test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

game stops responding when I try to make a new character

jimpman88jimpman88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I submitted a ticket about this but what they suggested didn't work. I had bought the two extra character slots on the zen market. I built one just fine, but now when I try to create the other the game stops responding. This happens whether I let the movie play out or not. I can still play using one of my preexisting characters. Any idea's?
Post edited by jimpman88 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2014
    hmmm..I must be the only one with this problem
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    has no one else had this problem?
  • Options
    endlessammoendlessammo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jimpman88 wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket about this but what they suggested didn't work. I had bought the two extra character slots on the zen market. I built one just fine, but now when I try to create the other the game stops responding. This happens whether I let the movie play out or not. I can still play using one of my preexisting characters. Any idea'
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    lol first time writing on a log but same thing was happening to me. I bought 2 character slots when trying to start 1 I try to cut the intro and it crashed NW I started again let the intro play out and it still crashed. I hope the Devs can look into this matter please!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if we can get rid of the two extra and see if it works?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if the devs even look at their customers post to see what problems can be fixed
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    how many character slots are u using now ?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    they have been trying to help me. Nothing has worked yet. Ive just uninstalled, and am re-installing now..i hope that works!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    how much of the 7 is working 1 2? and I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and that did not do zip >_< I have 2 that am using GF HR and 2 thats not working its saying 2 out of 4 profiles ugh I want to play DC :( I was thinking of deleteing my GF to see if its just the 2 new files or all the files so yeah....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    if u find anything just post it because I have been looking to solve this problem 4 days ago I even update my driver that AD I saved up to buy 500 zen hurts and on top of that 2 slots not working zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    they were unable to find a reason for it, I mentioned that it started when I bought the two extra slots but they didnt mention anything about fixing that. Uninstalling didnt help me either.
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have you been playing the game long? I ask as I want to know if you've been able to ever get past the character screen?

Here are some things I'd try 1st
    Reinstall game (your doing that)
    Have you installed any new software that could possibly be causing this?
    Check you have latest graphics card driver.
    Scan for malware (malware bytes antimalware) (and with your normal antivirus)
    clear temporary files and junk from pc (use ccleaner, do not use the "registry" option just the cleaner option.)
    If all else fails and you have been playing the game Ok up to a few days ago then you could always roll back your Pc to an earlier point in time and see if that has any effect.
    If you need any help with any of this give me a toot and good luck.

It looks like a new install may fix it to me from what you have said.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The game actually runs fine, I can play the characters I already have; I just cant make new ones (even after buying extra slots and deleting some of the old ones.) I did a new install and still have the same problem. I have plenty of memory. Ive tried everything the support people suggested and still nothing.