test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat: Do NOT stand beside the clerics

harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
It amazes me how many players can't get this simple idea into their heads.

During the 3 clerics phase Tiamat targets her 5 breath weapons onto players. If a player is standing beside one of the 3 clerics then the cleric also gets the full effect of that breath weapon. It's extra damage on the cleric then and she'll take longer to fully charge.

stand at least 1.5 breath weapon templates away from the clerics, preferrably where the adds spawn and just aggro the adds there.
Post edited by harunhh on

Comments

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    harunhh wrote: »
    stand at least 1.5 breath weapon templates away from the clerics, preferrably where the adds spawn and just aggro the adds there.

That is a perfect idea, but I am still wondering exactly how far "1.5 breath weapon templates" is . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    so as a gwf who basically can do nothing to actually hold aggro on these mobs, what do you suggest I do if the adds run to the cleric? Let them run to the cleric to hit her? I tried running up, attacking and pulling them away, and those devils just said 'shoo fly, don't bother me.' And I'm 18k gs, so it's not like I'm out of my league in there.

I agree with you that we need to pull them off the clerics, but some classes have a much more difficult time at this than others.
  • Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Probably should post this in the GWF forum.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can use your dragon gem to protect the clerics as well. I know how difficult it can be to get a PUG to follow directions, but if just 2 people from each group focus on using their gems on the clerics it makes a big difference.

if you look at the red circle before the Breath is used you can see which Breath Weapon is about to be used. On the left side you only get Black and Green breaths, on the right Blue and White. Middle Cleric (Linu) gets Green, Red and Blue. The gems will protect several people, including the clerics, use them.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    That is a perfect idea, but I am still wondering exactly how far "1.5 breath weapon templates" is . . . :)

it's about where the adds spawn , just in front of the big red area where Tiamat does her slow steady damage.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    You can use your dragon gem to protect the clerics as well. I know how difficult it can be to get a PUG to follow directions, but if just 2 people from each group focus on using their gems on the clerics it makes a big difference.

if you look at the red circle before the Breath is used you can see which Breath Weapon is about to be used. On the left side you only get Black and Green breaths, on the right Blue and White. Middle Cleric (Linu) gets Green, Red and Blue. The gems will protect several people, including the clerics, use them.

This is all great advice
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Enyas ADds should be proned right the moment they spawn.
    Legion Devil you can only hit and get aggro.
    get that thing in mind, you dont even need to kill them.only keep aggro.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    so as a gwf who basically can do nothing to actually hold aggro on these mobs, what do you suggest I do if the adds run to the cleric? Let them run to the cleric to hit her? I tried running up, attacking and pulling them away, and those devils just said 'shoo fly, don't bother me.' And I'm 18k gs, so it's not like I'm out of my league in there.

I agree with you that we need to pull them off the clerics, but some classes have a much more difficult time at this than others.

Simply remember the spots the mobs spawn at and spam wicked strike around there. That's enough to keep the mob busy and away from the clerics unless someone pulls them away, but that's none of your business. Unless ur a high GS sentinel, don't bother running after aggroed mobs, you won't generate enough threat to steal the aggro anyway. Just spam wicked strike, any aoes you got and that's it.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Whats funny is when you run into the nubs who yell at the people knocking them away from the clerics, I cant tell you how many times its been explained over and over.. dont allow mobs near clerics. And yet Ive had two failures by random timed groups who had people fight right on top of mobs, even after many "says" telling them to stop.

This is why I hate random timed groups, best to get in with some people out of something. ITs a shame that 2:35 is now been taken by zone, as I had two choices before either the pm group or the legit one, I also snuck into a few guilds groups while I saw them zone =P ..

Anything is better then a random group!
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014

And that's the consequences of choosing such a class. Nothing you can do.

Since you can't pull aggro, leave it to those who have more to offer as contribution in this matter. Others will push/pull mobs away, you do the butchering.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've never seen a failure because of the clerics. Tell you what though, stop using knockbacks and I'll stay in their spawn points.

They really need to take knockbacks out of the game. They do more bad than good.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The OP is completely wrong. Simple observation will confirm this. Tiamat's breath has no affect on the clerics. Only the attack from the mobs stops progress. All it takes is a knockback to make the mobs change targets.

This should be a reminder that whenever you start thinking everyone is a bunch of idiots, you should get out more, take yourself less seriously, and be humble.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    izatar wrote: »
    The OP is completely wrong. Simple observation will confirm this. Tiamat's breath has no affect on the clerics. Only the attack from the mobs stops progress. All it takes is a knockback to make the mobs change targets.

This should be a reminder that whenever you start thinking everyone is a bunch of idiots, you should get out more, take yourself less seriously, and be humble.

Provably false. The clerics do take the dmg from the AOE attacks. The dmg from the demons is minor compared to the damage from the aoes, particularly the black/green AOEs. Do the dreamer cleric (left side if facing tiamat), you can watch the clerics health regen come to a complete standstill standing in green AOE from some nub standing on the cleric, even with every single demon spawn instantly being aggro'd and never getting a chance to attack her.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Sorry, but I am almost positive that you are incorrect. I watched Linu (middle cleric) take red Dragon breath to the face with no adds anywhere near her, her progress bar went down a noticeable amount. And I have seen the Black side Cleric get hit with the breath which caused the next wave of adds to do significant damage to her quickly.

And, just to take a contrary position to my belief, why is it a big deal anyway? Have a couple of people protect the Clerics, it is not hurting anything to do it that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, but I am almost positive that you are incorrect. .

Go look again guys. I have tested this many times. The clerics do not take damage from the dragon.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so as a gwf who basically can do nothing to actually hold aggro on these mobs, what do you suggest I do if the adds run to the cleric?

I put my Gwf at add spawn point. Yes they ignore me and rush directly at Linu, while I am here waving my useless 2h sword, hitting nothing. Useless class is useless but at least I do not harm. I proc my gem, I revive people. Still, it's more killing time than killing foes.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014

People should beware that not all of the gems are shields though- white and black (for example) only dispel existing effects. You need to run out of the way, let them hit, run back in and pop the gem.
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Go look again guys. I have tested this many times. The clerics do not take damage from the dragon.

Tested how?
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    I put my Gwf at add spawn point. Yes they ignore me and rush directly at Linu, while I am here waving my useless 2h sword, hitting nothing. Useless class is useless but at least I do not harm. I proc my gem, I revive people. Still, it's more killing time than killing foes.

Did you try come and get it the moment they spawn? (I don't play my GWF anymore, so haven't tried it myself).
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I confirmed that the clerics stop healing when they are in aoes. There's nothing in the combat log hitting them, they are taking 0 dmg from anything (because if you stand on their spawn point and just aggro them the moment they spawn the mobs never charge the clerics) but they are healing perfectly fine and then some windowlicker goes and stands by the cleric and tiamat drops poison cloud on them and they stop regening.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Only tried Tia once but I'll catch up in the weekend. Anyway as a GWF I dont think it's a problem keeping adds occupied. The one persistent issue I faced were some DC players who kept on sitting next to the castig cleric and just sunbursting adds. The aoe knocks did nothing but make my and other melee fighters rotations miss more often than not
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Um GWF is one of the best classes for the cleric phase. Stand on spawn point and when they pop 3 to 4 at a time use Come and Get It followed by Not so Fast. You will have aggro and they will never get anywhere near the clerics.

The problem is the DC and CW who stand right next to the clerics pushing adds off. This makes them take aggro and pulls the adds right to their spots; next to the clerics.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    You can actually just knock the mobs around, not even kill them and the clerics will fill up to casting point really fast. Itd actually easier to only have 3 -4 people defending a cleric.

When ever I see a cleric way below the other, I go to help and sure enough everyone is fighting on the cleric.

Why does this matter? It is possible to clear 2 Tiamats, and get 2 Linu's favor every hour...but groups who take too long on clerics cant do this.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The dragon breath does not affect the clerics, however they will stop regenerating if they are knocked down.
    So if it appears that the dragon breath is affecting the cleric, look at the cleric..is it on its knees? They only go to their knees if they are knocked down by a mob.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    i'll check to see if the clerics are kneeling from the aoes. I know for certain that none of the demon attacks knockdown or drop them to their knees so it's pretty simple to check. Usually though i'm busy soloing all of the demons while window lickers are standing on the clerics trying their best to pull the demons off me and on to the clerics, but fortunately they can't out aggro TT.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have been trying to observe this, when the cleric gets dragon breath they continue to regenerate, perhaps it depends on the dragon breath. Also from my observations the clerics that have many knock backs to defend it tend to power up first, once it was me another dc and cw and we held off the mob with knock backs (also getting powered up first). Also I have seen it happen multiple times where the mob is not being pulled by aggro and they jump on the cleric, when that happens knock back is needed.