test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR CC's in PvP

phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Wilds
Are all CC's halved in PvP or just the HR?.... I was wondering because I keep experiencing 6 - 10 seconds cc's in PvP (on the receiving end), and I believe the HR can only generate 3.5 sec CC himself? Also, since the last mod, this cuts the damage that a trapper can do essentially in half for PvP?...

No, I don't want anything done,... I just want to understand what is happening,... and at this point, I don't.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Post edited by phargyn on

Comments

• Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    CW and TR can stunlock you but we dont have as long of CC's for some reason. And we dont have constricting which mitigated a stun over 3 charges. We have adapted and get other feats to compensate but this is generally correct.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Trapper gets some decent CC and even if base rooting is but 2.5 seconds(more with Trapper capstone), you have a multiple encounters that can be spammed and keep its uptime high. By a great lucky roll I also received a shard of Valindra's crown. I am upgrading it and will see how much the extra CC control will give me.

The stun I usually use to prevent a deathblow, or close the distance. Or pop off an aimed shot from strictly ranged encounter where I can't close in on melee. (Try it, constricting arrow + stunshot - Aimed shot while they can't run away.)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I guess the 'other thing' I'm noticing, after mod5,.. now that a trapper's primary damage dealing power (thorned roots - capstone) is DoT instead of fixed damaged (pre-mod5), not just our CC are cut in half,.. but so is our damage output. This not only affects PvP,.. but also all dragons and most bosses that are 'immune' to the CC effect.

Tiamat is a good example,... there simply isn't any way in that encounter for a trapper to generate enough DPS to climb the leaderboard,.... The only enemy in that encounter that isn't immune in some form is a legion devil,.. I target them as much as possible,... but you can't get enough damage done to get up far enough in the rankings to earn anything other than a dragon hoard bag,....

The net effect after mod 5 is not only the reduction in the CC's, but also the halving or more of damage done. It's a double impact that really puts the trapper at a disadvantage in the biggest battles,.... seems now like Trapper is almost a wasted path? maybe they could make it part of the capstone for trapper that the CC's don't get halved? but they would continue to be for the other paths (that have extra damage feats built in - not the cc feats of trapper)?.... don't know?? Don't really want a nerf,... would just like the path not to start at a disadvantage to everyone else,.. and frankly at a disadvantage to PvE in the biggest fights.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Would love to see a developers reply to this?.... just to understand their thoughs?...
  • Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    phargyn wrote: »
    I guess the 'other thing' I'm noticing, after mod5,.. now that a trapper's primary damage dealing power (thorned roots - capstone) is DoT instead of fixed damaged (pre-mod5), not just our CC are cut in half,.. but so is our damage output. This not only affects PvP,.. but also all dragons and most bosses that are 'immune' to the CC effect.
    Trapper can do incredible damage in the right conditions.
    Thorned roots will do 250% weapon damage immedietly on CC immune targets, and you can maximise your output of damage if you use a melee and archer Strong roots attack. Each time make sure your aspect of the serpent buff(+ serpents bite) is running...and in between biting snares, you flip to master trapper and get bonus damage. Make sure you get a good amount of crit too, so you get some wonderful big numbers. If you have a fast rotation with no cooldown, you can get big numbers.