test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just a question about Jewelcrafting

yourbutt2048yourbutt2048 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Are the rings and such that are made through Jewelcrafting bound to account or bound to character?
Post edited by yourbutt2048 on

Comments

• fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The final double solts items are bop, bound on character. This setting is pain when you 8 characters and you have to level it from lv1 -lv20 8 times:(
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Yup, most profession gears are bound. However, the rings are the best atm anyways,
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wish they change it to BOA....I know it is a dream
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited December 2014
    can be those rings, belts and necks equipped by a companion?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014

Yes they can
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yes, but the BoP ones can only be equipped by the companions of that toon.
    It seems a crazy to have gone for BoP. BoA makes much more sense. You still couldn't sell them but you could craft stuff for alts. It's lots of work and expense to level up profs to 20 to then just craft a couple of rings.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited December 2014
    Yes they can

TY!

10 chars at least
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    Yup, most profession gears are bound. However, the rings are the best atm anyways,

Actually, much profession-crafted gear is not account/character bound - that's how people sell the purple gemmed shirts and pants on the AH.

Jewelcrafting should be account-bound, in my opinion, so at least you can share stuff across your account characters. I'm fine with not allowing the stuff to be sold on the AH, but making the items character-bound is just creating more grind for us. Ugh!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    henry404 wrote: »
    Yes, but the BoP ones can only be equipped by the companions of that toon.
    It seems a crazy to have gone for BoP. BoA makes much more sense. You still couldn't sell them but you could craft stuff for alts. It's lots of work and expense to level up profs to 20 to then just craft a couple of rings.

It's definitely work/time to level professions to 20, but where's the expense?

If you're not in a rush, you can just do gathering ore and pelts/crafting strips and gems tasks all the way - remembering that you can do as many of these tasks as you have slots. If you want to speed things up a bit, craft witch --> reformation --> mage --> replenishment --> wizard (--> knight, after you have a stash of wizard jewelry). There the only expense is some residuum, which is quite cheap.

I've been leveling 2 characters at a time, with the second one a few levels behind the first. The lower-level crafter passes her crafted items to the higher level one, speeding things up and saving on storage space. Two have hit 20, and two are in their teens in jewelcrafting.

And remember, you're not just doing this for two personal rings: you also have ring/neck/waist slots on your augment companions, and the two enchantment slots in the BoP jewelry makes them better than any other gear for them as well.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if they change jewelcrafting to Boa they MUST change the other profession BOP's like MC weapon set to BOA as well - and I do not see that happening as great of an idea that is.

Yes it'll be a pain but hey level 20 in one skill / 3 opens more character slots.
    edited December 2014
    Yes it is going to be a REAL pain for we, the casual gamers. . . Ugh . . .

I'm going to have to turn Cid loose soon (my current avatar) . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited December 2014
    I guess I scared everyone when I mentioned turning Cid loose . . :)

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are other people getting the T3 results from the rare "craft purple item" quests ?

I have 4 purple tools so theoretically a 60% chance of getting the T3 result, I've actually had the T2 result every time, and it doesn't help that the picture of the T2 ring in your inventory shows a slot in it which I'm not sure is really there.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are other people getting the T3 results from the rare "craft purple item" quests ?

I have 4 purple tools so theoretically a 60% chance of getting the T3 result, I've actually had the T2 result every time, and it doesn't help that the picture of the T2 ring in your inventory shows a slot in it which I'm not sure is really there.

Yes, I've crafted a t2 and t3 result.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    RNG is gonna RNG. I've been working professions for a while. It's profitable but you have to expect losses on the margin.