS: The single best thing that can happen to Neverwinter that will save it is for the game to become a sub. Then all current issues will gradually disappear 'cause Cryptic wont have to worry about income and will just focus on fixing and polishing. All other debates are rendered meaningless cause we play a freemium
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I don't foresee the level-cap increase going well, unless some method is provided to increase the level of equipment. What are all those people who paid hundreds of dollars for legendary everything going to think when you can grind out full T3 that's equal to their stuff in just 5 days of dungeoneering?

They'll leave. And as much as you think that all the little people are going to pay more when the level cap is increased, Cryptic doesn't make nearly as much off of us as they do off of the whales.

Now, if there were some way to increase the tier of your armor, both for T1 and T2 and all this other junk that's somewhere in between, then yes, I see a level cap being fine.

I also fear what mobs will be like at level 70. People are already complaining about the level 65 mobs in Tiamat burning them down. Level 65 white dragon guys in ESoT hit for like 25k HP already. Level 70 gear will either have to be like 5 times as good as level 60 (and enchants will need levels 11 and 12), or people are just going to get one-shot by common level-70 mobs.

Well it is too late really. It should be apparent to anyone who plays this game that the only means of progress is and will be RP and mindless endless repetitive boon grinding.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Wont work, the very idea of ftp or p2w like its commonly known is that you pay money to have more power than the rest. You must feel superior or you wont pay. Honestly man you cant be that naive. Sometimes your suggestions just dont belong on a Neverwinter forum given what kinda game we play

PS: The single best thing that can happen to Neverwinter that will save it is for the game to become a sub. Then all current issues will gradually disappear 'cause Cryptic wont have to worry about income and will just focus on fixing and polishing. All other debates are rendered meaningless cause we play a freemium

I totally agree with this. Before NW I was on swtor for about a year, subbed, was an awesome experience, but really lacked end game content and the pvp was a horrid lag fest with no fix. Before that jumped around between mmos and before that was on a heavily modded nwn1 server for about 10 years. The best experience was hands down the heavily modded player-developed one always fresh content always class balance, the community had a heavy influence on the development and the direction of the game and as a result there was hundreds of "dungeons", including dozens of endgame dungeons/encounters through each of the nine hells, the abyss, elysium, the aboleths...it was simply the best game I ever played. But it is very very dated now. None the less that is what heavy community involvement gets you.

Sub + heavy community influence = an epic, classic game. I don't think that is or ever was what they are aiming for with NW yet somehow it manages to still kick the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of any other current dnd mmo. Pathfinder will challenge that and if the action game play is there, will crush it.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    How long will we get hard dungeons to use these firepower and be challenged. Not just going through bosses like knife through butter.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There are several ways to implement a solution to this. There is no need to increase a level cap, rather just rescale stat gains within the current framework as they have already done this before.
    To keep the level 60 player base engaged what they should do is two things; Design new content with more unique challenges(an ongoing process) and take full advantage of the crafting system. All gear should be able to have their stats/set bonuses altered through the crafting system and with the acquisition of rare crafting components scattered throughout all dungeons. This keeps T1 and T2 dungeons relevant for all since they would have a chance to drop crafting items which would be necessary to change or increase your gear power.
    Make these drops trade able so as to promote a healthy economy and suddenly you will empower the newer players and free to players with a means to "catch up" to the higher GS populations. If you want a good example of what I am referring to then look to the other official D&D MMO. It's content design and challenge absolutely blows Neverwinter away in all aspects except visuals and game play. There were dungeons which required significant strategy and certain classes just to be able to even complete. It had a crafting system which encourages farming at max levels with HUGE amounts of variations which could result (Greensteel items anyone?)

My point is Neverwinter is already innovative, they don't have to reinvent the wheel more than they have. Just take some of these elements from your predecessors that worked and implement them. Engage with content don't just cater to the mindless "zerg". The old saying is "You can always tell who the pioneers are because they have arrows in their back and are lying face down in the dirt".
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Actually 80k HP are possible for a GF: http://lobo.nwo-uncensored.com/minmax.php?go=9773192

OFC with suxed stat like 200 regen /675 LS 700 recovery 1300 arp 0 crit and low 3900 power.... pfff...

If you sacrifice anything like those stupid companions w/o regen and no armor set full on defense i see this char as a failing in anything.

But sure make it if y want usefull char you need to trade somthing for it the way i see 70 k is the max as GF (not un usefull)

Dont be a n.... pls i expected from y more .

Also your calculator calculate HP stat from con total wrong .
    I try it out and with my gear i have more hp in live then with your calculator.

PS: i find the root problem with con
    20 k is the base hp at lvl 60 not 19000 .