test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for the TR changes!!

samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I just want to say, I've fallen in love with my TR all over again. Thank you to the devs and everyone who tested and provided feedback. Even if things get adjusted, there is still a lot of utility here that wasn't there before. So thanks ^_^
────────────────────────────
SAMOTHRACE
Trickster Rogue
────────────────────────────
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have to agree with it, rework made TR playable class once more.
    But it doesn't mean that TR as balanced is now will stay. TR once was strong and was brought straight into dead class through mod 3 and mod 4. So many TR left game that i couldn't count really. It was lesson that forum trolls and hypocrites have power, that's why i hope this time people have more conscious what nerf threads are about and history won't repeat with this TR as it was with TR in mod 1.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • jnmlvnjnmlvn Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2014
    I have a question: I've a new TR in this game and had my specs reset when the Mod 5 came around.

I'm deciding whether to put Feat points in [Endless Assault] or [Disciple of Strength]

[Endless Assault] - You Encounter powers deal 2/4/6% more damage

[Disciple of Strength] - Increase the amount of damage Strength give you by 2/4/6%

I'm a Human with extra 3+ Feats to spend but I can't afford to put points in both of the above. I also only have the Profound Executioner PvP set + G. Vorp + Lesser Soulforged + all 3 basic artifacts (Lantern/Water/Catalogue) all in Rare (blue). I mostly play PvP.

Which one will get me the most bang for my buck?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jnmlvn wrote: »
    I have a question: I've a new TR in this game and had my specs reset when the Mod 5 came around.

I'm deciding whether to put Feat points in [Endless Assault] or [Disciple of Strength]

[Disciple of Strength] - Increase the amount of damage Strength give you by 2/4/6%

I'm a Human with extra 3+ Feats to spend but I can't afford to put points in both of the above. I also only have the Profound Executioner PvP set + G. Vorp + Lesser Soulforged + all 3 basic artifacts (Lantern/Water/Catalogue) all in Rare (blue). I mostly play PvP.

I'm a half-orc. If I had the 3 extra points of being human, I would have 3 in one of these and 2 in the other. As it is, I only had 2 points between them and I put them in endless assault. But if I had a very high score in strength, I would probably go the other way.

Both are really good. It is a really tough call, in my opinion.
    edited November 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    I'm a half-orc. If I had the 3 extra points of being human, I would have 3 in one of these and 2 in the other. As it is, I only had 2 points between them and I put them in endless assault. But if I had a very high score in strength, I would probably go the other way.

Both are really good. It is a really tough call, in my opinion.

I have Power of about 3.1K, would that not be enough to get the most gains from putting Feats in [Disciple of Strength]? I still haven't even put back all my extra Boons yet (like from Sharandar / Dread Ring / Icewind / PvP / ToD) so my Power rating could maybe increase by +300 more depending on if I chose certain boons...

I used to be mainly a support in PvP, helping to cap points while dealing satisfactory medium damage -- but now I want to play as a DPS / burst-damage, so around which % of Critical chance should I aim for (I'm currently at 36.2%, unfeated & no-boons), and around which Armor Pen would be ideal (I'm at -13.8% unfeated and no-boon)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    We are hi-jacking this thread, which is not so good..

But sorry man, I am not a good person to ask pvp oriented questions. Most answers I give are likely to be wrong.
    But Strength is strength and power is power.. I don't think your question really computes. The bonus from the strength feat is added to ALL damage you do, though.. as far as I can tell. So if you have a good strength stat, go for it. I have strength as the lowest of my main three stats.

You should keep increasing your power rating as much as possible, a bit at a time. I have about 6K on mine and still increasing it.
    You need -24% damage resistance in PvE, but I -think- it might be good to have more than that in PvP. Don't quote me on that, though.

As for crit.. I had 49.x% until Mod5.. something in mod5 dropped me down to 43%.. but I don't see it in practice.. almost all I see is orange floaters anyway. Perfect Vorpal loves that. Don't neglect your defense and deflect, either.. 75% base deflect severity is nothing to scoff at.
    edited November 2014
    Ah I see. Thanks for all the help you could give :)

I'll just create a new thread then but the thing is this is the first day I signed up for Forums so how long do I have to wait to be able to make my own posts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Ah I see. Thanks for all the help you could give :)

I'll just create a new thread then but the thing is this is the first day I signed up for Forums so how long do I have to wait to be able to make my own posts?

I don't know what that period is, but I don't think it is very long. I think, but am not sure, that you can PM a mod, Zebular for example, and ask him to peel your post from this thread into its own. Well I am sure you can do that, but only THINK that he can or will help out in that way. =)

Alternately, you can browse the Thieves' Den, find a post that more directly relates to your question (For example, this one,) and post your questions to it.

(I have not read that thread, but the subject seems to be along the line of your questions.)

(I just looked at it. Of course that guy maxed them both out, which is not a bad idea if you really want to maximize damage.. but you will need gear or whatever to make up for whatever it left spare.)
  • wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2014

I'll PM you an answer.

To stay on topic, I agree about liking the changes to the rogue. Yes, I haven't played as long as some of you, and yes, there are still some balance issues currently, and yes, the executioner still has at least 2 buggy feats, BUT I like them regardless.

I feel as though there's an ease or a comfort to using my TR now. Not because of brute strength, but flexibility of use. I appreciate the work put into them, and while I was afraid of the changes to stealth at first, I've grown to like them ever since I realized it doesn't actually affect my current rogue tactics at all.

Thank you PWE & Cryptic, for giving my rogue purpose.
    edited December 2014
    wyndrarch wrote: »
    I'll PM you an answer.

To stay on topic, I agree about liking the changes to the rogue. Yes, I haven't played as long as some of you, and yes, there are still some balance issues currently, and yes, the executioner still has at least 2 buggy feats, BUT I like them regardless.

I feel as though there's an ease or a comfort to using my TR now. Not because of brute strength, but flexibility of use. I appreciate the work put into them, and while I was afraid of the changes to stealth at first, I've grown to like them ever since I realized it doesn't actually affect my current rogue tactics at all.

Thank you PWE & Cryptic, for giving my rogue purpose.

Echoed and endorsed. It has changed my tactics slightly.. and it is an improvement. There used to be certain things that I dreaded having to deal with.. I could deal with them, but I knew I was going to have sore knuckles and tendons afterward. Now I still have to manage myself, but can do it without damaging my hands.. =)

(I'm a bit older than a lot of people in here and my hands have taken some damage, besides.)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I just want to say, I've fallen in love with my TR all over again. Thank you to the devs and everyone who tested and provided feedback. Even if things get adjusted, there is still a lot of utility here that wasn't there before. So thanks ^_^

Of course you will. TR is overpowered at the moment. If I had a BIS geared TR, I'd play that in PVP all day everyday this mod and just take out entire teams
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, like BIS geared CW, HR, DC and GWF.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have been playing my TR since launch mostly and I have to say the class is so fun to play now! I don't pvp anymore (since mod 3 or 4 at least) so I'm purely PVE but I'm so glad to be finally able to contribute more to a group than before, My DPS is very nice now (wich for a pure striker class, should have been a given) and the class finally feels agile and nimble, instead of slow, like before.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • keetster1keetster1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Completely agree, the attacks feel weighty and I really like what the devs have done with the Whisperknife. I really like the mid-range attack style and DOTS from DHS.

I'm use Saboteur feats and really like being able to harass enemies from afar. Also the improved dodge-roll makes me feel like the nimble, mobile rogue I was always meant to be.

Really enjoying the class again, please don't change it anytime soon ;)
  • johnnyggacjohnnyggac Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So with the now correctly fixxed SoD which would be the best pve and pvp specs?
    Also is there any pros to choosing wk instead of mi for pve??
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Of course you will. TR is overpowered at the moment. If I had a BIS geared TR, I'd play that in PVP all day everyday this mod and just take out entire teams

Another panic maker? CW was op in last mod, same as hr, in mod 3 GWF and HR was op. Now HR is same op and TR stealth class is finally as strong as it always should be. There is no MMO game i have played before that rogue is weakiest in pvp as it was in mod 4. Now finally everything is coming back to normal. No longer broken CW running around pvp against who TR had no chance except for hiding and trying to kill them in few minutes while they could one shot him. I still can't understand how it ended up that mage class was way stronger in pvp than stealth class in last mod, like everything was flipped upside down. My CW was way easier to play than TR and way stronger, just ridiculous it was, glad that this 4-th worst mod ended finally.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)