test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Impact Shot

gausnengausnen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Was trying this out again today and seemed to work pretty well. Anyone else tried using it again?

When OwtS is up I get 2 stealth hits, unfortunately I'm not specced to get stealth gen from encounters atm, but wondering if you can get even more with that and whether it is a viable option in pvp again.
Post edited by gausnen on

Comments

• Options
    wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2014
    If you have Return to Shadows, it stacks very well with Deft Strike.

Impact Shot (stealth breaks) > Deft Strike + Impact Shot nets you an instant stealth refill (as DS allows you to stack encounters with the teleport, resulting in two encounters used).

Credit to Kweassa for the above.
  • Options
    mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    The thing about Impact shot is, You can do 4 shots in succession and only two of them are at reduced power, the only one thats an issue for is the last. a Cycle might be, Stealth, Impact Shot , exit stealth IS IS IS, SS, Restealth, IS. I had a matchg today in which one of the enemy TR kept dodging my Lashing blade, so i switched to IS. since it has 3 charges and im less likely to telegraph my attack it seemed to work.

Switched half way through the match and got 3 Tripple kills with it, it seeems to work okay with Shadow of Demise from executioner. I just cant find the math to support why that is the case. 4 is in a row seems to be reasonably solid and im not even WK for my build. also stealth, IS imediately seems to work okay with the Executioner feat that doubles your power.

Anyhow i only did the one match with that, ill test it out more to see if i can repeat the performance.
  • Options
    nyetdiemnyetdiem Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2014
    I think I understand mojorat's question is, "Why do I get 4 IS out of three charges?"

If I'm right that it is your question, may I suggest referring back to the tooltip? The stats for IS state that while stealthed, no charges are used & the damage done is based on 2 charges remaining (has higher damage based on charges left). Hypothetically, using shadow strike or some other instant stealth refill, you should be able to get more shots out of IS.

Of course, I may be entirely mistaken as I don't have the game open right now & I've been playing other classes much more. Feel free to correct me, but I'd like to see if that helps out.
  • Options
    mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    No I know how I get 4 IS. What I'm saying is for that 1 match I was a killing machine with IS I'm not sure why it was so effective.
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    It is definitely a more viable option now. It should be considered. It just depends on how you are going to use it. I have enjoyed using it on occasion. If you like how it feels and it works better than other moves for you, by all means go for it. The changes are still too new for any one or two setups to be deemed absolute best, and now that moves are more equal as far as viability, there is more room for personal preference to play a role in the decision making process.

I also like the nostalgia of it too :P
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Considering nearly every every Domination match has 2 TRs on each team, good luck hitting it in a small skirmish.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I still say the power animation sucks.

Why lob an eery white glob/mass? Make it look like a powerful, overhand dagger throw!
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I figured out why it worked well the one match, Squishies that do not have alot above 20k hp. If i start from stealth i can do about 12-15k damage befre Sod kicks in using impact shot and Cloud of steel. It works also for killing people who listen for Tr as you dont telepgraph anythng with it. Lately ive noticed alot of people dodging my LB when i sneak up on them.

It didnt work so well on players with higher gear scores though.
  • Options
    osiris2106osiris2106 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have had considerable success with IS in recent mathces. As long as you use it when OwtS is up, it can be a hard hitting 3rd encount that refills stealth on the sab tree. Out of stealth its mediocre at best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]