test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to eLOL - Need IWD Campaign?

borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, I was planning on doing few Campaigns at a time and not all of them at once so i don't exhaust myself. Now, I just came across this here, "The Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmauth tasks also require completion of the quest The Portal to Tuern in Icewind Dale". Okay..

So.. is starting the whole Icewind Dale Campaign a prerequisite to starting this quest? or can I complete it without ever starting Icewind Dale Campaign?
Post edited by borrowedtime1 on

Comments

• whitemorailwhitemorail Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If I'm not wrong, porta of tuern is a quest from harper boward (so ToD) that he gives you after compleating a good part of ToD campaign
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Originally you had to enter IWD to go to the portal: it was at the same gate that takes you to Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley.

Now, however, you go to the portal from any gate; so I think you should be able to complete the quest without actually entering IWD.

In any case, the only requirement to enter IWD is 10k gs and 3 boons from either Sharandar or Dread Ring, so if you are working on those boons you can enter IWD even if you don't want to work on the IWD campaign. This is useful, because you need to access IWD to get the class artifact quest.
  • borisadrianborisadrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actualy i find that to be very usefull since the campaigns are launched in a order and one after another the old ppl playing this game went through hell completing them. And only to find a 1 month player come in and have the same GS and boons as he has. The porpuse of the linking quests is to force ppl to work on all campaigns in the order they were designed. No skipping to the good part as you realy want.

I know that for some it will seem that it sucks,,,but its WAI.
  • borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    If I'm not wrong, porta of tuern is a quest from harper boward (so ToD) that he gives you after compleating a good part of ToD campaign
    You are correct. It's given by Harper Buward, however, I do not have 3 Boons etc, and want to run eLOL before getting 3 Boons, is that possible?
    (and please, its not that i dont play, i play a lot ok, I'm just stuck because of all the daily LIMITS & 20h Waits)

magenubbie wrote: »
    Since it's a separate location I assume doing the IWD campaign isn't required. I can imagine you'd have to go through the IWD intro or visit IWD once to access the location, but that should be all.
    Originally you had to enter IWD to go to the portal: it was at the same gate that takes you to Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley.

Now, however, you go to the portal from any gate; so I think you should be able to complete the quest without actually entering IWD.

In any case, the only requirement to enter IWD is 10k gs and 3 boons from either Sharandar or Dread Ring, so if you are working on those boons you can enter IWD even if you don't want to work on the IWD campaign. This is useful, because you need to access IWD to get the class artifact quest.
    These are kinda contradicting here, can someone confirm if Starting IWD Campaign &/ Getting 3 Boons is required to enter eLOL?
    Like I see a lot of LF2M: eLOL around in PE and just really want to participate here.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You are correct. It's given by Harper Buward, however, I do not have 3 Boons etc, and want to run eLOL before getting 3 Boons, is that possible?
    (and please, its not that i dont play, i play a lot ok, I'm just stuck because of all the daily LIMITS & 20h Waits)

These are kinda contradicting here, can someone confirm if Starting IWD Campaign &/ Getting 3 Boons is required to enter eLOL?
    Like I see a lot of LF2M: eLOL around in PE and just really want to participate here.

I am almost positive my 2nd SW did the Portal of Tuern quest before she had unlocked IWD, because it takes 10 days to unlock that quest after hitting 60 (I leveled her by invoking and running the lower ToD campaign), and 16 days to unlock the third boon in Dread Ring campaign.

In any case, you're going to need to finish the "Assist the Zhentarim" task to unlock the Portal to Tuern quest, and thus unlock SoT or LoL. If you're willing to put in the time to get to that stage, it's just a simple quest. So, just see if you can do the quest.
  • borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I am almost positive my 2nd SW did the Portal of Tuern quest before she had unlocked IWD, because it takes 10 days to unlock that quest after hitting 60 (I leveled her by invoking and running the lower ToD campaign), and 16 days to unlock the third boon in Dread Ring campaign.

In any case, you're going to need to finish the "Assist the Zhentarim" task to unlock the Portal to Tuern quest, and thus unlock SoT or LoL. If you're willing to put in the time to get to that stage, it's just a simple quest. So, just see if you can do the quest.
    Thank you.