test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sabo Damage Broken???

godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I saw someone else mention this once somewhere, but don't remember any response. I expected a thread to come up about it eventually, but either I am missing something or people aren't taking notice of it. So, most of the Saboteur damage comes from the Shadowy Opportunity feat which gives +75% weapon damage each hit. Can someone explain why I often get ~2k+ procs from this every hit? If my weapon damage from dual fallen dragon daggers is ~1000, shouldn't it be hitting for ~750 each proc? I do not remember the exact number so I won't claim it if I just remember it being close, but I've hit ~3k if not close to 3k max from a proc off of this feat before on a gloaming cut. Am I missing something with how this is calculated or is it completely broken?
Post edited by godlysoul2 on

Comments

• mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    I saw someone else mention this once somewhere, but don't remember any response. I expected a thread to come up about it eventually, but either I am missing something or people aren't taking notice of it. So, most of the Saboteur damage comes from the Shadowy Opportunity feat which gives +75% weapon damage each hit. Can someone explain why I often get ~2k+ procs from this every hit? If my weapon damage from dual fallen dragon daggers is ~1000, shouldn't it be hitting for ~750 each proc? I do not remember the exact number so I won't claim it if I just remember it being close, but I've hit ~3k if not close to 3k max from a proc off of this feat before on a gloaming cut. Am I missing something with how this is calculated or is it completely broken?

it was discussed on the preview shard. Its subject to all existing damage modifiers, its benefiting from both the fact that you crit n stealth and CA and any other modifications.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    mojorat wrote: »
    it was discussed on the preview shard. Its subject to all existing damage modifiers, its benefiting from both the fact that you crit n stealth and CA and any other modifications.

Thanks. Is this the intended effect though? I'm not sure how other similar feats operate for other classes.
  • mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Thanks. Is this the intended effect though? I'm not sure how other similar feats operate for other classes.

Haven't a clue. Debs in most games don't comunicate with players usually. All I know is piercing was fixed to interact properly with damage modifiers. Its not op when applies ro most powers. Ie adding 2-4k damage onto stuff that hits once is fine.

Its stuff that hits multiple times passively that's causing the hubabaloo right now. Essentially assume its reported to devs and working as intended until its changed.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's what makes the Sab currently the best build for both PvP and PvE for TRs. With the constant re-stealthing at whim, DF powered by Shadowy Opportunity adds an extra 15~16k damage per every use of DF, and with the ease of re-stealthing through RTS and OWTS, every DF you attack with is guaranteed to be this "stealth flurry" technique, as I have named.

So, when you're a WK/Sab, if you've planted a DHS beforehand, in the 3 seconds of the flurry attack you're putting up around 8k damage from 2 ticks of DHS, and 16k-ish damage from Shadowy Opportunity, amounting up to more than 20k "bonus damage" to whatever your DF hits for in PvE.

Basically mod5 changes can be summarized as, "greater, more powerful offense buffs provided with stealth - at the price greater limitations to number of attacks from stealth". When there's a path/build which unshackles these limitations, then you can guess what happens.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'