test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4 failures in a row

ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, I'm afraid it's time to look at the normal dragon encounters in the zones again. Either cut down the amount of instances that are spawned or set up something similar to what you have for your skirmish system and the system that is used in STO.

Because basicly, doing the normal dragon encounters in the different zones is becoming close to impossible.

Ever since the beginning of the week the amount of people doing the normal dragon skirmishes have dropped to near zero. Monday and yesterday it took me a average 3 tries per zone to get a dragon done. And today I gave up in Neverdeath graveyard after the 4th failure.

The playerbase cannot work together enough to get it done. Nor should they really have to. In the past there was a real need to buff up the zone dragons because they were dying way too quickly. Now it looks like it might be time to take them back down.

I'll go back and try again in a few hours. And if I stick with it long enough I'm sure I can do all of them. But it's getting way too frustrating, honestly the whole game is getting way too frustrating for my tastes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just state in zone chat that the dragon is up and usually enough people will come running.
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do not agree. The player base should be dependent on working together when comes to major/epic encounters, not to mention sooner or later any of those encounters will be soloable for u (if u start in time and focus on it).

Also just today i experienced a weird thing. A couple of ppl watching the dragon in neverdeath g/y without even trying, expecting that someone else will come and kill it for them. They watched me for ~2 minutes till they joined the fight, ofc losing the chance due to the time remaining.

Double the dragons health pool is what i say. Tripple/quadruple in WoD. And...give them some kind of VI (AI).
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You see, that's just it. The dragon was up in several areas. At one point I mass invited anyone who even said anything about a dragon time request to try and get them all into the same zone so that we could beat it. And it failed.

We cant keep people focused enough on one instance to get it done. At least that was the case today. Somebody who's fighting a dragon in #15 isnt just going to abandon it because someone who's in #51 starts calling out for help because their dragon is up.

I also looked at the amount of instances in Neverdeath graveyard compared to the number of players and it was a insane ration. Close to 5 players per instance. You cant tell me that 100% of the people in the zone was there for dragons either. Some of those people had to be there just doing normal level progressions and quests.

It's all a jumbled mess. I'll see about getting my guild to organize dragon raiding but at this point I'm not sure how feasible that is either.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I noticed a lot less people as well. Which is confusing as we have 5 more books to buy per toon. Often enough I land in zone with a dragon already up in which case I just announce in zone chat and generally that gets enough people there to win the fight. If I am waiting on a dragon and see nobody else there at 1min till I usually announce right before the dragon spawns in zone and that usually works. Unless I am on my HR then usually I will try to solo it. It takes most of the 20 minutes but the odds of a saleable drop are pretty high at that point so worth the effort.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    I noticed a lot less people as well. Which is confusing as we have 5 more books to buy per toon. Often enough I land in zone with a dragon already up in which case I just announce in zone chat and generally that gets enough people there to win the fight. If I am waiting on a dragon and see nobody else there at 1min till I usually announce right before the dragon spawns in zone and that usually works. Unless I am on my HR then usually I will try to solo it. It takes most of the 20 minutes but the odds of a saleable drop are pretty high at that point so worth the effort.

Best guess is that people are running to the Well of Dragons instead of doing the instances because they can get enough (or almost enough) to do their daily grinds from the Well of Dragons dailies and why shouldn't they? Well of Dragons is a single (admittedly large) instance and if you can get all your stuff from that one place then why subject yourself to the run around hurry-up-and-wait that was the biggest problem with the ToD grind when it first came out.

It's still a beastly grind of course, but Well of Dragons makes it a bit easier.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With all the new stuff in WoD, maybe it's time to drop the 20 minute time limit for the normal dragons?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    Best guess is that people are running to the Well of Dragons instead of doing the instances because they can get enough (or almost enough) to do their daily grinds from the Well of Dragons dailies and why shouldn't they? Well of Dragons is a single (admittedly large) instance and if you can get all your stuff from that one place then why subject yourself to the run around hurry-up-and-wait that was the biggest problem with the ToD grind when it first came out.

It's still a beastly grind of course, but Well of Dragons makes it a bit easier.
    I am doing both but for the sigils and secrets running the Mod4 campaign is still the path of eficiency. Arguably three belts fromdragon runs can get you the AD to buy one book but running the Mod4 instances takes under an hour most of the time.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure the last boon is worth doing tbh. Not really been having the time/motivation of doing earlier areas even though I used to try and manage dailies on 8 toons. 3 books and 50 linus favor for 1.5% crit severity though or quarter of a boon. Meh. Bad design.
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    Ok, I'm afraid it's time to look at the normal dragon encounters in the zones again. Either cut down the amount of instances that are spawned or set up something similar to what you have for your skirmish system and the system that is used in STO.

Because basicly, doing the normal dragon encounters in the different zones is becoming close to impossible.

Ever since the beginning of the week the amount of people doing the normal dragon skirmishes have dropped to near zero. Monday and yesterday it took me a average 3 tries per zone to get a dragon done. And today I gave up in Neverdeath graveyard after the 4th failure.

The playerbase cannot work together enough to get it done. Nor should they really have to. In the past there was a real need to buff up the zone dragons because they were dying way too quickly. Now it looks like it might be time to take them back down.

I'll go back and try again in a few hours. And if I stick with it long enough I'm sure I can do all of them. But it's getting way too frustrating, honestly the whole game is getting way too frustrating for my tastes.

I've been in that position a few times lately and I've just asked on the lookingforgroup channel for someone to give me an invite or map number on one with enough people to kill it. It's worked pretty well. It's a back-up if no one joins you on your map.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    from preview patch notes - dragons will be weekly quest
    Tyranny of Dragons: Culling the Cultists is now a daily quest. The number of cultists required to kill has been lowered to 25. Common Cause now requires Culling the Cultists to be completed rather than defeating any of the dragons. There is a new weekly quest to defeat the dragons.
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I ground ToD in mod 4 on 7 - one of each class - characters. i have no desire to do that again. Normally it was a roflstomp lag-filled zergfest that was no fun because we spent 10 minutes waiting around.

If only there was a reason to do this instead of stuff in WoD. I think fighting the dragons in 5 men groups is really quite fun. My major gripe with the HE in this game is that there are too many people in an instance.

Anyway, for books, secrets and sigils, i do WoD dailies. It's not as much, but it's much, much faster and far less painful (and less bad memories).

Surprised you can't get a group. If there are 3 people watching the dragon, CHARGE! just start fighting and hope they join in. If they don't, go solo it :D
  • Options
    chewmagnachewmagna Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In my experience it's the time of day when you're trying to get it done. Mornings-early afternoon is always slow, I can be the only person sitting there and 24 instances will have 1-5 people in them. Later on in the day every instance is crammed packed with people doing dragons over and over.